Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > Best Buy Sells Linux > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Add another once Windows-only PC distributor to the Linux hit list. Thanks to >| the new Asus Eee Laptop, Best Buy, the Richfield, Minnesota based >| ...

  1. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Best Buy Sells Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Add another once Windows-only PC distributor to the Linux hit list. Thanks to
    >| the new Asus Eee Laptop, Best Buy, the Richfield, Minnesota based
    >| corporation, is selling Linux on their website (you can check out the web
    >| page here).
    > `----
    >
    > http://linuxhow2.com/News/Best_Buy_Sells_Linux.html

    Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for it...
    "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market to me,
    so it'll be interesting to see if it sells. As it's so small and light,
    and girls tend not to be all that bothered by FPS 3D games, it might
    have a greater market amongst females than males... maybe.

  2. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 28 February 2008 15:39 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Best Buy Sells Linux
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Add another once Windows-only PC distributor to the Linux hit list. Thanks
    >>| to the new Asus Eee Laptop, Best Buy, the Richfield, Minnesota based
    >>| corporation, is selling Linux on their website (you can check out the web
    >>| page here).
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://linuxhow2.com/News/Best_Buy_Sells_Linux.html
    >>

    > Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for it...
    > "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market to me,
    > so it'll be interesting to see if it sells. As it's so small and light,
    > and girls tend not to be all that bothered by FPS 3D games, it might
    > have a greater market amongst females than males... maybe.

    I caught a review of it the other day which was written by a female. She loved
    the Linux part of it.

    The Eee would probably work better for some girls than for guys because it's
    small (fits in a purse) and it's more like an accessory. Also, it's safe to
    assume that female play fewer computer games.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
    lies.

  3. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:52:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 28 February 2008 15:39 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> Best Buy Sells Linux
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://linuxhow2.com/News/Best_Buy_Sells_Linux.html
    >>>

    >> Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for it...
    >> "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market to me,
    >> so it'll be interesting to see if it sells. As it's so small and light,
    >> and girls tend not to be all that bothered by FPS 3D games, it might
    >> have a greater market amongst females than males... maybe.

    > I caught a review of it the other day which was written by a female. She loved
    > the Linux part of it.

    A female?

    You talk about women like they were bacteria in a petri dish.

    No wonder you have no social life Roy Schestowitz other than SPAMMING 24x7.

    > The Eee would probably work better for some girls than for guys because it's
    > small (fits in a purse) and it's more like an accessory. Also, it's safe to
    > assume that female play fewer computer games.

    Obviously you know nothing about "females".

    How old are you again?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for
    > it... "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market
    > to me

    The lappy has to match the shoes, handbag and lipstick. It's all about
    accessorising, apparently. Personally, I can't even find matching socks,
    much less coordinate my hardware with my wardrobe. In fact I'm not sure
    I even /have/ any socks. I'd have to check.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    01:48:09 up 69 days, 23:24, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.19, 0.18

  5. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:48:27 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for
    >> it... "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market
    >> to me

    > The lappy has to match the shoes, handbag and lipstick. It's all about
    > accessorising, apparently.

    Another Linux transgendered, cross dressing freak.
    Have you met Roy 'Racine' Schestowitz?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting to note that there is a new colour available, wait for
    >> it... "blush pink". This sounds like an attempt at the female market
    >> to me

    > The lappy has to match the shoes, handbag and lipstick.

    hmm, so the lappy has to match the lippy... :-)

    i>It's all about
    > accessorising, apparently. Personally, I can't even find matching socks,
    > much less coordinate my hardware with my wardrobe. In fact I'm not sure
    > I even /have/ any socks. I'd have to check.

    One needs a gentleman's outfitter.

  7. Re: [News] Best Buy Now Selling GNU/Linux

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > [H]omer espoused:

    >> Personally, I can't even find matching socks, much less coordinate
    >> my hardware with my wardrobe. In fact I'm not sure I even /have/
    >> any socks. I'd have to check.

    > One needs a gentleman's outfitter.

    Yes indeed sir, I fear one does.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    20:57:20 up 70 days, 18:33, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

+ Reply to Thread