Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > The Shadow Tales of Microsoft > > ,----[ Quote ] > | If you don't believe me, take a look at what's happening out there. > | Linux is cutting into Microsoft's desktop dominance. It's also ...

  1. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | If you don't believe me, take a look at what's happening out there.
    > | Linux is cutting into Microsoft's desktop dominance. It's also wiping
    > | away any hope of it gaining server dominance. Firefox is quickly
    > | replacing its browser as the preferred method for surfing the internet.
    > | Outlook is being slowly knocked off its pedestal by open source
    > | alternatives, and other competitors are attacking them from all sides in
    > | their other fields as well. Open Source is on a roll and Microsoft is
    > | getting run over on all sides, and while it may not seem like they're
    > | loosing the war, they are. Just because Open Source isn't in the
    > | mainstream news doesn't mean it's not winning. And if this isn't causing
    > | Microsoft and Steve Balmer to reach the point of being nearly panic
    > | stricken, then I'm a monkey's uncle. I honestly believe right now that
    > | they're terrified. Hence the battle for Yahoo is a battle for their very
    > | existence.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382
    >
    > So will Microsoft now go into debt?

    GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  2. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | If you don't believe me, take a look at what's happening out there.
    >> | Linux is cutting into Microsoft's desktop dominance. It's also wiping
    >> | away any hope of it gaining server dominance. Firefox is quickly
    >> | replacing its browser as the preferred method for surfing the internet.
    >> | Outlook is being slowly knocked off its pedestal by open source
    >> | alternatives, and other competitors are attacking them from all sides in
    >> | their other fields as well. Open Source is on a roll and Microsoft is
    >> | getting run over on all sides, and while it may not seem like they're
    >> | loosing the war, they are. Just because Open Source isn't in the
    >> | mainstream news doesn't mean it's not winning. And if this isn't causing
    >> | Microsoft and Steve Balmer to reach the point of being nearly panic
    >> | stricken, then I'm a monkey's uncle. I honestly believe right now that
    >> | they're terrified. Hence the battle for Yahoo is a battle for their very
    >> | existence.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382
    >>
    >> So will Microsoft now go into debt?
    >>

    > GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

    They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling loans and
    all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun picking these
    bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other sites like Groklaw are
    beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared about (which is why they
    resort to vicious attacks).

    Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
    Mem: 515500k total, 444932k used, 70568k free, 1612k buffers

  3. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    It's better than wallowing in bull **** like you do Roy Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382
    >>>
    >>> So will Microsoft now go into debt?
    >>>

    >> GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

    > They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling
    > loans and all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun
    > picking these bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other sites
    > like Groklaw are beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared
    > about (which is why they resort to vicious attacks).
    >
    > Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.

    Do they still augment employee's paycheck with mickysoft bucks (stock)? It
    would interesting to see the paychecks start bouncing and be issued more
    shares instead...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  5. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:54:13 -0500, Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____

    >>> GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

    >> They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling
    >> loans and all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun
    >> picking these bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other sites
    >> like Groklaw are beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared
    >> about (which is why they resort to vicious attacks).
    >>
    >> Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.
    >>

    > Do they still augment employee's paycheck with mickysoft bucks (stock)? It
    > would interesting to see the paychecks start bouncing and be issued more
    > shares instead...

    Microsoft has produced more millionaires in modern history than any other
    company.
    Sorry you didn't get the job Jerry.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 14:54 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____

    >>> GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

    >> They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling
    >> loans and all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun
    >> picking these bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other sites
    >> like Groklaw are beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared
    >> about (which is why they resort to vicious attacks).
    >>
    >> Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.
    >>

    > Do they still augment employee's paycheck with mickysoft bucks (stock)? It
    > would interesting to see the paychecks start bouncing and be issued more
    > shares instead...

    From what I'm told, they do a lot of temping, visa and offshoring to give an
    illusion of growth (more employees, some cheaper).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
    run-level 2 2008-01-24 14:06 last=

  7. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 14:54 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____

    >>> They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling
    >>> loans and all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun
    >>> picking these bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other
    >>> sites
    >>> like Groklaw are beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared
    >>> about (which is why they resort to vicious attacks).
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.
    >>>

    >> Do they still augment employee's paycheck with mickysoft bucks (stock)?
    >> It
    >> would interesting to see the paychecks start bouncing and be issued more
    >> shares instead...

    > From what I'm told, they do a lot of temping, visa and offshoring to give
    > an
    > illusion of growth (more employees, some cheaper).

    From what you're told??? You're a pathetic spammer who lives in a college
    dorm room. Do tell us exactly *who* is telling you the internal hiring
    policies of Microsoft!

    The only thing that you're hearing are the voices in your head. And all of
    these voices are as crazy as you are!!!

    "You heard" - yeah right. More delusions of grandeur from the dishonest
    scumbag liar.

  8. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:19:13 -0500, Abdul Bonnatari wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >> From what I'm told, they do a lot of temping, visa and offshoring to give
    >> an
    >> illusion of growth (more employees, some cheaper).

    > From what you're told??? You're a pathetic spammer who lives in a college
    > dorm room. Do tell us exactly *who* is telling you the internal hiring
    > policies of Microsoft!
    >
    > The only thing that you're hearing are the voices in your head. And all of
    > these voices are as crazy as you are!!!
    >
    > "You heard" - yeah right. More delusions of grandeur from the dishonest
    > scumbag liar.

    And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    Pied Piper.
    I can't believe that they still don't get what Roy Schestowitz is all
    about.

    Can they, the COLA Linux 'advocates' really be that ignorant?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:37:42 -0500
    :
    > On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:19:13 -0500, Abdul Bonnatari wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> From what I'm told, they do a lot of temping, visa and offshoring
    >>> to give an illusion of growth (more employees, some cheaper).

    >> From what you're told??? You're a pathetic spammer who
    >> lives in a college dorm room. Do tell us exactly *who* is
    >> telling you the internal hiring policies of Microsoft!
    >>
    >> The only thing that you're hearing are the voices in your head.
    >> And all of these voices are as crazy as you are!!!
    >>
    >> "You heard" - yeah right. More delusions of grandeur from the
    >> dishonest scumbag liar.

    > And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    > Pied Piper.

    More properly:

    "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    the Pied Piper".

    > I can't believe that they still don't get what Roy Schestowitz is all
    > about.

    Perhaps you can enlighten us. Please do so.

    > Can they, the COLA Linux 'advocates' really be that ignorant?

    Would you prefer we follow you?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

  10. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    >> Pied Piper.

    > More properly:
    >
    > "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    > the Pied Piper".

    Moshe's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

    --
    If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.
    -- Bill Gates

  11. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:37:42 -0500
    > :

    > >> From what you're told??? You're a pathetic spammer who
    > >> lives in a college dorm room. Do tell us exactly *who* is
    > >> telling you the internal hiring policies of Microsoft!
    > >>
    > >> The only thing that you're hearing are the voices in your head.
    > >> And all of these voices are as crazy as you are!!!
    > >>
    > >> "You heard" - yeah right. More delusions of grandeur from the
    > >> dishonest scumbag liar.

    > > And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    > > Pied Piper.

    > More properly:
    >
    > "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    > the Pied Piper".

    Nope. And yet the COLA rats [1] follow the COLA Pied Piper Roy.

    > > I can't believe that they still don't get what Roy Schestowitz is all
    > > about.

    > Perhaps you can enlighten us. Please do so.

    No, you are blinded by Roy's spamming [2].

    > > Can they, the COLA Linux 'advocates' really be that ignorant?
    > >

    > Would you prefer we follow you?

    You are just a follower. Maybe you should follow Marti [3].

    [1] That includes you and Liarnut
    [2] And you are a ****ing idiot
    [3] Marti - Marti ****tard van lintard

    > --
    > #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    > "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    > elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    >
    > --

    Teranews. Reminds me of the idiot Liarnut and his killfile. LOL.

  12. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    Linonut wrote:
    > * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    > >>
    > >> And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    > >> Pied Piper.

    > > More properly:
    > >
    > > "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    > > the Pied Piper".

    > Moshe's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

    Moshe is the right tool for the right job. He hammers the spammers and
    liars. Talking about sharp - lets talk about your killfile and news
    servers, shall we?

    Idiot!

    > --
    > If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.
    > -- Bill Gates

  13. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:34:39 -0800, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:37:42 -0500
    > :

    >>> From what you're told??? You're a pathetic spammer who
    >>> lives in a college dorm room. Do tell us exactly *who* is
    >>> telling you the internal hiring policies of Microsoft!
    >>>
    >>> The only thing that you're hearing are the voices in your head.
    >>> And all of these voices are as crazy as you are!!!
    >>>
    >>> "You heard" - yeah right. More delusions of grandeur from the
    >>> dishonest scumbag liar.

    >> And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    >> Pied Piper.

    > More properly:
    >
    > "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    > the Pied Piper".

    Point taken.
    Thanks for the correction.

    >> I can't believe that they still don't get what Roy Schestowitz is all
    >> about.

    > Perhaps you can enlighten us. Please do so.

    Been there and done that 10000 times already.
    Use your common sense.
    Try my experiment.
    etc.

    >> Can they, the COLA Linux 'advocates' really be that ignorant?
    >>

    > Would you prefer we follow you?

    God please no.

    > --
    > #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    > "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    > elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    Linonut espoused:
    > * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>>
    >>> And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    >>> Pied Piper.

    >> More properly:
    >>
    >> "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    >> the Pied Piper".

    > Moshe's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

    He wouldn't be the sharpest tool in a single tool collection...

  15. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 28 February 2008 07:56 : \____

    > Linonut espoused:
    >> * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    >>> More properly:
    >>>
    >>> "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    >>> the Pied Piper".

    >> Moshe's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
    >>

    > He wouldn't be the sharpest tool in a single tool collection...

    Neither sharp... not does he have a tool based on his reflective insults
    directed at others. It's best to ignore the trolls. They use this as an excuse
    for followups (slander feeding). As long as they just feed each other, they
    remain invisible.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
    everything it touches."
    --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

  16. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, mark.kent.is.owned@gmail.com

    wrote
    on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:38:03 -0800 (PST)
    <4e39ddff-e88a-4cbf-a0a7-2925f1502ef9@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:37:42 -0500
    >> :

    >> > And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy Schestowitz around like some kind of a
    >> > Pied Piper.

    >> More properly:
    >>
    >> "And yet the COLA sheep follow Roy around as the rats followed
    >> the Pied Piper".

    > Nope. And yet the COLA rats [1] follow the COLA Pied Piper Roy.

    Of course we do, as you have not given us a reasonable alternative.

    >> > I can't believe that they still don't get what Roy Schestowitz is all
    >> > about.

    >> Perhaps you can enlighten us. Please do so.

    > No, you are blinded by Roy's spamming [2].

    Prejudicial, aren't we?

    >> > Can they, the COLA Linux 'advocates' really be that ignorant?
    >> >

    >> Would you prefer we follow you?

    > You are just a follower. Maybe you should follow Marti [3].
    >
    > [1] That includes you and Liarnut
    > [2] And you are a ****ing idiot
    > [3] Marti - Marti ****tard van lintard

    I'd rather follow you. Please lead me by the nose. :-P

    >> --
    >> #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    >> "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    >> elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    >>
    >> --

    > Teranews. Reminds me of the idiot Liarnut and his killfile. LOL.

    They're cheap.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  17. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 28 February 2008 20:01 : \____

    >> Teranews. Reminds me of the idiot Liarnut and his killfile. LOL.

    > They're cheap.

    They are also plonked, with the exception of ghosts.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
    Tasks: 128 total, 1 running, 127 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  18. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    wrote
    on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:40:47 +0000
    <1380729.cCgcDdC6S9@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 28 February 2008 20:01 : \____
    >
    >>> Teranews. Reminds me of the idiot Liarnut and his killfile. LOL.

    >> They're cheap.

    > They are also plonked, with the exception of ghosts.

    Thank you. I hope you'll also forgive me for suggesting
    to Moshe that he sic the FBI on you; his complaints are
    interesting but if he has no follow-through that's all
    they are -- complaints.

    And complaints, like computer code and virus-laden
    malware, do nothing without something to execute them.
    In the case of criminal complaints, that would be the
    Federal authorities; in the case of the other two, the
    microprocessor and/or the OS.

    So far, he's not exactly chomping at the bit to send
    certified letters to the appropriate individuals... ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because vaporware only goes so far.

  19. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:58:05 -0800, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:40:47 +0000
    > <1380729.cCgcDdC6S9@schestowitz.com>:
    >> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 28 February 2008 20:01 : \____

    >>> They're cheap.

    >> They are also plonked, with the exception of ghosts.
    >>

    > Thank you. I hope you'll also forgive me for suggesting
    > to Moshe that he sic the FBI on you; his complaints are
    > interesting but if he has no follow-through that's all
    > they are -- complaints.

    I would never do anything like that.
    Not even to Schestowitz.
    There is only one person in the group that I consider mentally unstable and
    possibly a danger. I've mentioned the name before.

    > And complaints, like computer code and virus-laden
    > malware, do nothing without something to execute them.
    > In the case of criminal complaints, that would be the
    > Federal authorities; in the case of the other two, the
    > microprocessor and/or the OS.
    >
    > So far, he's not exactly chomping at the bit to send
    > certified letters to the appropriate individuals... ;-)

    Mcirosoft, Novell, Xandros, Linspire, the RIAA, the BSA and every other
    company that Roy libels on a daily basis know all about him already.

    Roy can thank himself for that because his high profile operation has put
    him right in their sights.
    Whether they decide to do anything about Roy Schestowitz is another story.

    And like I have said, I would defend Roy's right to free speech to the end
    however I would not defend his right to spread false information about a
    corporation. Information that might harm the reputation of their products
    etc.
    If he can back up his claims against the above, more power to him and I
    will support him.

    If not, which obviously is the case, he is on his own.

    Roy Schestowitz likes to talk a big talk with his various hate sites and so
    forth but when things start getting hot for him, let's see how well he
    holds up.

    Based up what I have seen here in COLA, he will quietly exit stage left..
    Which is probably his only defense.

    > --
    > #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    > Linux. Because vaporware only goes so far.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: [News] Roy Schestowitz hears voices in his head

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:36:15 -0500
    <18ulhrwwrihz8$.4ca4ghluecuo$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:58:05 -0800, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:40:47 +0000
    >> <1380729.cCgcDdC6S9@schestowitz.com>:
    >>> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 28 February 2008 20:01 : \____

    >>> They are also plonked, with the exception of ghosts.
    >>>

    >> Thank you. I hope you'll also forgive me for suggesting
    >> to Moshe that he sic the FBI on you; his complaints are
    >> interesting but if he has no follow-through that's all
    >> they are -- complaints.

    > I would never do anything like that.

    Why not? It is your sworn duty as a citizen to uphold the law.
    You found it, you report it.

    > Not even to Schestowitz.
    > There is only one person in the group that I consider
    > mentally unstable and possibly a danger. I've mentioned
    > the name before.
    >
    >> And complaints, like computer code and virus-laden
    >> malware, do nothing without something to execute them.
    >> In the case of criminal complaints, that would be the
    >> Federal authorities; in the case of the other two, the
    >> microprocessor and/or the OS.
    >>
    >> So far, he's not exactly chomping at the bit to send
    >> certified letters to the appropriate individuals... ;-)

    > Mcirosoft, Novell, Xandros, Linspire, the RIAA, the BSA and every other
    > company that Roy libels on a daily basis know all about him already.

    are few and far between. If you like, of course, establish
    a contact with the legal departments of Microsoft, Novell,
    Xandros, Linspire, the RIAA, and the BSA, and CC the
    offending material, explaining the situation and including
    Roy's website and/or posts for corroborating evidence.
    Since this is a civil libel suit that's probably all that's
    needed unless they call you as a character witness.

    > Roy can thank himself for that because his high profile operation has put
    > him right in their sights.
    > Whether they decide to do anything about Roy Schestowitz is another story.

    Libel is actionable, but they *do have to know*. Do they
    know? Are you sure they know?

    Find out if they do know, and if they don't know, let them know.
    Someone may have to tell them.

    The logical someone is of course you.

    > And like I have said, I would defend Roy's right to free speech to the end

    THIS IS NOT FREE SPEECH! Free speech does *not* include
    libel or slander. Amendment I protections do *NOT* apply
    towards libel or slander. (Unless someone can produce
    a case that says different.)

    > however I would not defend his right to spread false information about a
    > corporation.

    Again, that's not free speech.

    > Information that might harm the reputation of their products
    > etc.
    > If he can back up his claims against the above, more power to him and I
    > will support him.

    Fine, send him a request to do so and CC *us*.

    > If not, which obviously is the case, he is on his own.

    But you need to ensure that the powers that are being libeled
    know about this danger to their products/reputation.

    Do the right thing; send them a certified letter with return receipt,
    detailing the situation.

    > Roy Schestowitz likes to talk a big talk with his various hate sites and so
    > forth but when things start getting hot for him, let's see how well he
    > holds up.

    Even the biggest bomb needs a match (or in the case of
    a certain truck, a blasting cap). You may need to spark
    things along a bit.

    Are you hot enough under the collar? Or just blowing smoke?

    Are you *man* enough to follow through?

    If you don't follow through I'll have to assume that
    you're just YetAnotherChicken****Idiot(tm) who can't
    figure out which bit is the mouse and which the monitor,
    and is totally unwilling to do the right thing by
    removing/reforming a lawbreaker from the community.

    We get these here regularly.

    *You* identified the problem; now you get to ensure it gets fixed.

    That's what a real man does. (Me, I'm wishy-washy. I don't deny it.)

    > Based up what I have seen here in COLA, he will quietly exit stage left..
    > Which is probably his only defense.

    That'll be fine, after a fashion; the Winvocates can then defend
    themselves ably by noting Linux's "problems".

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
    std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);