IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew???? - Linux

This is a discussion on IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew???? - Linux ; http://www.reuters.com/article/usMkt...34989520080226 Yoo hoo.... Where are you guys? Hahahaha! So Mark Kent, when is IBM, the great Linux savior, going to crash and burn? You Linux boobs make it so dammed easy. -- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the ...

  1. IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew????

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew????

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:10:49 -0500
    :

    > http://www.reuters.com/article/usMkt...34989520080226
    >
    > Yoo hoo....
    > Where are you guys?
    >
    > Hahahaha!
    >
    > So Mark Kent, when is IBM, the great Linux savior, going to crash and burn?
    >
    > You Linux boobs make it so dammed easy.

    There is a certain lag time for a company to fail,
    not unlike a spinning wheel slowing to a stop or a car
    using its brakes; presumably in the case of IBM, it's the
    cash divided by the difference between revenue and gross
    profits, leading to

    (16.15)/(98.79 - 38.30) = 3 months.

    That's the absolute minimum failure time one can expect --
    the equivalent of a squealing stop on dry pavement to avoid
    a wayward pedestrian. Expect a reorganization announcement
    sometime in late March (as the financial highlights are
    reported on Dec 31 of last year) at the very very earliest.

    Meanwhile, Microsoft is reporting an increase in revenue
    to $57.90B. Microsoft could very well triple that this
    year or next, as it picks up IBM's mainframe and database
    business.

    (Oh, and I also have a bridge for sale. Inquire within.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #992381111:
    while(bit&BITMASK) ;

  3. Re: IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew????

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:10:49 -0500
    > :
    >>
    >> http://www.reuters.com/article/usMkt...34989520080226
    >>
    >> Yoo hoo....
    >> Where are you guys?
    >>
    >> Hahahaha!
    >>
    >> So Mark Kent, when is IBM, the great Linux savior, going to crash and burn?

    "The market is looking for positives. IBM's a big component of the
    market, it's a large weighting. That, combined with Ambac and the
    move late yesterday, is giving short-term direction in the market,"
    said Mark Schlarbaum, a trader at Global Capital Management, in
    Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.

    The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI was up 145.31 points, or 1.16
    percent, at 12,715.53. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX was up
    13.38 points, or 0.98 percent, at 1,385.18. The Nasdaq Composite
    Index .IXIC was up 30.32 points, or 1.30 percent, at 2,357.80.

    >> You Linux boobs make it so dammed easy.

    You, Moshe, are, manifestly, an idiot.

    > Meanwhile, Microsoft is reporting an increase in revenue
    > to $57.90B. Microsoft could very well triple that this
    > year or next, as it picks up IBM's mainframe and database
    > business.
    >
    > (Oh, and I also have a bridge for sale. Inquire within.)

    Is it a Northbridge or a Southbridge?

    --
    If I'd had some set idea of a finish line, don't you think I would have
    crossed it years ago?

  4. Re: IBM Buys Back Shares...So is IBM going out of business like Microsoft? How about it Roy and Crew????

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:25:58 -0500
    :
    > * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:10:49 -0500
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> http://www.reuters.com/article/usMkt...34989520080226
    >>>
    >>> Yoo hoo....
    >>> Where are you guys?
    >>>
    >>> Hahahaha!
    >>>
    >>> So Mark Kent, when is IBM, the great Linux savior, going to crash and burn?

    > "The market is looking for positives. IBM's a big component of the
    > market, it's a large weighting. That, combined with Ambac and the
    > move late yesterday, is giving short-term direction in the market,"
    > said Mark Schlarbaum, a trader at Global Capital Management, in
    > Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.
    >
    > The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI was up 145.31 points, or 1.16
    > percent, at 12,715.53. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX was up
    > 13.38 points, or 0.98 percent, at 1,385.18. The Nasdaq Composite
    > Index .IXIC was up 30.32 points, or 1.30 percent, at 2,357.80.
    >
    >>> You Linux boobs make it so dammed easy.

    > You, Moshe, are, manifestly, an idiot.

    Ya think? :-)

    >> Meanwhile, Microsoft is reporting an increase in revenue
    >> to $57.90B. Microsoft could very well triple that this
    >> year or next, as it picks up IBM's mainframe and database
    >> business.
    >>
    >> (Oh, and I also have a bridge for sale. Inquire within.)

    > Is it a Northbridge or a Southbridge?

    Reminds one of a spider's web. A very pretty bridge, actually.

    http://new-york.gemzies.com/show/ent...yn_Bridge.html
    http://photodelusions.wordpress.com/...ooklyn-bridge/

    :-)

    It does appear to be the southernmost bridge linking that
    particular peninsula, though. (Route 478 or the Battery
    Tunnel is obviously not a bridge, but is just south.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.