NEWS - Ujjwal Acharya says Ubuntu still doesn't work and has too many problems - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - Ujjwal Acharya says Ubuntu still doesn't work and has too many problems - Linux ; Feb 26, 2008 -"Then, my modem was not recognized, so I am still without the internet connection on my Ubuntu. I loved using Linux, for its simplicity and choices of softwares but then there are problems. My Ubuntu neither plays ...

  1. NEWS - Ujjwal Acharya says Ubuntu still doesn't work and has too many problems

    Feb 26, 2008

    -"Then, my modem was not recognized, so I am still without the internet
    connection on my Ubuntu.

    I loved using Linux, for its simplicity and choices of softwares but then
    there are problems. My Ubuntu neither plays my DVDs nor the MP3s. I got to
    get extra programs to do it all. And, installing extra programs can be
    painful particularly because there names are confusing and then there are
    various ways of doing it. Unless, its a .Deb, the file will not install
    easily on my Ubuntu."

    http://www.nepalivoices.com/nepal-bl...ut-experiecne/

  2. Re: NEWS - Ujjwal Acharya says Ubuntu still doesn't work and has too many problems

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:15:21 -0500, Vernon Wormer wrote:

    > Feb 26, 2008
    >
    > -"Then, my modem was not recognized, so I am still without the internet
    > connection on my Ubuntu.
    >
    > I loved using Linux, for its simplicity and choices of softwares but then
    > there are problems. My Ubuntu neither plays my DVDs nor the MP3s. I got to
    > get extra programs to do it all. And, installing extra programs can be
    > painful particularly because there names are confusing and then there are
    > various ways of doing it. Unless, its a .Deb, the file will not install
    > easily on my Ubuntu."
    >

    > http://www.nepalivoices.com/nepal-bl...ut-experiecne/

    Welcome to Linux, the operating system that comes in 48 different boxes.
    Some assembly required.
    Batteries not included.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb