Re: [News] Steve Lake (who's that?) Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Steve Lake (who's that?) Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web - Linux ; "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message news:3298121.0g4D8mnGqp@schestowitz.com... > The Shadow Tales of Microsoft > > > http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382 If some "computer network technician" writes it in his blog then it's gotta be true!!!! Slow news day hey Spamowitz? I guess you'll post ...

  1. Re: [News] Steve Lake (who's that?) Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >

    > http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382

    If some "computer network technician" writes it in his blog then it's gotta
    be true!!!!

    Slow news day hey Spamowitz? I guess you'll post anything to earn that
    paycheck from your masters.

  2. Re: [News] Steve Lake (who's that?) Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    "Vernon Wormer" wrote in message
    news:47c43991$0$26012$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >>

    >> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382

    > If some "computer network technician" writes it in his blog then it's
    > gotta be true!!!!
    >
    > Slow news day hey Spamowitz? I guess you'll post anything to earn that
    > paycheck from your masters.

    Obscure as this Born Again, 35 year-old high school diplomaed, potato-plump
    writer/commentator appears, his rant manages to capture the hopeful
    philosophy of the COLA crowd in a nutshell:

    "If you don't believe me, take a look at what's happening out there. Linux
    is cutting into Microsoft's desktop dominance. It's also wiping away any
    hope of it gaining server dominance. Firefox is quickly replacing its
    browser as the preferred method for surfing the internet. Outlook is being
    slowly knocked off its pedestal by open source alternatives, and other
    competitors are attacking them from all sides in their other fields as well.
    Open Source is on a roll and Microsoft is getting run over on all sides, and
    while it may not seem like they're loosing the war, they are. Just because
    Open Source isn't in the mainstream news doesn't mean it's not winning. And
    if this isn't causing Microsoft and Steve Balmer to reach the point of being
    nearly panic stricken, then I'm a monkey's uncle. I honestly believe right
    now that they're terrified. Hence the battle for Yahoo is a battle for their
    very existence. "

    Now Linux still has a desktop penetration somewhere between zero and
    teeny-weeny with no current metric able to detect it other than as a rarity
    and Windows server market penetration is slightly greater than 50% on unit
    volume and some 40% on value of packaged systems and probably very close to
    100% in terms of revenues for OS platforms not provided by the OEM itself,
    i.e. third party platforms. Similarly, Firefox has been at the brower front
    for almost 4 years now and is still in a very distant second place to IE
    and, ironically, best viewed using Windows OS platforms, hardly a "quickly"
    moving replacement. At the current rate, it might catch IE in some 30 years
    if IE were to stand still. At least he agrees that Outlook, with an
    increasing user base each year, is only being "slowly knocked off its
    pedestal".

    How does he reconcile lack of progress with his claimed rapid victories?
    Well, there's some conspiracy (as always!) to keep the facts out of the
    news. Thankfully that, he believes, is the case, else he would be seen as a
    monkey's uncle rather than as a dumb fat ass.

  3. Re: [News] Steve Lake (who's that?) Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:58:09 -0500, Vernon Wormer wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
    >>

    >> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382

    > If some "computer network technician" writes it in his blog then it's gotta
    > be true!!!!
    >
    > Slow news day hey Spamowitz? I guess you'll post anything to earn that
    > paycheck from your masters.

    With Roy Schestowitz, it's all about quantity not quality.

    It's amazing how many people in COLA he has fooled.

    Oh well, all in good time.
    All in good time.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb