Lenovo introduces K200 Desktop .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Lenovo introduces K200 Desktop .. - Linux ; X-mentohl: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit "The One-key Antivirus permits virus scanning and killing even when the Operating System and the antivirus software do not work" "other features of this desktop include IntelCore2 Duo 2.2Ghz, Memory 1 GB, HDD ...

  1. Lenovo introduces K200 Desktop ..

    "The One-key Antivirus permits virus scanning and killing even when the
    Operating System and the antivirus software do not work"

    "other features of this desktop include IntelCore2 Duo 2.2Ghz, Memory 1
    GB, HDD 250 GB, DVD RW, 16-in-1 Card Reader, Graphics SIS Mirage 3
    +Graphics, Ethernet 10/100, Optical Mouse, Built-in modem and Vista Home
    Basic. It comes with one-year onsite warranty"

    "The Lenovo K200 desktop is available in all Lenovo authorized stores.
    The price starts from Rs.23,050/- onwards"

    IRS23,050 = UKŁ293 = GBP US$578 ..

    http://www.varindia.com/searchdetail...2cd13822836e95

    If you ditch Home Vista you could put a decent OS on it and you won't
    need 'one-key Antivirus'. I wonder how much more you have to fork out to
    get Home Vista to actually do anything .. ?

  2. Re: Lenovo introduces K200 Desktop ..

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:50:33 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    Hopefully it works better than this Linux based Lenovo Thinkpad:

    http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/Re...-of-Questions/

    " Seeing that XEN was preinstalled got our interest. What a great
    ideaˇXdeliver the system with virtualization already in place. Our amazement
    at such an insightful idea quickly waned once we tried to use the XEN boot
    option and were rewarded with an Error 15: File Not Found. We tried to
    resolve the problem using instructions from SUSE, a control panel installer
    and a few other tricks, but we came up empty."

    "The first part of the document covered ˇ§features not supported.ˇ¨ Some of
    those features are:

    * ThinkVantage Active Protection System.
    * ThinkVantage Access Connections for SUSE Linux
    * ThinkPad Configuration for SUSE Linux
    * ThinkPad Power Manager for SUSE Linux
    * Wireless WAN Adapter
    * ThinkVantage Button
    * (Intel Graphics System) DVI Output "

    I don't think I would trust a Lenovo product to even run Linux.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread