    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: andLinux?

    On 2008-02-26, RonB claimed:
    > So, I guess, this is for people who have no choice and *have* to run
    > Windows? I mean, what's the point if you're using it on your own machine?
    > All the instability of Windows, the malware, spybots, viruses -- with a few
    > token Linux programs. If I've got to run Windows programs, I'll run them in
    > Wine or in a Virtual Machine under Linux.

    I tried it out the other day. I was underwhelmed by what I saw, but
    I'll admit it may not have had a fair shake.

    It ran up without any errors. I saw that I had access to some KDE
    programs in the menu. But none of it would actually run. I'm not sure
    why. I didn't try to solve it once I saw that I still had 100% Windross
    look, feel and instability, and all I was going to gain was a bad
    impression (if I was a noob) of some "linux" software in the process.

    --
    My wife and I were happy for 40 years. Then we met.

+ Reply to Thread