iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone. - Linux

This is a discussion on iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone. - Linux ; Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even a retard with 3 ...

  1. iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!

    http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

  2. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    Hadron writes:

    > Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    > mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    > dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    > a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    > the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!
    >
    > http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    Sorry!

    ROTFLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fpvsvf$eo6$6@registered.motzarella.org on 2/25/08 7:19 PM:

    > Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    > mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    > dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    > a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    > the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!
    >
    > http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    The UI seems like it could use some improvement but I am guessing that it
    has a pretty consistent UI from number to number that you call. Hard to
    tell on the picture but I do not see the letters "Q" and "X" on the round
    gesture pad (is that what it is called?). I can see that as leading to
    confusion. It also has both an O and a 0 and I fear some users might get
    confused by that. It does make sense to have the advanced features not
    smacking you in the face all the time (though the headset might in an
    accident!) - such as the ringer volume control which is off to the side of
    the device.

    Can you get it with a longer cord?

    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

  4. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fpvt64$eo6$7@registered.motzarella.org on 2/25/08 7:22 PM:

    > Hadron writes:
    >
    >> Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    >> mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    >> dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    >> a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    >> the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!
    >>
    >> http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    > Sorry!
    >
    > ROTFLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh. You were joking. Disregard my last reply to you.

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  5. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:19:25 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    > mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    > dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    > a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    > the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!
    >
    > http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    And look at the CLI interface!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    On Feb 25, 6:36 pm, Snit wrote:
    > "Hadron" stated in post
    > fpvsvf$eo...@registered.motzarella.org on 2/25/08 7:19 PM:
    >

    > > Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    > > mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    > > dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    > > a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    > > the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!

    > >http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    > The UI seems like it could use some improvement but I am guessing that it
    > has a pretty consistent UI from number to number that you call. Hard to
    > tell on the picture but I do not see the letters "Q" and "X" on the round
    > gesture pad (is that what it is called?). I can see that as leading to
    > confusion. It also has both an O and a 0 and I fear some users might get
    > confused by that. It does make sense to have the advanced features not
    > smacking you in the face all the time (though the headset might in an
    > accident!) - such as the ringer volume control which is off to the side of
    > the device.
    >
    > Can you get it with a longer cord?
    >
    > --
    > "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

    More importantly, I want to know if this particular model can be used
    to dial ones self into the Matrix?

  7. Re: iPhone? Finally we have the LiePhone.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:19:25 +0100
    :

    > Apple will regret keeping their iPhone "closed". Kelsey has designed a new
    > mobile phone which stores no numbers and can help you on route (by
    > dialling your Aunt). No malware. All technology is patentless. And even
    > a retard with 3 thumbs (yes, you HPT) can use it. Snit might question
    > the UI, but it's all about choice folks! Any colour so long as it's black!
    >
    > http://blog.makezine.com/DSC05234.jpg

    "It's been in the family for generations". :-P

    On a slightly more "hip" note:

    http://www.openmoko.com/products-index.html

    and

    http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia/greenphone

    (the latter is unfortunately sold out).

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.
    Windows. The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
    a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".