Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign) - Linux ; You can always tell when Roy is desperate to reach his post count because he starts dredging up year old articles and presenting them as "news". On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:12:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Life Is Complicated ...

  1. Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign)

    You can always tell when Roy is desperate to reach his post count because
    he starts dredging up year old articles and presenting them as "news".

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:12:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Life Is Complicated
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between RickĘs position and
    >| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
    >| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
    >| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
    >| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
    >| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
    >| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
    >| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
    >| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
    >| and IĘm sure the executives have forgotten; but I havenĘt.
    > `----

    Odd that you left out the last sentence of that long paragraph.

    "Anyhow, I thought I had to point that out first before somebody else
    dredged it up, but I totally donĘt think RickĘs status played in this story
    and IĘm also 100% confident of his integrity."

    His point was that He was in EXACTLY the same position as Rick 10 years
    earlier. There is little difference between what Microsoft allegedly did
    to Tim and what Sun (and other pro-ODF people) did to Rick. They attacked
    him mercilessly in forums and did character assasinations, tried to get him
    fired, etc...

    All this article points out is that many members of the ODF community seem
    to see no issue with doing the exact same tactics they accuse Microsoft of.

  2. Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:33:55 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > You can always tell when Roy is desperate to reach his post count because
    > he starts dredging up year old articles and presenting them as "news".

    He has been doing that quite a lot lately.
    his benefactors are not going to be pleased.

    > All this article points out is that many members of the ODF community seem
    > to see no issue with doing the exact same tactics they accuse Microsoft of.

    The Open Source community has some of the nastiest of players.
    Their attitude is either you do it our way or for you, it's the highway.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [Slow "News" Day for Roy Schestowitz] [Rival] Microsoft's Shenanigans Tried to Get Tim Bray Fired With Smear Campaign

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > You can always tell when Roy is desperate to reach his post count because
    > he starts dredging up year old articles and presenting them as "news".

    What's /your/ excuse?

    Moooahahahaha!

    --
    When the PC was launched, people knew it was important.
    -- Bill Gates

  4. yet more samples of Tim Smiths' legwork ..

    on 26/02/08 02:40 Tim Smith wrote:

    > Roy exhibits an extreme level of hypocrisy ..

    Sad, when the worlds's greatist Linux 'advocate' is reduced to personal
    abuse.

  5. Re: yet more samples of Doug Mentohl' brainwashing ..

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > on 26/02/08 02:40 Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Roy exhibits an extreme level of hypocrisy ..

    > Sad, when the worlds's greatist Linux 'advocate' is reduced to personal
    > abuse.

    Your "World's greatest (sic) Linux advocate" is a paid spammer. Before you
    put his photo up on your mantle and hakenwerkz poster and anoint him as
    your messiah remember what the bible warns us of - "Beware of false
    prophets." (Matthew 7:15)

  6. Re: yet more samples of Tim Smiths' legwork ..

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:33:59 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > on 26/02/08 02:40 Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Roy exhibits an extreme level of hypocrisy ..

    > Sad, when the worlds's greatist Linux 'advocate' is reduced to personal
    > abuse.

    Does it taste good, Doug Mentohl?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb