Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel Know Roy Schestowitz?) - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel Know Roy Schestowitz?) - Linux ; Billy Joel must have been inspired by Roy Schestowitz when he penned this classic. It doesn't get much closer to the target than this one: The Angry Young Man---Billy Joel ========================= There's a place in the world for the angry ...

  1. Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel Know Roy Schestowitz?)

    Billy Joel must have been inspired by Roy Schestowitz when he penned this
    classic.

    It doesn't get much closer to the target than this one:

    The Angry Young Man---Billy Joel
    =========================

    There's a place in the world for the angry young man
    With his working class ties and his radical plans
    He refuses to bend, he refuses to crawl,
    He's always at home with his back to the wall.
    And he's proud of his scars and the battles he's lost,
    And he struggles and bleeds as he hangs on the cross-
    And he likes to be known as the angry young man.

    Give a moment or two to the angry young man,
    With his foot in his mouth and his heart in his hand.
    He's been stabbed in the back, he's been misunderstood,
    Its a comfort to know his intentions are good.
    And he sits in a room with a lock on the door,
    With his maps and his medals laid out on the floor-
    And he likes to be known as the angry young man.

    I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
    I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
    I once believed in causes too,
    I had my pointless point of view,
    And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

    And there's always a place for the angry young man,
    With his fist in the air and his head in the sand.
    And he's never been able to learn from mistakes,
    So he cant understand why his heart always breaks.
    But his honor is pure and his courage as well,
    And he's fair and he's true and he's boring as hell-
    And hell go to the grave as an angry old man.

    Billy Joel........

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel KnowRoy Schestowitz?)

    Good one Moshe. I'll have to relisten to that song, I didn't realize
    the lyrics were so good, but I should have guessed as B. Joel always
    has good lyrics. Head in the sand indeed.

    ANd in other news: software down 36% for January, but in one
    category: Apple sales and "Office" sales by Microsoft said the
    article (business software). No mention of Linux, but I guess since
    it's free it doesn't count, not to mention their 1% market share
    doesn't warrant news coverage.

    RL

    On Feb 25, 9:39*am, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel Know Roy Schestowitz?)

    In article ,
    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Billy Joel must have been inspired by Roy Schestowitz when he penned this
    > classic.
    >
    > It doesn't get much closer to the target than this one:
    >
    > The Angry Young Man---Billy Joel

    How about this one?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz --> "The Angry Young Man" (Does Billy Joel Know Roy Schestowitz?)

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:45:00 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> Billy Joel must have been inspired by Roy Schestowitz when he penned this
    >> classic.
    >>
    >> It doesn't get much closer to the target than this one:
    >>
    >> The Angry Young Man---Billy Joel

    > How about this one?

    You sly fox!
    Another one of my favs!