Firefox at 28% usage .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Firefox at 28% usage .. - Linux ; "Firefox’s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in order to reach 28% in December 2007" http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...1-2-3-117.html...

  1. Firefox at 28% usage ..

    "Firefox’s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    order to reach 28% in December 2007"

    http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...1-2-3-117.html

  2. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    "Doug Mentohl" stated in post
    fps5em$pmm$2@news.datemas.de on 2/24/08 9:20 AM:

    > "Firefox¹s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    > order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >
    > http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...mber-2007/inde
    > x-1-2-3-117.html

    UI matters... Firefox has a good UI.

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  3. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:20:40 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > "Firefox’s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    > order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >
    > http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...meter/firefox-

    december-2007/index-1-2-3-117.html

    .... and how long will it be before Web developers start writing to
    standards, and not IE?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    Snit writes:

    > "Doug Mentohl" stated in post
    > fps5em$pmm$2@news.datemas.de on 2/24/08 9:20 AM:
    >
    >> "Firefox¹s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    >> order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>
    >> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...mber-2007/inde
    >> x-1-2-3-117.html

    > UI matters... Firefox has a good UI.

    It also runs as well on Windows.

  5. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fps6vt$n7v$5@registered.motzarella.org on 2/24/08 9:45 AM:

    > Snit writes:
    >
    >> "Doug Mentohl" stated in post
    >> fps5em$pmm$2@news.datemas.de on 2/24/08 9:20 AM:
    >>
    >>> "Firefox©ös visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    >>> order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...cember-2007/in
    >>> de
    >>> x-1-2-3-117.html

    >> UI matters... Firefox has a good UI.

    > It also runs as well on Windows.

    And the Firefox team is smart - in addition to looking at features and
    choice and extensibility they look to have their product have a "native"
    look where ever it is run - and they work with UI experts to make sure
    Firefox has an excellent UI.

    It is an example of excellence in the OSS world... especially from what I
    have seen of Firefox 3 beta.

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  6. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    "Rick" stated in post 13s36vfmte0ut29@news.supernews.com
    on 2/24/08 9:31 AM:

    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:20:40 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "Firefox¹s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    >> order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>
    >> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...meter/firefox-

    > december-2007/index-1-2-3-117.html
    >
    > ... and how long will it be before Web developers start writing to
    > standards, and not IE?

    Those that take my classes learn the importance of both.

    --
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    Hadron wrote:
    > Snit writes:
    >
    >> "Doug Mentohl" stated in post
    >> fps5em$pmm$2@news.datemas.de on 2/24/08 9:20 AM:
    >>
    >>> "Firefox¹s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    >>> order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...mber-2007/inde
    >>> x-1-2-3-117.html

    >> UI matters... Firefox has a good UI.

    > It also runs as well on Windows.

    In my experience, it runs better on Windows. Hopefully that will change
    with FF 3.0.

  8. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > "Firefox’s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    > order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >
    > http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...1-2-3-117.html

    Even in Microsoft's home territory, they're losing.

    Game's over, folks!

  9. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    "Mark Kent" wrote in message
    > Doug Mentohl espoused:
    >> "Firefox's visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points in
    >> order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>
    >> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...1-2-3-117.html

    > Even in Microsoft's home territory, they're losing.
    >
    > Game's over, folks!

    The game was over a long time ago. In case you live under a rock and haven't
    noticed... Microsoft won the game.

    > --
    > | Mark Kent -- mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk |
    > | Cola faq: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/ |
    > | Cola trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/ |
    > | My (new) blog: http://www.thereisnomagic.org |

  10. Re: Firefox at 28% usage ..

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:20:40 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    >> "Firefox’s visit share .. over a one year vision, it gains 5 points
    >> in order to reach 28% in December 2007"
    >>
    >> http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-us/bro...meter/firefox-

    > december-2007/index-1-2-3-117.html
    >
    > ... and how long will it be before Web developers start writing to
    > standards, and not IE?

    Things are much improved today, thanks to the popularity of standards
    based browsers like Firefox. In fact I find it difficult to find many
    sites that /don't/ work with Firefox. That's quite a change over a
    relatively short time-frame. IE may still have the lions share, thanks
    to bundling, but the Vole has lost the PR battle; is losing mindshare
    rapidly; and will ultimately lose the market that goes with it.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:10:34 up 71 days, 1:46, 5 users, load average: 0.11, 0.03, 0.02

+ Reply to Thread