victim of malware .. - Linux

This is a discussion on victim of malware .. - Linux ; "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus software" "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was ...

  1. victim of malware ..

    "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he
    saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus software"

    "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was to
    pay $29.95 for 6 months of malware protection, $49.95 for 1 year of
    malware protection, or $79.95 for a lifetime of malware protection"

  2. Re: victim of malware ..

    Doug Mentohl writes:

    > "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he
    > saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus
    > software"
    >
    > "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was to
    > pay $29.95 for 6 months of malware protection, $49.95 for 1 year of
    > malware protection, or $79.95 for a lifetime of malware protection"
    >
    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=206503983

    Did you read the article? Sensationalist drivel.

    "because Tim and she are dealing with identity theft, in addition to
    cancer."

    "Tim, she explained, saw a TV ad for an online bingo site,
    bigtimebingo.net,"

    "But when you see it advertised on TV, you figure it's safe."

    Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that you should utilise the
    experiences of a sick man to boost your claims.

  3. Re: victim of malware ..

    on 24/02/08 15:31 Hadron wrote:

    > Did you read the article? Sensationalist drivel.

    Are you suggesting that the reporter made it up. What evidence do you
    have to the contrary?

    > Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that you should utilise the

    experiences of a sick man to boost your claims.

    But you just said it was 'sensationalist drivel, like is he or isn't he
    a 'sick man' and what claims of mine are you referring to? Is it not
    true that SpyWareNo operated a series of rogue websites, that installed
    malware on peoples computers and then demanded payment to remove it?

    --

    good afternoon, my name is Hadron and I'll be your Usenet stalker for
    the afternoon ..

  4. Re: victim of malware ..

    Doug Mentohl writes:

    > on 24/02/08 15:31 Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Did you read the article? Sensationalist drivel.

    > Are you suggesting that the reporter made it up. What evidence do you
    > have to the contrary?

    Sensationalist drivel does not make it untrue. It makes it
    sensationalist. I also suspect it's made up. But that's regardless.

    >> Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that you should utilise the

    > experiences of a sick man to boost your claims.
    >
    > But you just said it was 'sensationalist drivel, like is he or isn't
    > he a 'sick man' and what claims of mine are you referring to? Is it
    > not true that SpyWareNo operated a series of rogue websites, that
    > installed malware on peoples computers and then demanded payment to
    > remove it?

    Possibly, but the whole "man with cancer" thing is simple OTT.

  5. Hadron does a funkenshuffle ..

    on 24/02/08 15:41 Hadron wrote:

    > Sensationalist drivel does not make it untrue. It makes it sensationalist.

    Your opinion on what is or is not sensationalist is irrelevant ..

    > I also suspect it's made up. But that's regardless.

    What you suspect is irrelevant ..

    >> Is it not true that SpyWareNo operated a series of rogue websites, that installed malware on peoples computers and then demanded payment to remove it?

    > Possibly, but the whole "man with cancer" thing is simple OTT.

    possibly don't count ...

  6. Re: victim of malware ..

    * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he
    > saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus software"
    >
    > "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was to
    > pay $29.95 for 6 months of malware protection, $49.95 for 1 year of
    > malware protection, or $79.95 for a lifetime of malware protection"

    That last one would not be a good bargain .

    --
    The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  7. Re: victim of malware ..

    Linonut writes:

    > * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he
    >> saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus software"
    >>
    >> "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was to
    >> pay $29.95 for 6 months of malware protection, $49.95 for 1 year of
    >> malware protection, or $79.95 for a lifetime of malware protection"

    > That last one would not be a good bargain .

    Now, that IS funny. In a sick way.

  8. Re: Hadron does a funkenshuffle ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Sensationalist drivel does not make it untrue. It makes it
    >> sensationalist.

    > Your opinion on what is or is not sensationalist is irrelevant
    > ..
    >
    >> I also suspect it's made up. But that's regardless.

    > What you suspect is irrelevant ..
    >
    >>> Is it not true that SpyWareNo operated a series of rogue
    >>> websites, that installed malware on peoples computers and
    >>> then demanded payment to remove it?

    >> Possibly, but the whole "man with cancer" thing is simple
    >> OTT.

    > possibly don't count ...

    Doug, if I were you, I'd kill file this ill expressive troll. He
    is not worth responding to. Only one hour has gone by since you
    posted and he has already "hijacked" the thread.

    --
    HPT

  9. Re: Hadron does a funkenshuffle ..

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sensationalist drivel does not make it untrue. It makes it
    >>> sensationalist.

    >> Your opinion on what is or is not sensationalist is irrelevant
    >> ..
    >>
    >>> I also suspect it's made up. But that's regardless.

    >> What you suspect is irrelevant ..

    >>> Possibly, but the whole "man with cancer" thing is simple
    >>> OTT.

    >> possibly don't count ...

    > Doug, if I were you, I'd kill file this ill expressive troll. He is
    > not worth responding to. Only one hour has gone by since you posted
    > and he has already "hijacked" the thread.

    Since when is giving an opinion "hijacking"? You're a wannabe who is only
    able to post other peoples views.

  10. Re: victim of malware ..

    Hadron wrote:
    > Doug Mentohl writes:
    >
    >> "Tim, who suffers from spinal and liver cancer, visited a Web site he
    >> saw on TV and lost control of his computer to rogue antivirus
    >> software"
    >>
    >> "Tim isn't an expert. His only option, as far as he could tell, was
    >> to pay $29.95 for 6 months of malware protection, $49.95 for 1 year
    >> of malware protection, or $79.95 for a lifetime of malware
    >> protection"
    >>
    >> http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=206503983

    These Linux lusers needed an expert after they were rooted:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...installed.html

    > Did you read the article? Sensationalist drivel.
    >
    > "because Tim and she are dealing with identity theft, in addition to
    > cancer."
    >
    > "Tim, she explained, saw a TV ad for an online bingo site,
    > bigtimebingo.net,"
    >
    > "But when you see it advertised on TV, you figure it's safe."
    >
    > Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that you should utilise the
    > experiences of a sick man to boost your claims.

    disgraceful == SOP for cola Linux idiots

  11. Re: victim of malware ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > on 24/02/08 15:31 Hadron wrote:

    >> Did you read the article? Sensationalist drivel.

    > Are you suggesting that the reporter made it up.

    No, he's suggesting that sick people are not allowed to be infected by
    Malware, because it generates a sympathetic response to the plight of
    Malware victims from those usually too apathetic to care, thus further
    disseminating the truth about Windows' gross insecurity, and undermining
    his position as Windows Evangelist.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:48:18 up 71 days, 1:24, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.06

+ Reply to Thread