[News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action) - Linux ; Vista SP1: The hits just keep coming ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft officials have maintained that the company had no plans to push SP1 | via Windows Update until Microsoft was able to resolve driver compatibility | problems discovered during ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    Vista SP1: The hits just keep coming

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft officials have maintained that the company had no plans to push SP1
    | via Windows Update until Microsoft was able to resolve driver compatibility
    | problems discovered during the SP1 beta-testing process.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1212

    Microsoft 64-bit Vista SP1 early release snafu

    ,----[ Quoet ]
    | Users of the 64-bit version of Vista may have noticed something strange over
    | the last couple of days – a notification that Vista SP1 has downloaded to
    | their computers and is ready for installation, despite availability still set
    | for March 18. Has Microsoft gone mad?
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16809/1105/

    With Windows chief developers (and marketing chief) leaving, this lack of
    coordination seems expected.

    Vista Capable suit gets class-action status

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Breaking news: A federal judge in Seattle this afternoon granted class-action
    | status to a lawsuit alleging that Microsoft deceived consumers prior to
    | Windows Vista's launch by touting PCs as "Windows Vista Capable" even if they
    | could only run Windows Vista Home Basic. The suit alleges that Vista Home
    | Basic isn't a real version of the operating system, because it lacks the
    | operating system's signature features.
    `----

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Related:

    Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
    | moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
    |
    | It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
    | worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
    | less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
    | Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
    | many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
    | and incompatible with existing software and drivers.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1158

    Lack of Internal Talks at Microsoft, Google

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Maybe my "Microsoft's Entertainment Domination" theory was a bit
    | premature. Apparently, the Zune MP3 player isn't flying off shelves
    | * * * * * * * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | and now it turns out that the Zune is incompatible with Microsoft'
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | latest Windows Vista operating system. Amazing how a disconnect like
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | this can occur within an organization. Software start-ups are taking
    | advantage of the lowered development costs and the speedy development
    | time -- and forcing large software organizations to speed up their
    | own development cycles, but in the process, the large organizations
    | are fumbling to communicate effectively amongst their departments.
    `----

    http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/15...rosoft-google/

    Error Message Of The Day: "Zune Failed"

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is what you get if you plug the Zune 2 directly into a Vista PC.
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/1...message-o.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    > http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16809/1105/

    "Interesting times" for Microsoft.

    --
    At Microsoft there are lots of brilliant ideas but the image is that they
    all come from the top - I'm afraid that's not quite right.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    ____/ Linonut on Sunday 24 February 2008 16:15 : \____

    >> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16809/1105/

    > "Interesting times" for Microsoft.

    Earlier I was thinking how likely it is that Ballmer would step down or be
    pressured (to be replaced). He completely lost focus of the core business
    because of his ego and paranoia (Zune-iPod is an excellent example), so there
    are very big losses, no matter how much bacon Office brings home.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Linonut on Sunday 24 February 2008 16:15 : \____
    >
    >> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16809/1105/

    >> "Interesting times" for Microsoft.

    > Earlier I was thinking how likely it is that Ballmer would step down or be
    > pressured (to be replaced). He completely lost focus of the core business
    > because of his ego and paranoia (Zune-iPod is an excellent example), so there
    > are very big losses, no matter how much bacon Office brings home.

    Microsoft need someone who can compete, not someone who wants to
    "f*cking kill " and/or throw chairs at those
    bringing him a message he doesn't want to hear.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    Mark Kent writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Linonut on Sunday 24 February 2008 16:15 : \____
    >>
    >>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> "Interesting times" for Microsoft.

    >> Earlier I was thinking how likely it is that Ballmer would step down or be
    >> pressured (to be replaced). He completely lost focus of the core business
    >> because of his ego and paranoia (Zune-iPod is an excellent example), so there
    >> are very big losses, no matter how much bacon Office brings home.
    >>

    > Microsoft need someone who can compete, not someone who wants to
    > "f*cking kill " and/or throw chairs at those
    > bringing him a message he doesn't want to hear.

    Mark Kent is now advising MS on who to employ!

    Does hie ego know no bounds?

    Sheesh. What a self opinionated windbag he is.

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:38:58 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Mark Kent is now advising MS on who to employ!
    >
    > Does hie ego know no bounds?
    >
    > Sheesh. What a self opinionated windbag he is.

    Mark Kent is a total gas bag.
    I suspect he has a very low level job and that following Roy Schestowitz
    around makes him feel important.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: