PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS? - Linux

This is a discussion on PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS? - Linux ; cc wrote: > PCLinuxOS Mint's pretty close to PCLOS when it comes to eye candy and overall look and feel....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    cc wrote:

    > PCLinuxOS

    Mint's pretty close to PCLOS when it comes to eye candy and overall look and
    feel.

  2. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I am interested why he thinks it gives PCLOS an advantage.

    > He didn't say it did.
    >
    > Now comes the part where you say he "implied it" or whatever.

    If one harps on about a CERTAIN OS and says that OS is his choice then
    yes, he does indeed imply just that.

    --
    Love is sentimental measles.

  3. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> In another thread, I'll bet the idiot didn't even realise he'd admitted
    >> to trolling.

    > Oh, yeah. The bit about "are you trolling me back here?" LOL

    LOL Indeed. Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it. One has to
    when dealing with loonies like Willy Boaster and his amazing killfiles.

    --
    Name no one man.
    -- palĂ*ndromo

  4. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Hadron wrote:

    > How is it any different from Ubuntu feisty after installing multimedia
    > codecs and beryl?

    It comes with the codecs already installed. That doesn't make it any
    different, but it's more convenient for the new user.

  5. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Hadron wrote:

    > If one harps on about a CERTAIN OS and says that OS is his choice then
    > yes, he does indeed imply just that.

    Horse ****.

  6. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Of course I troll sometimes.

    COLA understatement of the year.

  7. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    It was on, or about, Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:30:40 -0400, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Of course I troll sometimes.

    > COLA understatement of the year.

    So as he's admitted to being a troll, you can't take anything he says as
    being truthful.

    --
    Quack admits to trolling: "Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied
    it." Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30:46

  8. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    On Sep 18, 9:27 am, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    > > PCLinuxOS

    > Mint's pretty close to PCLOS when it comes to eye candy and overall look and
    > feel.

    Fantastic. He or she didn't ask for a dissertation about which one is
    better under which circumstances. Just pick one and the most
    recommendations would probably be chosen if they were serious about
    it.

  9. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> If one harps on about a CERTAIN OS and says that OS is his choice then
    >> yes, he does indeed imply just that.

    > Horse ****.

    We were not discussing your lunch. You really don't agree with my
    statement above? Then you are either one eyed or irrational.

    If someone says

    "I love Italy because it has nice sea and is warm"

    then they are using those things as deciding factors.

    If they say

    "I love Greece because of Retsina wine and it has nice sea and is warm"

    then the Retsina wine is a deciding factor. However, Greece also has
    nice sea and warm weather.

    It really is easy.

    --
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
    -- Aleister Crowley

  10. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    Hadron wrote:

    > We were not discussing your lunch. You really don't agree with my
    > statement above? Then you are either one eyed or irrational.

    Or you're just a troll. Oh, that's right, you admitted to that.

  11. Re: PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, FreeSpire or MEPIS?

    It was on, or about, Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:32:16 -0400, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> We were not discussing your lunch. You really don't agree with my
    >> statement above? Then you are either one eyed or irrational.

    > Or you're just a troll. Oh, that's right, you admitted to that.

    Yup. Message-ID:
    Or see sig.

    A confessed troll, so you can't believe anything he says. And he said
    this:
    "Anything said in COLA is a crock of ****."
    Hadron Quark, Tuesday 03 Jul 2007 - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    So you're quite safe ignoring that what he says is true.

    --
    Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30:46