"Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife - Linux

This is a discussion on "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife - Linux ; * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo: > Unix users don't point & click. They automate. Good sig material! How 'bout this: UNIX -- Script n' drool! -- The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    --
    The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should
    see through it.

  2. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:05:34 -0500
    >:
    >> * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad

    >>> One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    >> For slrn:
    >>
    >> Score: =-9999
    >> ~From: The Ghost In The Machine
    >>
    >> Besides teranews, other notable bozo locations:
    >>
    >> bananasplit.org
    >> motzarella.org
    >> dizum.com
    >>

    > The problem I have with that score is that anyone
    > impersonating me also gets through. Not sure how to fix
    > it in a nice way, either, unless I can get off teranews.
    >
    > Admittedly, Teranews is cheap and meets my admittedly rather
    > limited needs -- when it doesn't decide for some reason to
    > hold all my posts. :-/

    I have teranews marked down and you marked up. Seems to work okay...

  3. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:05:34 -0500
    >>:
    >>> * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> For slrn:
    >>>
    >>> Score: =-9999
    >>> ~From: The Ghost In The Machine
    >>>
    >>> Besides teranews, other notable bozo locations:
    >>>
    >>> bananasplit.org
    >>> motzarella.org
    >>> dizum.com
    >>>

    >> The problem I have with that score is that anyone
    >> impersonating me also gets through. Not sure how to fix
    >> it in a nice way, either, unless I can get off teranews.
    >>
    >> Admittedly, Teranews is cheap and meets my admittedly rather
    >> limited needs -- when it doesn't decide for some reason to
    >> hold all my posts. :-/
    >>

    > I have teranews marked down and you marked up. Seems to work okay...

    More bozo locations which Supernews blocks are:

    postmaster@nym.alias.net
    news-abuse@zig-zag.net

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,

  4. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    William Poaster espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    >>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
    >>>
    >>> wrote
    >>> on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:05:34 -0500
    >>>:

    >>> The problem I have with that score is that anyone
    >>> impersonating me also gets through. Not sure how to fix
    >>> it in a nice way, either, unless I can get off teranews.
    >>>
    >>> Admittedly, Teranews is cheap and meets my admittedly rather
    >>> limited needs -- when it doesn't decide for some reason to
    >>> hold all my posts. :-/
    >>>

    >> I have teranews marked down and you marked up. Seems to work okay...

    > More bozo locations which Supernews blocks are:
    >
    > postmaster@nym.alias.net
    > news-abuse@zig-zag.net

    Perhaps we should have a sort of killfile-faq?

  5. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Ghost In The Machine espoused:

    >>> I have teranews marked down and you marked up. Seems to work okay...

    >> More bozo locations which Supernews blocks are:
    >>
    >> postmaster@nym.alias.net
    >> news-abuse@zig-zag.net
    >>

    > Perhaps we should have a sort of killfile-faq?

    Indeed, it may be a good idea.
    (Now watch the trolls squeal, any bets on who'll be first? )

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  6. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" trolls posting off-topic murderous rants

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> The Ghost In The Machine espoused:

    I've been using motzarella.org. That may explain why I have
    received fewer replies. I might drop using them when posting to
    COLA. (OTOH, I could continue posting the official COLA FAQ
    using motzarella, since the trolls see it - they need it the most
    ;-)

    Teranews so far has been a troll haven. I think it is run by a
    troll.

    Probably because you are not a troll. :-)

    Other free/low cost usenet ISPs are cnntp.org and albasani.net.
    One must apply for a log-in. If the abuse desk receives a
    substantial LART, can bar the individual from further posting.
    If I were Ghost, it might be worth checking out.

    >> More bozo locations which Supernews blocks are:
    >>
    >> postmaster@nym.alias.net news-abuse@zig-zag.net

    > Perhaps we should have a sort of killfile-faq?

    There is an interesting anti-troll read at:

    http://www.multinombres.com.ar/alttroll.html

    Humorous but gets the point across (especially about HIT, RUN AND
    WATCH TROLL).

    Back to subject, one such kill file FAQ is at:

    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm

    It may be sufficient or might be a starting point as a framework
    for developing one, that can be posted at say, Robert Parson's
    COLA Trolls blog.

    YMMV.

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" troll posting off-topic murderous rants

    William Poaster wrote:
    > AZ Nomad wrote:
    >
    >> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    > You'll have Quack whining! In fact quite a few people in other
    > groups kf teranews because of the spam, which they do little
    > about (like google) & trolls. IMO kf'ing teranews & anonymous
    > remailers severely limits the trolls options...however
    > Supernews do it for me.

    Doing a permanent bin of Hadron has done wonders to cleaning up
    my viewing experience. From the troll feed bleed throughs, I
    have already seen a portion of his whines. They are rather
    amusing (like the screams of a little girl); especially amusing
    are the advocate replies in response. He is a real luser. I
    sense his days are numbered. (Fewer quotas for Redmond.)

    --
    HPT
    Anti-Troll Glossary: Bozo Bin - Where no one can hear you scream!

  8. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:43:21 -0800, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >
    > wrote
    >on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:31:28 -0000
    >:

    >>>Hrm... the trolls are out in full force it would seem...

    >>>well.... full force for them is like torturing someone by whipping them
    >>>with a wet noodle....

    >>>ah well. the kill file has a lot of room

    >>>*plonk*

    >> same troll.
    >>
    >> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    >One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    oh ****. Fortunately, LN posted a followup I saw.

  9. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:05:34 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >* The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad

    >>> same troll.
    >>>
    >>> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    >> One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    >For slrn:

    > Score: =-9999
    > ~From: The Ghost In The Machine

    >Besides teranews, other notable bozo locations:

    > bananasplit.org
    > motzarella.org
    > dizum.com

    Ah, that's better. Thanks.

  10. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" troll posting off-topic murderous rants

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> AZ Nomad wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    >> You'll have Quack whining! In fact quite a few people in other
    >> groups kf teranews because of the spam, which they do little
    >> about (like google) & trolls. IMO kf'ing teranews & anonymous
    >> remailers severely limits the trolls options...however
    >> Supernews do it for me.

    > Doing a permanent bin of Hadron has done wonders to cleaning up my
    > viewing experience.

    No one cares about your and Willy's killfiles. Why do you feel the need
    to explain such boring, trivial garbage to people. Seriously, are you
    mentally retarded?

  11. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" troll posting off-topic murderous rants

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:

    >> Doing a permanent bin of Hadron has done wonders to cleaning up my
    >> viewing experience.

    As Hadron says, nobody cares about your "viewing" experience - we're
    interested in your posts (or might be if you weren't so exceedingly lame).

    > No one cares about your and Willy's killfiles. Why do you feel the
    > need to explain such boring, trivial garbage to people. Seriously,
    > are you mentally retarded?

    That would be a step up. Retarded people can be interesting; HPT is a lump
    of dull clay (like Dumb Willie and chrisv) who drones on for years about
    FAQs and trolls and killfiles, and almost nothing else.

  12. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    Linonut writes:

    > * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Unix users don't point & click. They automate.

    > Good sig material! How 'bout this:
    >
    > UNIX -- Script n' drool!

    *blink*

    What about it? Is it supposed to be funny?

  13. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    On 2008-02-22, The Ghost In The Machine claimed:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >
    > wrote

    >> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    > One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    I KFed teranews, too. But I promoted you back out of it.

    The rest of it can KMA, unless/until I see another individual that I
    thing warrants promotion.

    --
    CAUTION! Do Not Look Into Laser With Remaining Eye.

  14. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    Sinister Midget writes:

    > On 2008-02-22, The Ghost In The Machine claimed:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >>
    >> wrote

    >>> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    >> One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    > I KFed teranews, too. But I promoted you back out of it.

    Ghost is probably in raptures over that!

    > The rest of it can KMA, unless/until I see another individual that I
    > thing warrants promotion.

    LOL, what an arse.

  15. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:12:38 -0500, Clyde Wrinkle wrote:

    > "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife
    >
    > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../BALHV6GDV.DTL
    >

    > Friday, February 22, 2008
    >
    > (02-21) 13:54 PST OAKLAND -- The prosecutor in Hans Reiser's murder trial
    > suggested Thursday that the defendant's well-chronicled social ineptitude
    > was caused not by mild autism, as defense lawyers have theorized, but
    > because he has a narcissistic personality disorder characterized by
    > arrogance.

    They also found Hans Reiser hiding in his mother's basement!!

    Talk about fulfilling the typical Linux Loony stereotype!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  16. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:14:05 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > "Clyde Wrinkle" writes:
    >
    >> "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife
    >>
    >> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../BALHV6GDV.DTL
    >>

    >> Friday, February 22, 2008
    >>
    >> (02-21) 13:54 PST OAKLAND -- The prosecutor in Hans Reiser's murder trial
    >> suggested Thursday that the defendant's well-chronicled social ineptitude
    >> was caused not by mild autism, as defense lawyers have theorized, but
    >> because he has a narcissistic personality disorder characterized by
    >> arrogance.
    >>

    > I bet if Roy had a girl/boyfriend they would be secretly packing their
    > bags about now.

    Isn't Roy Schestowitz married to Mark Kent?

    http://groups.google.com.tj/group/al...7f263d1cf92b7f

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...a0e754aa7fcc80
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > I KFed teranews, too. But I promoted you back out of it.
    >
    > --
    > CAUTION! Do Not Look Into Laser With Remaining Eye.

    Arrrrgh! I can't seeeee!

    --
    I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that
    grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.

  18. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" troll posting off-topic murderous rants

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> AZ Nomad wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've had enough and now KF all of teranews.com.

    >> You'll have Quack whining! In fact quite a few people in other
    >> groups kf teranews because of the spam, which they do little
    >> about (like google) & trolls. IMO kf'ing teranews & anonymous
    >> remailers severely limits the trolls options...however
    >> Supernews do it for me.

    > Doing a permanent bin of Hadron has done wonders to cleaning up
    > my viewing experience. From the troll feed bleed throughs, I
    > have already seen a portion of his whines. They are rather
    > amusing (like the screams of a little girl); especially amusing
    > are the advocate replies in response. He is a real luser. I
    > sense his days are numbered. (Fewer quotas for Redmond.)

    I think that even our trolls can see the writing on the wall, now. The
    spin is descending to "next time, Microsoft will do it..." which seems
    to be all they have at present.

    Time to brush-up those CVs.

    I wonder what they'll tell their young neices and nephews in their
    dotage?

    "Well, Son, I used to tell lies for a large US abusive monopolist"
    "Hey, Great Uncle, that's fantastic. Were they /really big/ lies?"
    "Oh yes, Son, they were the biggest lies that we could all think of,
    all rolled together."
    "That's brilliant, Uncle. When I grow up, I want to be a liar, just
    like you!"

  19. Re: "Arrogant Narcissistic" linux nut murders his wife

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:02:23 +0100
    :
    > Sinister Midget writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-02-22, The Ghost In The Machine claimed:
    >>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >>>
    >>> wrote

    >>> One hopes he's aware that I am from there. :-P But oh well.

    >> I KFed teranews, too. But I promoted you back out of it.

    > Ghost is probably in raptures over that!

    I'm an atheist. :-P

    >> The rest of it can KMA, unless/until I see another individual that I
    >> thing warrants promotion.

    > LOL, what an arse.

    I'm not a fan of killfiles, though I can't say "don't
    use them"; I lack the authority. I consider them the
    equivalent of putting blinders on while traversing a
    pothole-pockmarked street.

    But that's only a personal opinion, and I seem to have
    a far higher tolerance of idiocy than most for some reason.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2