[Troll] Evangelism is War - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

  1. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,

  2. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    William Poaster wrote:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> Seems to have accelerated after his "demo" with Debian
    >>> Lenny "Testing"...

    Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    mission critical application. It is rather humorous that one
    would have problems. Perhaps he misses Windows 9x days and wants
    to simulate the experience? :-)

    >>> Or maybe his boss at Redmond told him to shill more
    >>> aggressively. ;-)

    >> I presume the pressure is on for these guys. It's quite
    >> possible that some of their remuneration is linked to sales
    >> of Vista and Xbox, in which case, no wonder they're so
    >> unhappy. I've not seen either Timmy or Quark this unhappy
    >> in ages.

    Give them a little more time. They will go the way of Larry
    Qualig or decline to embittered Funkenbusch status. Hopefully
    they are old enough to retire whilst their stock holds interest.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> William Poaster espoused:

    > Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    > where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    > mission critical application.

    LOL. Poor HPT.

  4. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> William Poaster espoused:

    > Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    > where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    > mission critical application. It is rather humorous that one
    > would have problems. Perhaps he misses Windows 9x days and wants
    > to simulate the experience? :-)

    >>> I presume the pressure is on for these guys. It's quite
    >>> possible that some of their remuneration is linked to sales
    >>> of Vista and Xbox, in which case, no wonder they're so
    >>> unhappy. I've not seen either Timmy or Quark this unhappy
    >>> in ages.

    > Give them a little more time. They will go the way of Larry
    > Qualig or decline to embittered Funkenbusch status. Hopefully
    > they are old enough to retire whilst their stock holds interest.

    What happened to Qualig?

  5. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Nothing says "loser" like "nymshifter".
    --chrisv on C.O.L.A

  6. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> What happened to Qualig?

    >> Heaven knows. His story about installing a Linux distro on his boss's
    >> machine *without* testing & trying it out first, was priceless.

    I think you mean TAB, don't you?

    >> Quack's story about using Debian Lenny (a beta version currently in
    >> "Testing") & Impress (which he hadn't used before) at the last minute
    >> in a hotel room to make a demo for the next day, reminded me very much
    >> of "Message-ID" Qualig.
    >>

    > Msg-ID Larry was just totally clueless, and obnoxious too when told how
    > utterly wrong he was. After all, windummies can't stand being wrong.
    >
    > Hadron Josip Stalin Quark though simply lied. His whole story about
    > Impress hanging, the splashscreen using 100% CPU and all the other woes
    > he has with OO are completely made up. There is *nothing* true about
    > anything he writes about OO. Well, OO is dangerous to MS Office, so he
    > has to FUD about it as much as possible

    That is not hard to figure. He makes up stuff on people because he cannot
    refute their logic. Rather than be silent and observant, he opens his
    mouth to change feet.

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >> Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    >> where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    >> mission critical application. It is rather humorous that one
    >> would have problems. Perhaps he misses Windows 9x days and wants
    >> to simulate the experience? :-)

    >> Give them a little more time. They will go the way of Larry
    >> Qualig or decline to embittered Funkenbusch status. Hopefully
    >> they are old enough to retire whilst their stock holds interest.
    >>

    > What happened to Qualig?

    Heaven knows.
    His story about installing a Linux distro on his boss's machine *without*
    testing & trying it out first, was priceless.
    Quack's story about using Debian Lenny (a beta version currently in "Testing")
    & Impress (which he hadn't used before) at the last minute in a hotel room to
    make a demo for teh next day, reminded me very much of "Message-ID" Qualig.

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  8. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    >>> where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    >>> mission critical application. It is rather humorous that one
    >>> would have problems. Perhaps he misses Windows 9x days and wants
    >>> to simulate the experience? :-)

    >>> Give them a little more time. They will go the way of Larry
    >>> Qualig or decline to embittered Funkenbusch status. Hopefully
    >>> they are old enough to retire whilst their stock holds interest.
    >>>

    >> What happened to Qualig?

    > Heaven knows.
    > His story about installing a Linux distro on his boss's machine *without*
    > testing & trying it out first, was priceless.
    > Quack's story about using Debian Lenny (a beta version currently in
    > "Testing")
    > & Impress (which he hadn't used before) at the last minute in a hotel room
    > to make a demo for teh next day, reminded me very much of "Message-ID"
    > Qualig.

    Msg-ID Larry was just totally clueless, and obnoxious too when told how
    utterly wrong he was. After all, windummies can't stand being wrong.

    Hadron Josip Stalin Quark though simply lied. His whole story about Impress
    hanging, the splashscreen using 100% CPU and all the other woes he has with
    OO are completely made up. There is *nothing* true about anything he writes
    about OO.
    Well, OO is dangerous to MS Office, so he has to FUD about it as much as
    possible
    --
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

  9. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper expressed:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >> Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    >> where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    >> mission critical application.

    The *released* versions are, yes. And that is why Debian is used as a server
    distro.

    >> It is rather humorous that one would have problems.

    What was amusing was his rant about people (ie: "The COLA gang) not knowing
    what "stable" meant.
    He's using a beta version "Lenny" which is still in "Testing" & not released
    into "Stable" as a finished distro. WTF did he expect.

    From Debian's site:-
    The stable distribution contains the latest officially released distribution of
    Debian. This is the production** release of Debian, the one which we primarily
    recommend using.

    **Note the "production" part of their statement.

    >> Perhaps he misses Windows 9x days and wants to simulate the experience? :-)

    Wouldn't he get that with "Me Two"...er....Vista?

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  10. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    * Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> LOL. Poor HPT.

    Incisive!

    > Did he say something you disagree with?

    Maybe I should add References to motzarella to the slrn-score.

    --
    Nature that framed us of four elements, warring within our breasts for
    regiment, doth teach us all to have aspiring minds.

  11. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Jim Richardson writes:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:14:36 +0100,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> Debian is known for its extreme stability, good for deployment to
    >>> where one wants maximal productivity with minimal disruptions, or
    >>> mission critical application.

    >> LOL. Poor HPT.

    > Did he say something you disagree with?

    Yes. He is quite clearly not understanding "stable" once more.

  12. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Linonut writes:

    > * Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> LOL. Poor HPT.

    > Incisive!
    >
    >> Did he say something you disagree with?

    > Maybe I should add References to motzarella to the slrn-score.

    Maybe you should? A hypocrite like you should stay locked up with other
    loonies - it can't be good to share views with dissenters eh?

  13. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Heaven knows. His story about installing a Linux distro on his boss's
    >>> machine *without* testing & trying it out first, was priceless.

    > I think you mean TAB, don't you?
    >
    >>> Quack's story about using Debian Lenny (a beta version currently in
    >>> "Testing") & Impress (which he hadn't used before) at the last minute
    >>> in a hotel room to make a demo for the next day, reminded me very much
    >>> of "Message-ID" Qualig.
    >>>

    >> Msg-ID Larry was just totally clueless, and obnoxious too when told how
    >> utterly wrong he was. After all, windummies can't stand being wrong.
    >>
    >> Hadron Josip Stalin Quark though simply lied. His whole story about
    >> Impress hanging, the splashscreen using 100% CPU and all the other woes
    >> he has with OO are completely made up. There is *nothing* true about
    >> anything he writes about OO. Well, OO is dangerous to MS Office, so he
    >> has to FUD about it as much as possible

    > That is not hard to figure. He makes up stuff on people because he cannot
    > refute their logic. Rather than be silent and observant, he opens his
    > mouth to change feet.

    Examples of me "making things up" please rafael, you self confessed nym
    shifter and overall oxygen thief.

  14. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Never volunteer... they'll send you to earth

  15. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Heaven knows. His story about installing a Linux distro on his boss's
    >>> machine *without* testing & trying it out first, was priceless.

    > I think you mean TAB, don't you?

    Yes, sorry, my bad. :-)

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  16. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Jim Richardson wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Jim Richardson writes:

    >>> Did he say something you disagree with?

    >> Yes. He is quite clearly not understanding "stable" once
    >> more.

    > No, he's got it exactly right. Stable, as in not changing
    > unless absolutely neccessary.

    The only stable Hadron knows is one where horses are kept. Only
    a horse's behind would ignore OEM recommendations and use an
    unstable version for production work.

    --
    HPT

  17. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Jim Richardson wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Yes. He is quite clearly not understanding "stable" once
    >>> more.

    >> No, he's got it exactly right. Stable, as in not changing
    >> unless absolutely neccessary.

    > The only stable Hadron knows is one where horses are kept. Only
    > a horse's behind would ignore OEM recommendations and use an
    > unstable version for production work.

    Quite.
    As I said in another post:-
    *The stable distribution contains the latest officially released distribution of
    Debian. This is the production** release of Debian, the one which we primarily
    recommend using.
    **Note the "production" part of their statement.
    Source: http://www.debian.org/releases/

    Further:-

    Debian is rock solid. It really just works. Its core applications are very
    stable making the distribution most recommended for servers. Servers require an
    OS of predictable stability, otherwise downtime is difficult to avoid.

    http://www.bgevolution.com/blog/inde...buntu-updates/

    Debian is a solid Linux distribution tended with much care and dedication by a
    global network of developers. Because of its relatively slow development cycle,
    it isn't the most cutting-edge in terms of the software available in the Linux
    world, but it is studiously maintained in terms of patches and security fixes.
    Consequently, Debian is a rock-solid and stable platform on which to run many
    infrastructure mainstays, such as DNS, file/print services, and Web servers.
    Its suitability for these purposes is limited only by the amount of in-house
    Unix/Linux expertise available in a given organization.

    http://www.serverwatch.com/sreviews/article.php/3334021

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008.1,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  18. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:16:34 +0100,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Jim Richardson writes:

    >>> Did he say something you disagree with?

    >> Yes. He is quite clearly not understanding "stable" once more.

    > No, he's got it exactly right. Stable, as in not changing unless
    > absolutely neccessary.

    HPT knows _nothing_ about Debian though he does know how to shove his
    nose fully up Boaster's arse. Pat him on the back Jim.

  19. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:13:46 +0100, Hadron
    wrote:

    > Debian Edge is not "stable" as in "just works".

    In my experience it is quite reliable. And it's "Etch".

    > It is full of known bugs.

    Certainly. So is every other collection of thousands of programs.
    Would you prefer that the bugs be unknown and constantly changing?

    --
    -| Bob Hauck
    -| http://www.haucks.org/

  20. Re: amicus_fuddie defines honesty .. :)

    Hugh Quinn wrote:
    > Jim Richardson wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Yes. He is quite clearly not understanding "stable" once more.

    >> No, he's got it exactly right. Stable, as in not changing unless
    >> absolutely neccessary.

    > HPT knows _nothing_ about Debian though he does know how to shove his
    > nose fully up Boaster's arse. Pat him on the back Jim.

    Lemme guess .... nymshift using Linux and Thunderbird. Uses Hadron
    Quark's initials, but posts from US Central Time Zone. Dumb as a
    stump, it is not hard figuring out who your sorry quiche loving buns are.

    --
    HPT