[News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard - Linux ; Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2 ,----[ Quote ] | By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce’s customisability | even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X ...

  1. [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard

    Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce’s customisability
    | even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard”.
    `----

    http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/200...fce-44-part-2/

    New version of Enlightenment is out:

    [Enlightenment-announce] e16-0.16.8.12

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | e16 version 0.16.8.12 is now available for download:
    | http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2
    `----

    http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...ewmonth=200802
    http://tinyurl.com/2lw97k

    Recent:

    eeeXubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This morning I installed eeeXubuntu on the solid state disk of the little
    | Eee. It's pretty cool. The default Xandros in advanced mode was okay, but it *
    | was also a bit limiting. Honestly, I've not had the greatest experiences with
    | Xandros, and was a little nervous about enabling repositories that weren't
    | necessarily for Xandros... or at least the watered-down version of Xandros
    | the Eee runs. * *
    `----

    http://www.linuxlibrarian.org/?p=255

  2. Re: [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard

    > Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce?s customisability
    >| even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X 10.5 ?Leopard?.
    > `----
    >
    > http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/200...fce-44-part-2/

    http://code.google.com/p/avant-window-navigator/
    https://launchpad.net/awn

    Avante Window Navigator (from Google)

    --
    Before all else, be armed.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  3. Re: [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce's
    > customisability
    > | even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X 10.5
    > "Leopard".
    > `----
    >
    > http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/200...fce-44-part-2/

    Sounds like the same people who take a Yugo and customize it to look like a
    BMW. It's no surprise that a retard like you would think that as long as it
    "looks" the same then it must be the same.

    Here's a couple pics of that "BMW" this person drives.

    http://www.jimmy540i.com/moron93.jpg
    http://www.jimmy540i.com/nightmare36.jpg

    After all, the only difference between a Ford Taurus and a BMW are
    cosmetics. Just like the only difference between a Mac and some xfce fake
    are the icons.

  4. Re: [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard

    ____/ Clyde Wrinkle on Monday 18 February 2008 15:42 : \____

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce's
    >> customisability
    >> | even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X 10.5
    >> "Leopard".
    >> `----

    http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/200...fce-44-part-2/

    > Sounds like the same people who take a Yugo and customize it to look like a
    > BMW. It's no surprise that a retard like you would think that as long as it
    > "looks" the same then it must be the same.

    Xfce will in this case have a Linux kernel. Are you saying that OS X's kernel
    is better?

    Xubuntu is not very resource hungry. Can the same be said about Leopard?

    Xubuntu comes with plenty of software and a repository that contains _tens of
    thousands_ of programs, just a few clicks away from reach. Does OS X have this
    too?

    Xubuntu hasn't a marketing department, unlike Apple. Does that make it
    inferior? Or is it truly a matter of perception?

    Hardware-wise, GNU/Linux can run on all that stylish Mac/Apple hardware.

    > Here's a couple pics of that "BMW" this person drives.
    >
    > http://www.jimmy540i.com/moron93.jpg
    > http://www.jimmy540i.com/nightmare36.jpg
    >
    > After all, the only difference between a Ford Taurus and a BMW are
    > cosmetics. Just like the only difference between a Mac and some xfce fake
    > are the icons.

    So tell me, other than all those proprietary, lockin-zealot programs (pardon
    bad words like "proprietary") that comes with Mac OS 10, what is it that makes
    it so special? The "Mac experience" is a case of selling aura.

    I've used OS 10, but all in all, the applications in use are the same. The
    hardware used can also be the same. The style factor is the only real
    distinguishing factor that I can see and MacBook Air is a solid proof of this.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
    20:05:01 up 25 days, 5:59, 3 users, load average: 0.42, 0.72, 0.50