HP user group looks for Linux desktop from vendor

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are urging [HP] to do this," Illgen said. "Vista requires a very
| expensive PC." For instance, the Microsoft Corp. operating system needs at
| least 1GB of memory, but 2GB is "really the minimum," according to Illgen,
| who is a senior systems administrator at a restaurant chain that he asked not
| to be identified.
|
| Illgen said he is running Linux on a desktop PC with a Pentium 4 processor
| and 512MB of memory, and the system is "doing everything I need to do and
| then some."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...ntsrc=hm_topic

H-P, just like Dell, will do this in due course. They probably just wait for
RHEL desktop version to actually come out. Businesses and worldwide coverage
is inevitable.

Related:

HP launches Linux desktop in Australia

,----[ Quote ]
| The dx2250 HP desktop ships with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop
| pre-loaded, which includes Firefox, OpenOffice and the Evolution e-mail
| client. Red Hat will handle technical support for the system.
`----

HP offers peek at next-gen gadgets

,----[ Quote ]
| HP has unveiled some of the gadgets it is working on in its worldwide
| laboratories.
|
| [...]
|
| The e-book attracted most interest from delegates at the HP Mobility
| Summit in Shanghai. It uses touch sensitive strips on the base of
| the rectangular unit to select books and turn pages, runs a Linux
| OS and has a USB port to install new titles.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...chscreen-ebook

Big Debian Linux Payday For HP

,----[ Quote ]