Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy - Linux ; Tim Smith writes: > How about giving alt.os.linux.ubuntu a break, guys? Ignore the trolls > who are trying to set followups to alt.os.linux.ubuntu, and carry this > on just in COLA. They have made a right mess in the ubuntu ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

  1. Re: give alt.os.linux.ubuntu a break, please

    Tim Smith writes:

    > How about giving alt.os.linux.ubuntu a break, guys? Ignore the trolls
    > who are trying to set followups to alt.os.linux.ubuntu, and carry this
    > on just in COLA.


    They have made a right mess in the ubuntu group.

    --
    Murphy was an optimist.

  2. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Linonut wrote:

    > Besides, he's a nice guy. *Personally, I think certain clowns want to
    > keep dumping on him in order to get him to say something rash, that they
    > can then point to for further mudslinging.
    >
    > Don't let the bastards get ya down, Roy.


    I'll second that. It's obvious that Roy's messages are necessary when you
    see the pure volume of worthless, bitter, often "me too" posts from the
    WinTrolls/FUDites. That's why they are so bitter against Roy -- his posts
    keep the signal to noise ratio higher than they want.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Anonymous Sender wrote:
    >>
    >> > Ranking *Articles *Name
    >> > ------- *-------- *----------------------------
    >> > 1 * * * 352 *Roy Schestowitz
    >> > 2 * * * 229 *Moshe Goldfarb
    >> > 3 * * * 215 *Hadron
    >> > 4 * * * 185 *Snit

    >>
    >> No wonder the WinTrolls and FUDites whine about Roy. If it wasn't for
    >> him, they'd 1,2 and 3 in COLA.

    >
    > Why did you have a followup-to line to send this thread JUST to
    > alt.os.linux.ubuntu? That's a rather trollish thing to do.


    Wasn't watching when I posted. Who first crossposted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu?
    You might want to talk to them about it.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    RonB writes:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anonymous Sender wrote:
    >>>
    >>> > Ranking *Articles *Name
    >>> > ------- *-------- *----------------------------
    >>> > 1 * * * 352 *Roy Schestowitz
    >>> > 2 * * * 229 *Moshe Goldfarb
    >>> > 3 * * * 215 *Hadron
    >>> > 4 * * * 185 *Snit
    >>>
    >>> No wonder the WinTrolls and FUDites whine about Roy. If it wasn't for
    >>> him, they'd 1,2 and 3 in COLA.

    >>
    >> Why did you have a followup-to line to send this thread JUST to
    >> alt.os.linux.ubuntu? That's a rather trollish thing to do.

    >
    > Wasn't watching when I posted. Who first crossposted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu?
    > You might want to talk to them about it.


    You set the followup-to. No one else. How many times can you be caught in
    one day? You're like a slightly denser Liarnut.

  5. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fp82ol$7q5$6@registered.motzarella.org on 2/16/08 6:31 PM:

    > RonB writes:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article ,
    >>> RonB wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Anonymous Sender wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Ranking *Articles *Name
    >>>>> ------- *-------- *----------------------------
    >>>>> 1 * * * 352 *Roy Schestowitz
    >>>>> 2 * * * 229 *Moshe Goldfarb
    >>>>> 3 * * * 215 *Hadron
    >>>>> 4 * * * 185 *Snit
    >>>>
    >>>> No wonder the WinTrolls and FUDites whine about Roy. If it wasn't for
    >>>> him, they'd 1,2 and 3 in COLA.
    >>>
    >>> Why did you have a followup-to line to send this thread JUST to
    >>> alt.os.linux.ubuntu? That's a rather trollish thing to do.

    >>
    >> Wasn't watching when I posted. Who first crossposted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu?
    >> You might want to talk to them about it.

    >
    > You set the followup-to. No one else. How many times can you be caught in
    > one day? You're like a slightly denser Liarnut.


    I see a pattern in the COLA:

    If someone goes out of their way to mess with other forums and screws with
    the follow ups, as Peter K. does so often, it is the person who falls for
    their BS who is to blame.

    With the Linux distro's fractured UIs that lead to user error and lost work
    it is the users problem for not paying attention... the fact they "fell for"
    the BS is not the fault of the developers.

    Linux, it seems, is meant as to be a joke.

    [Note: no, I really do not think Linux is a joke - I am mocking the absurd
    idea that it is the user's problem for "not paying attention" when their OS
    is screwed up with a fractured UI]


    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs




  6. Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    In article <2658442.AtNKPR83cS@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    > stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    > did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    > personal attacks not only in COLA).


    Post some links to these so-called personal attacks.

    The only places I've responded to any of your posts are here and Digg
    (well, any of your posts under your Schestowitz nym...if you are using
    others, I may have responded to them).

    I'm somewhat curious how replying to comments on Digg can constitution a
    DOS on you, especially since you claim you have me blocked there so you
    won't see them. (Yes, I know you said DDOS, but I'm going to assume the
    first D is a typo).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    > many
    > abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    > to
    > gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    > (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    > editors,
    > who were hopeless.


    You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?



    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    > In article <2658442.AtNKPR83cS@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >> personal attacks not only in COLA).


    So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    way.

    Wow, nice admission there Roy.

    But then many of us already knew that about you.

  9. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    Erik Funkenbusch writes:

    >> In article <2658442.AtNKPR83cS@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >>> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >>> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >>> personal attacks not only in COLA).

    >
    > So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    > way.
    >
    > Wow, nice admission there Roy.
    >
    > But then many of us already knew that about you.


    It's rare people admit to being deceitful liars in order to get their
    own way, but Roy has managed it.

  10. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:44:18 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    >> many
    >> abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    >> to
    >> gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    >> (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    >> editors,
    >> who were hopeless.

    >
    > You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?


    It sure looks that way.

    It also means he has absolutely no idea how the geek mind works. Goatse
    was a meme, and techies love memes. And they love practical jokes, after
    all that's what the orinal "hacks" were.

    It's hard to believe that Roy could be that out of touch with his own
    'community'.

  11. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:20:41 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:44:18 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    >>> many
    >>> abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    >>> to
    >>> gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    >>> (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    >>> editors,
    >>> who were hopeless.

    >>
    >> You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?

    >
    > It sure looks that way.
    >
    > It also means he has absolutely no idea how the geek mind works. Goatse
    > was a meme, and techies love memes. And they love practical jokes, after
    > all that's what the orinal "hacks" were.
    >
    > It's hard to believe that Roy could be that out of touch with his own
    > 'community'.


    Have you heard the podcast of Roy Schestowitz?
    He is completely flat, boring and humorless.
    Roy Schestowitz is about as animated as a stone statue of Stalin.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    >> many
    >> abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    >> to
    >> gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    >> (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    >> editors,
    >> who were hopeless.

    >
    > You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?


    Another out-of-left-field ball from Tim.

    --
    Politics have no relation to morals.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  13. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:44:18 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    >>> many
    >>> abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    >>> to
    >>> gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    >>> (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    >>> editors,
    >>> who were hopeless.

    >>
    >> You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?

    >
    > It sure looks that way.
    >
    > It also means he has absolutely no idea how the geek mind works. Goatse
    > was a meme, and techies love memes. And they love practical jokes, after
    > all that's what the orinal "hacks" were.
    >
    > It's hard to believe that Roy could be that out of touch with his own
    > 'community'.


    Wow. Erik reduced to a me-too sock of Tim.

    Roy is really having an effect!

    --
    Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  14. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> In article <2658442.AtNKPR83cS@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >>> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >>> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >>> personal attacks not only in COLA).

    >
    > So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    > way.
    >
    > Wow, nice admission there Roy.
    >
    > But then many of us already knew that about you.


    Pot kettle black!

    -- Santayana

    --
    Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver
    will never lack victims for his deceptions.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  15. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:32:36 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> In article <2658442.AtNKPR83cS@schestowitz.com>,
    >>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >>>> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >>>> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >>>> personal attacks not only in COLA).

    >>
    >> So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    >> way.
    >>
    >> Wow, nice admission there Roy.
    >>
    >> But then many of us already knew that about you.

    >
    > Pot kettle black!
    >
    > -- Santayana


    Oh, please. You're comparing behavior that you attribe to me, to behavior
    Roy has just confessed to. You don't see the difference?

    And why is it that when I point out things that IBM does that Microsoft is
    criticized for, you whine about me using a "But they do it too" defense?
    Yet here you are in the exact sort of argument using PKB response, which is
    essentially a "But you do it too" defense.

    Why is it so hard for you to see how often and frequently Roy lies in an
    attempt to get his way? Why do you defend him when he's obviously lying?

    And, more importantly, why are you defending him he ADMITS to lying?

  16. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Get ready for Roy Schestowitz to run and hide, because that is what he
    > always does when asked to provide facts for his claims.


    A favorite tactic of Linux "advocates".


    > I used to think he was just a harmless Linux obsessed fanboi but now
    > I am beginning to wonder if he isn't mentally ill.
    >
    > He certainly seems a bit delusional.


    He's very much mentally ill and delusional and paranoid, if he believes the
    ridiculous things he writes. Same for [H]omer and Rex Ballard.




  17. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Hadron wrote:

    > RonB writes:
    >=20
    > > Anonymous Sender wrote:
    > >
    > >> Ranking =C2=A0Articles =C2=A0Name
    > >> ------- =C2=A0-------- =C2=A0----------------------------
    > >> 1 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 352 =C2=A0Roy Schestowitz
    > >> 2 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 229 =C2=A0Moshe Goldfarb
    > >> 3 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 215 =C2=A0Hadron
    > >> 4 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 185 =C2=A0Snit

    > >
    > > No wonder the WinTrolls and FUDites whine about Roy. If it wasn't for h=

    im,
    > > they'd 1,2 and 3 in COLA.

    >=20
    > LOL. You so deserve your award for being the dumbest poster. The only
    > people who care about these wrong stats are fanboyz like you.


    You care enough to run your mouth, now don't you sonny?












  18. Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:30:48 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:44:18 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <2111713.DDcZpa1o0v@schestowitz.com>,
    >>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>> Some people said that Microsoft did this to Slashdot where there were very
    >>>> many
    >>>> abusive messages posted. Not just racist and homophobic material, but links
    >>>> to
    >>>> gross images too. It drives visitors away and harms the message as a whole
    >>>> (poisons the well). Slashdot's traffic took a dive not because of the
    >>>> editors,
    >>>> who were hopeless.
    >>>
    >>> You aren't blaming goatse on Microsoft now, are you?

    >>
    >> It sure looks that way.
    >>
    >> It also means he has absolutely no idea how the geek mind works. Goatse
    >> was a meme, and techies love memes. And they love practical jokes, after
    >> all that's what the orinal "hacks" were.
    >>
    >> It's hard to believe that Roy could be that out of touch with his own
    >> 'community'.

    >
    > Wow. Erik reduced to a me-too sock of Tim.


    And you are Roy's lapdog.

    > Roy is really having an effect!


    He sure is...
    Google Roy Schestowitz and see what you come up with.




    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >>>>> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >>>>> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >>>>> personal attacks not only in COLA).
    >>>
    >>> So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    >>> way.
    >>>
    >>> Wow, nice admission there Roy.


    Way to set up your own premise and conclusion, Erik.

    >>> But then many of us already knew that about you.

    >>
    >> Pot kettle black!

    >
    > Oh, please. You're comparing behavior that you attribe to me, to behavior
    > Roy has just confessed to. You don't see the difference?


    Nope. You did dig up and post some rather noxious information about
    someone, did not you?

    > And why is it that when I point out things that IBM does that Microsoft is
    > criticized for, you whine about me using a "But they do it too" defense?
    > Yet here you are in the exact sort of argument using PKB response, which is
    > essentially a "But you do it too" defense.
    >
    > Why is it so hard for you to see how often and frequently Roy lies in an
    > attempt to get his way? Why do you defend him when he's obviously lying?


    Um, because he really /isn't/ lying?

    > And, more importantly, why are you defending him he ADMITS to lying?


    Because he didn't admit to lying? He admitted he didn't mean to follow
    through on his threat. A silly thing, but not exactly a lie.

    Pot Kettle Black, man. You're the last guy who needs to be worrying
    about Roy's veracity.

    --
    The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  20. Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:49:43 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>>> provoke. For instance, they attacked me repeatedly after I said that if Tim's
    >>>>>> stalking in various Web sites continues, I'll contact the police (of course I
    >>>>>> did not mean this, but I needed him off my back because he's DDOSing me with
    >>>>>> personal attacks not only in COLA).
    >>>>
    >>>> So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
    >>>> way.
    >>>>
    >>>> Wow, nice admission there Roy.

    >
    > Way to set up your own premise and conclusion, Erik.


    What?

    >>>> But then many of us already knew that about you.
    >>>
    >>> Pot kettle black!

    >>
    >> Oh, please. You're comparing behavior that you attribe to me, to behavior
    >> Roy has just confessed to. You don't see the difference?

    >
    > Nope. You did dig up and post some rather noxious information about
    > someone, did not you?


    If you're referring to Rex, we've been through that a million times. I've
    appologized, and it wasn't intentional, but nobody seems to let it rest.

    >> And why is it that when I point out things that IBM does that Microsoft is
    >> criticized for, you whine about me using a "But they do it too" defense?
    >> Yet here you are in the exact sort of argument using PKB response, which is
    >> essentially a "But you do it too" defense.
    >>
    >> Why is it so hard for you to see how often and frequently Roy lies in an
    >> attempt to get his way? Why do you defend him when he's obviously lying?

    >
    > Um, because he really /isn't/ lying?


    Yes, he is. He said, quite frankly up there ^^^ that he intentionally said
    something that wasn't true in order to get Tim "off his back". That means
    he lied. Intentionally.

    >> And, more importantly, why are you defending him he ADMITS to lying?

    >
    > Because he didn't admit to lying? He admitted he didn't mean to follow
    > through on his threat. A silly thing, but not exactly a lie.


    Yes, it is *exactly* a lie. Saying you *will* do something when you know
    you will not is a lie, period. If I say I will give you $1000 and then I
    don't and no intention to do so, it's a lie.

    > Pot Kettle Black, man. You're the last guy who needs to be worrying
    > about Roy's veracity.


    The question is, why aren't you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast