KDE development now based on Qt 4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The Qt snapshot in the KDE development tree was update to Qt 4.4 pre-Beta
| some hours ago. Qt 4.4 dependent features can now be included into KDE’s main
| tree.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/0...ased-on-qt-44/

SPECIAL REPORT: Motorola adopts Linux for future mobile phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola has embarked upon a strategy to use Linux in future smartphones.
| This Special Report tracks announcements related to Motorola's embedded Linux
| smartphones, including product announcements from Motorola and technology
| announcements from its partners.
`----

It recently claimed that Nokia's acquisition does not affect it at all.

Related:

Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech CEO Haavard Nord announced today at the KDE developer conference
| that the company's cross-platform open source Qt application development
| toolkit will be released under the GPL 3. This move, which comes shortly
| after the release of KDE 4.0 (watch for our review on Sunday night), will
| allow the open source desktop environment to adopt the new version of the
| GPL. * *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...t-gpl-3-for-qt

ZTE Selects Trolltech’s Qtopia Phone Edition for U980 Smartphone Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...47&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/2mmd5d