Bloodbath in the Valley as tech shares tank

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, which launched a $US40-billion-plus buyout bid for Yahoo on
| February 1, has so far shed 13 per cent of its share price as Wall Street
| investors worry about the drain on Microsoft's cash reserves and difficulties
| in integrating the two vastly different companies.
| Along with Gates' paper loss of $US6 billion, Steve Ballmer's wealth plunged
| by almost $US3 billion.

Microsoft won't be dominant on the desktop for as long as people imagined. SCO

Why Microsoft Should Fret

,----[ Quote ]
| But what if at stake in the battle isn't just Microsoft's position in selling
| ads, but the very survival of its core software business? Microsoft would
| never admit that so much is on the line. *

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
| [...]
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead

,----[ Quote ]