Sophos and the Linux botnet plague .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Sophos and the Linux botnet plague .. - Linux ; "Researchers at a major security vendor are exploring the extent to which Linux systems - especially servers - are involved in the botnet plague" http://www.itwire.com/content/view/1...jc_allComments -- why would you go to the bother of writing a 'Linux virus' when Windows ...

  1. Sophos and the Linux botnet plague ..

    --

    why would you go to the bother of writing a 'Linux virus' when Windows
    is that much easier to hack.

    I thought there weren't any Linux desktops out there to speak of ..

  2. Sophos and the compromised Linux bot-herders ..

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > The article describes .. it has become useful to compromise Linux servers

    The article describes no such thing, it mentions what Sophos *suspects*
    is *involved* and as such is worth so much spit. Any evidence as to the
    existence of these compromised bot-herders. Please enumerate ..

    The actual words used are "the extent to which Linux systems -
    especially servers", so logically that would include Linux desktops as a
    subset. So which is it, where are all the non-existent Linux desktops
    that Sophos are refering to, unless they, like you, are blowing smoke
    through their rear orifice, make your mind up fuddie ...

    --

    please buy our useless PRODUC~1 ..

  3. Re: Sophos and the compromised Linux bot-herders ..

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> The article describes .. it has become useful to compromise Linux servers

    > The article describes no such thing, it mentions what Sophos *suspects* is
    > *involved* and as such is worth so much spit. Any evidence as to the
    > existence of these compromised bot-herders. Please enumerate ..
    >
    > The actual words used are "the extent to which Linux systems - especially
    > servers", so logically that would include Linux desktops as a subset. So
    > which is it, where are all the non-existent Linux desktops that Sophos are
    > refering to, unless they, like you, are blowing smoke through their rear
    > orifice, make your mind up fuddie ...

    Well, at least consider how you have to read between the lines to find any
    mention of Linux desktop use. That should give you a clue as to where it
    stands. You Linux fans are continually having to infer things, it seems, to
    keep your spirits up.

  4. Re: Sophos and the compromised Linux bot-herders ..

    amicus_curious wrote:

    >> "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message

    >>> The article describes .. it has become useful to compromise Linux servers

    Where are all the compromised Linux servers?

    > Well, at least ..

    very weak, try again ..

+ Reply to Thread