For Microsoft, huge risks in going hostile

,----[ Overview ]
| Analysts say bitter takeover battle could alienate Yahoo's talent pool
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3xdszt

Yahoo Makes Its Case in Letter to Shareholders

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo has just released the following letter to shareholders outlining its
| reasoning for rejecting Microsoft’s offer to buy the company.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/6455...s?source=yahoo

Yahoo Exploring Alliance With News Corp.

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo Inc. is discussing a possible Internet partnership with media
| conglomerate News Corp., its latest effort to repel Microsoft Corp.'s
| takeover bid or pry a better offer from the unsolicited suitor, a person
| familiar with the situation said Wednesday.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080213/micro...hoo.html?.v=15

Retail Sales, Stimulus News Help Stocks

,----[ Quote ]
| The Yahoo!-News Corp. talks were reported on The Wall Street Journal's web
| site. Yahoo! is fighting off an unsolicited $44.6 billion takeover bid from
| Microsoft (MSFT).
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/investor...mpaign_id=yhoo

Related:

Microsoft to take case to Yahoo shareholders: report

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3dpl6n

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is threatening to launch a boardroom coup at Yahoo! within six
| ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| weeks if the internet search engine fails to accept its $45 billion (£23
| billion) hostile takeover proposal or start serious merger talks, The Times
| has learned.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...MC-Bltn=LOXCF1

Options Before Microsoft: Upping Bid; Tender Offer; Hostile Takeover; Pressure
Tactics

,----[ Quote ]
| Hostile board overthrow: This would be the most contentious, and Microsoft
| has indicated its willingness to go through with this if need be: it could
| seek to oust Yahoo's board at its next election; it would have until March 13
| to nominate a new slate of directors. Yahoo has taken "poison pill"
| provisions, and Microsoft have to oust the board to get past these
| provisions. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080...1_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft rejects Yahoo! rejection

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Ballmer still wants to swallow Jerry Yang's company.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/0...l_wants_yahoo/

Why Microsoft Should Fret

,----[ Quote ]
| But what if at stake in the battle isn't just Microsoft's position in selling
| ads, but the very survival of its core software business? Microsoft would
| never admit that so much is on the line. ¬*
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1202...oo_hs&ru=yahoo

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/6387...h?source=yahoo

Microsoft to partners: It's time to change

,----[ Quote ]
| Aiming to rally its partners around the reality of hosted software, Microsoft
| Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner told them it was a matter of financial
| life and death. ¬*
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195764.html

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007...-10-years.html