Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > Legal, major label DRM-free MP3s hit UK (at last) > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Play.com said the average price per track will be 70 pence. Album bundles are >| charged at 6.99. > `---- > ...

  1. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Legal, major label DRM-free MP3s hit UK (at last)
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Play.com said the average price per track will be 70 pence. Album bundles are
    >| charged at 6.99.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...y_uk_drm_free/

    The price is beginning to drop to something sensible. Since the quality
    of MP3 tracks is a mere fraction of that of CDs, though, the price of
    the album should probably be lower than this.

    > Interesting:
    >
    > Armed police swoop on MP3-packing mechanic
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| An innocent Stoke-on-Trent garage mechanic enjoyed a spell in the cells after
    >| armed cops held him at gunpoint having mistaken his MP3 player for a pistol,
    >| the Daily Mail reports.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/13/mp3_gun_swoop/
    >
    > Maybe he didn't license MP3 format from trolls with intellectual monopolies.
    > Or... He should have used an "Ogg player", not an "MP3 Player". Why don't they
    > just call it an "audio player" anyway?

    How could anyone confuse an MP3 player with a weapon? The only thing
    MP3 takes on is DRM!

  2. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 14 February 2008 08:33 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Legal, major label DRM-free MP3s hit UK (at last)
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Play.com said the average price per track will be 70 pence. Album bundles
    >>| are charged at £6.99.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02...y_uk_drm_free/

    > The price is beginning to drop to something sensible. Since the quality
    > of MP3 tracks is a mere fraction of that of CDs, though, the price of
    > the album should probably be lower than this.
    >

    >> Interesting:
    >>
    >> Armed police swoop on MP3-packing mechanic
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| An innocent Stoke-on-Trent garage mechanic enjoyed a spell in the cells
    >>| after armed cops held him at gunpoint having mistaken his MP3 player for a
    >>| pistol, the Daily Mail reports.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/13/mp3_gun_swoop/
    >>
    >> Maybe he didn't license MP3 format from trolls with intellectual monopolies.
    >> Or... He should have used an "Ogg player", not an "MP3 Player". Why don't
    >> they just call it an "audio player" anyway?
    >>

    > How could anyone confuse an MP3 player with a weapon? The only thing
    > MP3 takes on is DRM!

    Have you not seen the tazer that it also a portable music player? Several
    sites, including El Reg, showed some pictures. The invention itself was
    bizarre.

    Wallet? Check. Keys? Check. Gadget+weapon? Check.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
    Cpu(s): 25.6%us, 4.0%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.3%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  3. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >Have you not seen the tazer that it also a portable music player? Several
    >sites, including El Reg, showed some pictures. The invention itself was
    >bizarre.

    Sweet. I want one. 8)

  4. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    ____/ chrisv on Thursday 14 February 2008 14:10 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >>Have you not seen the tazer that it also a portable music player? Several
    >>sites, including El Reg, showed some pictures. The invention itself was
    >>bizarre.

    > Sweet. I want one. 8)

    It looks a bit feminine though, unless you're pimping.

    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/08/taser_c2_mp3/

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
    Swap: 1510068k total, 247068k used, 1263000k free, 79004k cached

  5. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    [snippity-snip-snip]

    > http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/08/taser_c2_mp3/

    LOL! First thought: Boycie's Marleen!

  6. Re: [News] Another Nail on Microsoft's Beloved DRM Coffin

    Phil Da Lick! espoused:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > [snippity-snip-snip]
    >
    >> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/08/taser_c2_mp3/