Announcing Fedora 8 Xfce Spin

,----[ Quote ]
| I am pleased to announce the immediate release of a brand new and sparkling,
| Fedora 8 Xfce Spin. Fedora Xfce Spin is a bootable Fedora Live CD image
| available for x86 and x86_64 architecture. It can be optionally installed to
| hard disk or converted into boot USB images and is ideal for Xfce fans and
| for users running Fedora on relatively low resource systems.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo.../msg00005.html

Related:

Fedora 8.0 review

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, if you are looking for a robust, secure and stable Linux
| distribution which stands out from rest of the brood in providing an
| innovative set of GUI tools for system and network administration but at the
| same time, you are also particular that you would like to use only Free
| software, then you should seriously consider taking Fedora 8 for a spin. You
| will definitely fall in love it. * *
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2008/0...80-review.html

Fedora/Linux for Noobs

,----[ Quote ]
| The desktop in Fedora 7 (Gnome) is very pleasing to look at. With clean lines
| and soft colors it has a Mac-like appeal with the taskbars of Windows. You
| can easily add items to the taskbars (panels), move them around, make them
| transparent, and even remove them if wanted. Icons are clear and resizable so
| you’re not stuck with dinky XP icons. I have modified my desktop somewhat for
| productivity. One of the beauties of Linux is the degree of customization
| available to make your workspace the way you want it. * * *
`----

http://blog.coffeedaze.com/?p=66

Review of Fedora 8 (by Simon G. Hildenbrand)

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I truly believe that Fedora 8 is by far the best Fedora release to
| date (and I've tried every one of them). From the look and feel of the
| system, to the out-of-the-box configuration during installation, I couldn't
| be happier with a cutting edge release. *
|
| As I mentioned before, the biggest aspects of a successful distribution for
| me are suspend/hibernate, correct screen resolution and the the ability to
| change the screen resolution in a GUI if it didn't configure it correctly the
| first time, system stability, and overall look and feel of a distribution.
| For me, Fedora 8 has excelled in all categories when I evaluate and review a
| system and I hope that Fedora continues to release versions that are put *
| together as good as Fedora 8 has been. * *
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071112#review

Community Welcomes Fedora 8 With Strong Download Numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 offers both GNOME and KDE-based Live CDs and a general-purpose
| installable DVD for workstations and servers. It also includes improved Live
| USB support, making it possible to install, boot and run the entire
| distribution off of a USB key without touching the computer's hard disk at
| all. This enhancement makes Fedora attractive to those who wish to experiment
| with Linux without risking their data. * *
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071112/20071112005990.html?.v=1

Red Hat's Fedora 8 hope: An all-purpose Linux foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The ability to "re-spin" Fedora is attracting some interest. Among the
| Fedora-based variations that will be available are one for gaming, one for
| designing microprocessors, and one for programmers. *
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9813113-39.html

An old hat with new tricks: Fedora 8 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been experimenting with Fedora 8 test 3, and I like what I see. This is
| a nice release with a pretty sweet assortment of features that you won't find
| anywhere else. Fedora still manages to differentiate itself and rise above
| many other contenders by delivering early access to new technologies. *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-released.html

A peek at Red Hat's Fedora 8 Linux [Screenshots tour]

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora 8 version of Linux is set to debut Thursday, the latest
| version of a product line geared for enthusiasts, programmers, and Linux
| users who want to get a taste of what's to come in the supported Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux. * *
`----

http://www.news.com/2300-1016_3-6217482-1.html

The Review: Werewolf, Fedora’s Redeemer?

| Fedora 8 is a distribution to beat. Its great features and much improved
| stability simply rocks. It may not be a distro that I can say is ideal for
| Linux newbies, but it is almost there. So, to answer the question: Is
| Werewolf Fedora’s Redeemer? In my own opinion, it is. It somehow revived
| Fedora from its previous blunders. I’m sure Fedora faithfuls will never be
| tempted to look at Ubuntu again. Can Werewolf help put Fedora back on top? As
| of the moment, Fedora is still ranked #4 in Distrowatch. If Werewolf will
| fail to do so, at least it will serve as a catalyst for future releases to
| take Fedora back to where it truly belongs. I think the only direction Fedora
| is going right now is certainly upward.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/...-redeemer.html

Fedora 8: Live CD Reviewed