Which "advocate" slinks away the most? - Linux

This is a discussion on Which "advocate" slinks away the most? - Linux ; Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and claims....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

  1. Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    claims.

  2. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS

    wrote
    on Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500
    :
    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for
    > sure since virtually all cola nuts run away as
    > soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic
    > lies and claims.

    Got any examples handy? ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
    std::set<...> v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
    if(*i == thing) {...}

  3. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    > nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    > claims.

    There are so many it's difficult to pick just one.

    Roy Schestowitz.

    He knowingly posts misleading subject lines, articles with *proof* pointing
    back to his own websites and in some cases his own messages and when called
    on it he rarely apologizes and corrects the mistakes.
    Instead, like a train full steam ahead, he just crap floods the group
    hoping it will disappear from discussion BUT remain forever in Google to be
    picked up by search engines.

    Roy is not interested in discussion, with him it's all post and run. The
    only one he talks to is Mark Kent and [Homer] and even then it's just a
    quick one liner.

    He does the same thing in other places as well.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all
    >> cola
    >> nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    >> claims.

    > There are so many it's difficult to pick just one.
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz.
    >
    > He knowingly posts misleading subject lines, articles with *proof*
    > pointing
    > back to his own websites and in some cases his own messages and when
    > called
    > on it he rarely apologizes and corrects the mistakes.
    > Instead, like a train full steam ahead, he just crap floods the group
    > hoping it will disappear from discussion BUT remain forever in Google to
    > be
    > picked up by search engines.
    >
    > Roy is not interested in discussion, with him it's all post and run. The
    > only one he talks to is Mark Kent and [Homer] and even then it's just a
    > quick one liner.

    So many cites to cite, so little time!

  5. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    rat wrote:

    > So many cites to cite, so little time!

    Cite even one good example, rat. Or will you just slink away?

  6. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    DFS wrote:

    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all
    > cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies
    > and claims.

    Hate to tell you this, DuFuS, but if by "slinking away" you mean "having a
    life" -- there a lot of COLA advocates who "slink away" on a daily basis.
    Not everyone is a 24-hour crank with nothing better to do than constantly
    spray their drizzle in COLA -- as hard as that might be for you to believe.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  7. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Feb 14, 4:57 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    > nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    > claims.

    However note that:

    1. Microsoft forbids benchmarking in its EULA's - this may mean 'hard
    proof' is not always available.

    2. There is a hell of a lot shonky research not supported by proof
    showing how Microsoft products have lower TCO. These conveniently
    omit the cost of licencing compliance and the direct and indirect
    costs of cleaning up after viruses and worms.

    3. There are often personal obscene attacks against various people on
    this ng which are not backed by any form of proof.

  8. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "DFS" stated in post
    TrEsj.71282$vt2.34610@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 2/13/08 8:57 AM:

    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    > nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    > claims.

    My current vote is for Rick... he simply makes up things, shows no
    understanding, and frankly goes out of his way to prove how over his head he
    is.

    --
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    --Albert Einstein

  9. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    RonB wrote:

    >Hate to tell you this, DuFuS, but if by "slinking away" you mean "having a
    >life" -- there a lot of COLA advocates who "slink away" on a daily basis.
    >Not everyone is a 24-hour crank with nothing better to do than constantly
    >spray their drizzle in COLA -- as hard as that might be for you to believe.

    Indeed. IMO, it's not worth the effort to the posts of a worthless
    POS like DumFSck, much less respond to the idiocy.

  10. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    peterwn writes:

    > On Feb 14, 4:57 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    >> nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    >> claims.

    > However note that:
    >
    > 1. Microsoft forbids benchmarking in its EULA's - this may mean 'hard
    > proof' is not always available.

    This is a lie.

    > 2. There is a hell of a lot shonky research not supported by proof
    > showing how Microsoft products have lower TCO. These conveniently
    > omit the cost of licencing compliance and the direct and indirect
    > costs of cleaning up after viruses and worms.

    More lies and FUD.

    > 3. There are often personal obscene attacks against various people on
    > this ng which are not backed by any form of proof.

    Like your ridiculous claims? Boy, you must be one of the dimmest posters
    here, but its no excuse for the level of ignorance you frequently
    display.

    --
    Cabeza grande, y gran cabeza, son dos cosas muy diversas.

  11. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    RonB writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all
    >> cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies
    >> and claims.

    > Hate to tell you this, DuFuS, but if by "slinking away" you mean "having a
    > life" -- there a lot of COLA advocates who "slink away" on a daily basis.
    > Not everyone is a 24-hour crank with nothing better to do than constantly
    > spray their drizzle in COLA -- as hard as that might be for you to
    > believe.

    Says the man whose sole claim to liking Linux is that his panties get
    moist when he listens to an audio stream, compiles an app AND posts to
    usenet with a third rate news reader! AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I bet Windows
    can't do that eh?

    Hilariously stupid. LOL, you are so lame. And the nym fools no one
    either :-;

  12. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    Snit wrote:
    > "DFS" stated in post
    > TrEsj.71282$vt2.34610@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 2/13/08 8:57 AM:
    >
    >> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    >> nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    >> claims.

    > My current vote is for Rick... he simply makes up things, shows no
    > understanding, and frankly goes out of his way to prove how over his head he
    > is.

    Liar.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    In article
    <10cd62f8-9523-4d50-ad7b-99a909a2f16d@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    peterwn wrote:
    > 1. Microsoft forbids benchmarking in its EULA's - this may mean 'hard
    > proof' is not always available.

    They forbid[1] benchmarking in the EULAs for *some* products, not all.
    Generally, those are the products where they are competing with Sun and
    Oracle and IBM, who *also* have at various times prohibited benchmarking.

    [1] And actually, they don't forbid benchmarking. Rather, they require
    you to publish sufficient documentation of the benchmark to allow them
    to reproduce it, and to give them permission to publish their results
    under the same conditions. So, if you are, say, IBM, you can't publish
    your benchmark against Microsoft, and then invoke your EULA to stop
    Microsoft from publishing a rebuttal benchmark.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  14. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    chrisv wrote:

    > IMO, it's not worth the effort to the posts of a worthless

    Should say "not worth the effort to *read* the posts"

    >POS like DumFSck, much less respond to the idiocy.

  15. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "Rick" stated in post 13r6mopi8jg95c1@news.supernews.com
    on 2/13/08 1:42 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >> "DFS" stated in post
    >> TrEsj.71282$vt2.34610@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 2/13/08 8:57 AM:
    >>
    >>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all cola
    >>> nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic lies and
    >>> claims.

    >> My current vote is for Rick... he simply makes up things, shows no
    >> understanding, and frankly goes out of his way to prove how over his head he
    >> is.
    >>

    > Liar.

    Well, then, you should be able to answer a simple question without
    contradicting yourself:

    Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    C) Something that does not matter to the user
    D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    to make programs designed for different environments run
    more consistently

    The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. But you are so far
    in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. Really - you are
    that predictable.

    Oh, and if you feel you need some explanatory text that is OK - I am no
    trying to push you into any false dichotomy.

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  16. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Feb 13, 4:27*pm, Snit wrote:
    > "Rick" stated in post 13r6mopi8jg9...@news.supernews.com
    > on 2/13/08 1:42 PM:
    >
    > > Snit wrote:
    > >> "DFS" stated in post
    > >> TrEsj.71282$vt2.34...@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 2/13/08 8:57 AM:

    > >> My current vote is for Rick... he simply makes up things, shows no
    > >> understanding, and frankly goes out of his way to prove how over his head he
    > >> is.

    > > Liar.

    > Well, then, you should be able to answer a simple question without
    > contradicting yourself:
    >
    > Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    > A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    > B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    > C) Something that does not matter to the user
    > D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    > * *to make programs designed for different environments run
    > * *more consistently
    >
    > The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. *But you are so far
    > in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. *Really - you are
    > that predictable.

    Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to
    personal preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say
    he's wrong. I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.

  17. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "cc" stated in post
    f067b186-76bb-4155-a746-bd7aa09b3a94...oglegroups.com on 2/13/08
    3:07 PM:

    > On Feb 13, 4:27*pm, Snit wrote:
    >> "Rick" stated in post 13r6mopi8jg9...@news.supernews.com
    >> on 2/13/08 1:42 PM:

    >>> Liar.

    >> Well, then, you should be able to answer a simple question without
    >> contradicting yourself:
    >>
    >> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    >> A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    >> B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    >> C) Something that does not matter to the user
    >> D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    >> * *to make programs designed for different environments run
    >> * *more consistently
    >>
    >> The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. *But you are so far
    >> in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. *Really - you are
    >> that predictable.
    >>

    > Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to
    > personal preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say
    > he's wrong.

    B is, clearly not correct. The UI of PCLOS is a combination of multiple
    competing UIs and others that do not conform to either... at shown by at
    least *four* different Save As dialogs on GUI programs easily accessible
    from its menu. That is not consistent and, clearly, as a whole does not
    promote productivity and efficiency (clearly true even if all were good).
    To make matters worse some of the dialogs are close but have their buttons
    swapped - that is begging for trouble.

    But the point is that Rick does not know enough to answer... note how he
    will not even try. Even he knows he is over his head.

    > I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.

    If you were all users, sure... but you are not. Clearly the question was
    not focused on you as the user but users in general.

    --
    Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat wondering what the world would be
    like if the Lamarckian view of evolutionary had ended up being accepted

  18. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:27:12 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 13r6mopi8jg95c1@news.supernews.com on 2/13/08 1:42 PM:
    >
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>> "DFS" stated in post
    >>> TrEsj.71282$vt2.34610@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 2/13/08 8:57 AM:

    >>> My current vote is for Rick... he simply makes up things, shows no
    >>> understanding, and frankly goes out of his way to prove how over his
    >>> head he is.
    >>>

    >> Liar.

    > Well, then, you should be able to answer a simple question without
    > contradicting yourself:
    >
    > Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply): A) A combination of different
    > competing UIs, and thus "fractured"

    Your premise is either flawed, or OS X is also fractured.

    > B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency

    several good UIs that promote productivity and efficiency.

    > C) Something that does not matter to the user

    > D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is
    > a push to make programs designed for different environments run more
    > consistently

    KDE and Gnome teams are working on compatibility.

    > The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. But you are so
    > far in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. Really -
    > you are that predictable.

    You are simply a little boy, living in a black and white world that can
    only see his own point of view.

    > Oh, and if you feel you need some explanatory text that is OK - I am no
    > trying to push you into any false dichotomy.

    No, you're just spewing falsehoods.
    --
    Rick

  19. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:07:19 -0800, cc wrote:

    > On Feb 13, 4:27*pm, Snit wrote:
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 13r6mopi8jg9...@news.supernews.com on 2/13/08 1:42 PM:

    >> > Liar.

    >> Well, then, you should be able to answer a simple question without
    >> contradicting yourself:
    >>
    >> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply): A) A combination of different
    >> competing UIs, and thus "fractured" B) A consistent and good UI that
    >> promotes productivity and efficiency C) Something that does not matter
    >> to the user D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is
    >> a push
    >> * *to make programs designed for different environments run more
    >> * *consistently
    >>
    >> The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. *But you are so
    >> far in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. *Really -
    >> you are that predictable.
    >>

    > Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to personal
    > preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say he's
    > wrong. I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.

    Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually all
    > cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their idiotic
    > lies and claims.

    So where is your proof for such an idiotic lie and claim?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast