Which "advocate" slinks away the most? - Linux

This is a discussion on Which "advocate" slinks away the most? - Linux ; RonB writes: > DFS wrote: > >> RonB wrote: >>> DFS wrote: >>> >>>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually >>>> all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

  1. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    RonB writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually
    >>>> all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their
    >>>> idiotic lies and claims.
    >>>
    >>> Hate to tell you this, DuFuS, but if by "slinking away" you mean
    >>> "having a life" -- there a lot of COLA advocates who "slink away" on
    >>> a daily basis. Not everyone is a 24-hour crank with nothing better to
    >>> do than constantly spray their drizzle in COLA -- as hard as that
    >>> might be for you to believe.

    >>
    >> Your So-Called Life doesn't excuse you from providing evidence for any
    >> idiotic claims you might make.

    >
    > By "evidence" you mean answering your half-baked questions that make about
    > as much sense as... well, as you do.
    >
    > What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?


    Are you Kelsey's twin?

  2. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    RonB wrote:

    > What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?


    You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.



  3. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    DFS wrote:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?

    >
    > You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.


    Sure, just like IBM knows *exactly* what code (of supposed millions and
    millions of lines) they "stole" from SCO. Like And, like SCO, I'm *sure*
    you'll be coming up with evidence to back up your claim "any year now."

    And speaking of SCO, 624 shares of their stock traded today -- at six cents
    each, that's a whopping $37.44! Whoa! Nothing like the *roar* of the Linux
    Slayer!

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    DFS wrote:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?

    >
    > You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.


    Oh, by the way, let me save Snit and flatline--- the trouble of "me too-ing"
    you.

    Snit
    "Oh, you're so clever Doofie, it makes me want to giggle like a little girl!
    As a matter of fact I think I will. LOL!"

    flatline---
    "Oh, you're so clever Doofie, it makes me want to giggle like a little girl!
    As a matter of fact I think I will. LOL!"

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "RonB" stated in post 7xRsj.196$VG.147@newsfe02.lga
    on 2/13/08 11:48 PM:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>
    >>> What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?

    >>
    >> You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.

    >
    > Oh, by the way, let me save Snit and flatline--- the trouble of "me too-ing"
    > you.
    >
    > Snit
    > "Oh, you're so clever Doofie, it makes me want to giggle like a little girl!
    > As a matter of fact I think I will. LOL!"


    Er? What the heck are you babbling about?

    > flatline---
    > "Oh, you're so clever Doofie, it makes me want to giggle like a little girl!
    > As a matter of fact I think I will. LOL!"




    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?




  6. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    Snit writes:

    > "RonB" stated in post 7xRsj.196$VG.147@newsfe02.lga
    > on 2/13/08 11:48 PM:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> RonB wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?
    >>>
    >>> You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.

    >>
    >> Oh, by the way, let me save Snit and flatline--- the trouble of "me too-ing"
    >> you.
    >>
    >> Snit
    >> "Oh, you're so clever Doofie, it makes me want to giggle like a little girl!
    >> As a matter of fact I think I will. LOL!"

    >
    > Er? What the heck are you babbling about?



    We could have a nominee for the thickest "advocate" of all times. He's
    as incoherent and "wannabe" as Spike1 but without the degree.

  7. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    RonB writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>
    >>> What *exactly,* in your imagination, haven't I answered?

    >>
    >> You know *exactly* what you ran away from, WronG.

    >
    > Sure, just like IBM knows *exactly* what code (of supposed millions and
    > millions of lines) they "stole" from SCO. Like And, like SCO, I'm *sure*
    > you'll be coming up with evidence to back up your claim "any year now."
    >
    > And speaking of SCO, 624 shares of their stock traded today -- at six cents
    > each, that's a whopping $37.44! Whoa! Nothing like the *roar* of the Linux
    > Slayer!


    You need more meds. And go back to your old nym.

  8. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    Snit wrote:
    > "cc" stated in post
    > 08d09ab2-746a-4cd0-b37e-7151437d08ff...oglegroups.com on 2/13/08
    > 9:24 PM:
    >
    >>>>> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    >>>>> A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    >>>>> B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    >>>>> C) Something that does not matter to the user
    >>>>> D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    >>>>> to make programs designed for different environments run
    >>>>> more consistently
    >>>>> The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. But you are so far
    >>>>> in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. Really - you are
    >>>>> that predictable.
    >>>> Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to
    >>>> personal preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say
    >>>> he's wrong.
    >>> B is, clearly not correct. The UI of PCLOS is a combination of multiple
    >>> competing UIs and others that do not conform to either... at shown by at
    >>> least *four* different Save As dialogs on GUI programs easily accessible
    >>> from its menu. That is not consistent and, clearly, as a whole does not
    >>> promote productivity and efficiency (clearly true even if all were good).
    >>> To make matters worse some of the dialogs are close but have their buttons
    >>> swapped - that is begging for trouble.

    >> In your opinion. In mine too. But not in everyone's.

    >
    > It is a verifiable fact that such UI problems lead to user errors. I have
    > done such testing in terms of Windows similar but likely less severe
    > problems.


    Then use only one windowing environment.

    >
    >>> But the point is that Rick does not know enough to answer... note how he
    >>> will not even try. Even he knows he is over his head.

    >> There is no answer.

    >
    > Sure there is... and now I made it clear he did not need to give a yes/no
    > type answer - I was not trying to push him into any type of false dichotomy.
    >
    >>>> I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.
    >>> If you were all users, sure... but you are not. Clearly the question was
    >>> not focused on you as the user but users in general.

    >> Are you a user in general? Prove it.

    >
    > What proof do you need of something so obvious: UI inconsistencies of the
    > type being discussed lead to lowering of efficiency, the risk of lost work,
    > and a greater number of "user" errors. Sure, I have seen the studies and
    > done some myself - but frankly this should be obvious to anyone familiar
    > with computers. I have to admit to being surprised at how uncommon the
    > knowledge seems to be in COLA. Heck, even novices generally get it in the
    > real world.
    >

    Then use only one windowing environment.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "Rick" stated in post 13r8c1jbkrj0b79@news.supernews.com
    on 2/14/08 5:12 AM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >> "cc" stated in post
    >> 08d09ab2-746a-4cd0-b37e-7151437d08ff...oglegroups.com on 2/13/08
    >> 9:24 PM:
    >>
    >>>>>> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    >>>>>> A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    >>>>>> B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    >>>>>> C) Something that does not matter to the user
    >>>>>> D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    >>>>>> to make programs designed for different environments run
    >>>>>> more consistently
    >>>>>> The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. But you are so
    >>>>>> far
    >>>>>> in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. Really - you
    >>>>>> are
    >>>>>> that predictable.
    >>>>> Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to
    >>>>> personal preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say
    >>>>> he's wrong.
    >>>> B is, clearly not correct. The UI of PCLOS is a combination of multiple
    >>>> competing UIs and others that do not conform to either... at shown by at
    >>>> least *four* different Save As dialogs on GUI programs easily accessible
    >>>> from its menu. That is not consistent and, clearly, as a whole does not
    >>>> promote productivity and efficiency (clearly true even if all were good).
    >>>> To make matters worse some of the dialogs are close but have their buttons
    >>>> swapped - that is begging for trouble.
    >>> In your opinion. In mine too. But not in everyone's.

    >>
    >> It is a verifiable fact that such UI problems lead to user errors. I have
    >> done such testing in terms of Windows similar but likely less severe
    >> problems.

    >
    > Then use only one windowing environment.
    >
    >>
    >>>> But the point is that Rick does not know enough to answer... note how he
    >>>> will not even try. Even he knows he is over his head.
    >>> There is no answer.

    >>
    >> Sure there is... and now I made it clear he did not need to give a yes/no
    >> type answer - I was not trying to push him into any type of false dichotomy.
    >>
    >>>>> I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.
    >>>> If you were all users, sure... but you are not. Clearly the question was
    >>>> not focused on you as the user but users in general.
    >>> Are you a user in general? Prove it.

    >>
    >> What proof do you need of something so obvious: UI inconsistencies of the
    >> type being discussed lead to lowering of efficiency, the risk of lost work,
    >> and a greater number of "user" errors. Sure, I have seen the studies and
    >> done some myself - but frankly this should be obvious to anyone familiar
    >> with computers. I have to admit to being surprised at how uncommon the
    >> knowledge seems to be in COLA. Heck, even novices generally get it in the
    >> real world.
    >>

    > Then use only one windowing environment.


    Let me know when you catch up and understand what you read.


    --
    "The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay


  10. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    chrisv wrote:

    > rat wrote:
    >
    >> So many cites to cite, so little time!

    >
    > Cite even one good example, rat. Or will you just slink away?


    I guess we've got our answer. How ironic.


  11. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:00:23 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On 13 Feb 2008 23:31:27 GMT, ray wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually
    >>> all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their
    >>> idiotic lies and claims.

    >>
    >> So where is your proof for such an idiotic lie and claim?

    >
    > Read some of Ballard's posts.
    > If you don't reach the same or similar conclusion, you have your rose
    > colored glasses on.


    Actually, my presciption sunglasses have a slight reddish tint - but I
    don't wear them all the time.

  12. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:54:23 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually
    >>> all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their
    >>> idiotic lies and claims.

    >>
    >> So where is your proof for such an idiotic lie and claim?

    >
    > It's in the hundred or more times I've asked Rex for some 3rd party
    > proof, for which I've received exactly ZERO replies.


    That constitutes one - hardly "virtually all". You have an overly
    exaggerated concept of your own self worth. Most of us do not "run away"
    from much of anything - especially a DooFuS.

  13. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    On Feb 13, 11:47*pm, Snit wrote:
    > "cc" stated in post
    > 08d09ab2-746a-4cd0-b37e-7151437d0...@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com on 2/13/08
    > 9:24 PM:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >>>> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    > >>>> A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    > >>>> B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    > >>>> C) Something that does not matter to the user
    > >>>> D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    > >>>> * *to make programs designed for different environments run
    > >>>> * *more consistently

    >
    > >>>> The answers, for what it is worth, are clearly A and D. *But you are so far
    > >>>> in over you head you will not even be willing to answer. *Really - you are
    > >>>> that predictable.

    >
    > >>> Rick's a dumbass for sure, but that stupid question is open to
    > >>> personal preference. If he says B, what does that prove? You can't say
    > >>> he's wrong.

    >
    > >> B is, clearly not correct. *The UI of PCLOS is a combination of multiple
    > >> competing UIs and others that do not conform to either... at shown by at
    > >> least *four* different Save As dialogs on GUI programs easily accessible
    > >> from its menu. *That is not consistent and, clearly, as a whole does not
    > >> promote productivity and efficiency (clearly true even if all were good).
    > >> To make matters worse some of the dialogs are close but have their buttons
    > >> swapped - that is begging for trouble.

    >
    > > In your opinion. In mine too. But not in everyone's.

    >
    > It is a verifiable fact that such UI problems lead to user errors. I have
    > done such testing in terms of Windows similar but likely less severe
    > problems. *


    So we're talking about UI problems in general now, or PCLOS?

    > >> But the point is that Rick does not know enough to answer... note how he
    > >> will not even try. *Even he knows he is over his head.

    >
    > > There is no answer.

    >
    > Sure there is... and now I made it clear he did not need to give a yes/no
    > type answer - I was not trying to push him into any type of false dichotomy.


    They're all valid answers then. I could have phrased it either way.

    > >>> I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.

    >
    > >> If you were all users, sure... but you are not. *Clearly the questionwas
    > >> not focused on you as the user but users in general.

    >
    > > Are you a user in general? Prove it.

    >
    > What proof do you need of something so obvious: UI inconsistencies of the
    > type being discussed lead to lowering of efficiency, the risk of lost work,
    > and a greater number of "user" errors. *Sure, I have seen the studies and
    > done some myself - but frankly this should be obvious to anyone familiar
    > with computers. *I have to admit to being surprised at how uncommon the
    > knowledge seems to be in COLA. *Heck, even novices generally get it in the
    > real world.
    >


    I don't need proof that UI inconsistencies lower efficiency, I need
    proof that the opinion of one man (you) is valid across the board. But
    this gets back to my original point, one man's trash is another man's
    treasure. You can't ask a multiple choice question like it has a right
    or wrong answer when the question is personal preference. Do I think
    the UI needs work. Definately. Does Rick? Maybe not. You're arguing
    for the sake of arguing. How hard is it to find some links with UI
    inconsistencies and address that?

  14. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    "cc" stated in post
    4b1cdc0a-ec27-4de0-a1f5-2b76801add1a...oglegroups.com on 2/14/08
    5:44 PM:

    >>>>>> Is the UI of PCLOS (pick all that apply):
    >>>>>> A) A combination of different competing UIs, and thus "fractured"
    >>>>>> B) A consistent and good UI that promotes productivity and efficiency
    >>>>>> C) Something that does not matter to the user
    >>>>>> D) Something that matters enough to the user where there is a push
    >>>>>> * *to make programs designed for different environments run
    >>>>>> * *more consistently


    ....
    >>> In your opinion. In mine too. But not in everyone's.

    >>
    >> It is a verifiable fact that such UI problems lead to user errors. I have
    >> done such testing in terms of Windows similar but likely less severe
    >> problems. *

    >
    > So we're talking about UI problems in general now, or PCLOS?


    In the above question I am asking specifically about PCLOS, but the UI
    issues apply to any Linux distro or, really, to any desktop OS. The testing
    I did was based on Windows and Mac OS, but the problems were similar.
    >
    >>>> But the point is that Rick does not know enough to answer... note how he
    >>>> will not even try. *Even he knows he is over his head.

    >>
    >>> There is no answer.

    >>
    >> Sure there is... and now I made it clear he did not need to give a yes/no
    >> type answer - I was not trying to push him into any type of false dichotomy.

    >
    > They're all valid answers then. I could have phrased it either way.


    I disagree but if he agrees with you then his explanatory text could have
    been interesting.

    >>>>> I'll say C, because I don't give a **** about PCLOS.

    >>
    >>>> If you were all users, sure... but you are not. *Clearly the question was
    >>>> not focused on you as the user but users in general.

    >>
    >>> Are you a user in general? Prove it.

    >>
    >> What proof do you need of something so obvious: UI inconsistencies of the
    >> type being discussed lead to lowering of efficiency, the risk of lost work,
    >> and a greater number of "user" errors. *Sure, I have seen the studies and
    >> done some myself - but frankly this should be obvious to anyone familiar
    >> with computers. *I have to admit to being surprised at how uncommon the
    >> knowledge seems to be in COLA. *Heck, even novices generally get it in the
    >> real world.

    >
    > I don't need proof that UI inconsistencies lower efficiency


    Good. Few people who have spent any reasonable time with a computer do.

    > , I need proof that the opinion of one man (you) is valid across the board.


    I have presented specific screen shots of the inconsistencies... they are
    not merely my "opinion".

    > But this gets back to my original point, one man's trash is another man's
    > treasure. You can't ask a multiple choice question like it has a right or
    > wrong answer when the question is personal preference. Do I think the UI needs
    > work. Definately. Does Rick? Maybe not. You're arguing for the sake of
    > arguing. How hard is it to find some links with UI inconsistencies and address
    > that?


    I have presented such links. Here are some examples:







    Each was presented, initially, with descriptive text of just what problems I
    was referencing.


    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France




  15. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    cc wrote:

    > You're arguing
    > for the sake of arguing.


    He's a troll. That's what trolls do.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  16. Re: Which "advocate" slinks away the most?

    ray wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:54:23 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> ray wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:57:47 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Probably Rex Ballard, but it's hard to say for sure since virtually
    >>>> all cola nuts run away as soon as you ask them for proof of their
    >>>> idiotic lies and claims.
    >>>
    >>> So where is your proof for such an idiotic lie and claim?

    >>
    >> It's in the hundred or more times I've asked Rex for some 3rd party
    >> proof, for which I've received exactly ZERO replies.

    >
    > That constitutes one - hardly "virtually all".


    Here are the "advocate" regs that post often and about Linux, and try to
    fool themselves that they're true OSS believers (except for kier, they're
    just Windows users by day, "advocates" by night):

    Schestowitz
    [H]omer
    Kent
    7
    Ballard
    Kohlmann
    Linonut
    kier

    Only Linonut (mostly) and kier don't post then run from their stupid claims
    and lies about Linux and Windows.



    > You have an overly exaggerated concept of your own self worth.
    > Most of us do not "run away" from much of anything - especially a DooFuS.


    Has nothing to do with me. These fools run away from the truth and the
    facts.



+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3