SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom - Linux

This is a discussion on SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom - Linux ; A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals property and freedom. RL SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux By John Letzing, MarketWatch Last Update: 5:41 PM ET ...

  1. SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    property and freedom.

    RL

    SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007

    SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    company best known for litigation targeting

    SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

  2. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On Sep 15, 10:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    > A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    > property and freedom.

    1. It was not SCO's intellectual property. This came out quite
    clearly in the the SCO v Novell discovery etc. SCO just could not
    produce the evidence.

    2. SCO was unable to present any subtantive evidence worth putting to
    a jury, so any claims that SCO was denied Amendment 7 rights does not
    wash (in any case I would have thought that the Constitution was to
    protect individuals, not corporates).

    3. Novell is entitled not to be defrauded of money that is rightfully
    Novell's.

    4. It is a happy day for those who cherish and uphold the freedoms
    and traditions that made USA a great country.

    > RL
    >
    > SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    > Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    > By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    > Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    > company best known for litigation targeting
    >
    > SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    > interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    > that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

  3. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, peterwn

    wrote
    on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:45:45 -0000
    <1189817145.664802.57090@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>:
    > On Sep 15, 10:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    >> A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    >> property and freedom.

    > 1. It was not SCO's intellectual property. This came out quite
    > clearly in the the SCO v Novell discovery etc. SCO just could not
    > produce the evidence.
    >
    > 2. SCO was unable to present any subtantive evidence worth putting to
    > a jury, so any claims that SCO was denied Amendment 7 rights does not
    > wash (in any case I would have thought that the Constitution was to
    > protect individuals, not corporates).
    >
    > 3. Novell is entitled not to be defrauded of money that is rightfully
    > Novell's.
    >
    > 4. It is a happy day for those who cherish and uphold the freedoms
    > and traditions that made USA a great country.

    5. And it is a rather sad day for SCO, and an even sadder one for
    Microsoft...but should we care here in COLA? :-)

    >> RL
    >>
    >> SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    >> Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    >> By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    >> Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >>
    >> SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    >> company best known for litigation targeting
    >>
    >> SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    >> interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    >> that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

    Oh sure. But that squirt gun looks like it melted
    in IBM's sunlamp. :-) As an art form, it might be
    mildly interesting; as a weapon, it's useless.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. It'll Fix Everything(tm).

  4. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:59:04 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    > property and freedom.

    Since the judge ruled that Novell rather than SCO owns any rights under
    discussion, perhaps you could explain to me WHY.

    > RL
    >

    > SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    > Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    > By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    > Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    > company best known for litigation targeting
    >
    > SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    > interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    > that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

  5. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:59:04 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    > property and freedom.

    You're crying over SCO, a bunch of dishonest shysters who made spurious
    claims to own Linux and Unix? YOu're really a poor excuse for a human
    being, aren't you?

    > RL
    >

    > SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    > Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    > By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    > Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    > company best known for litigation targeting
    >
    > SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    > interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    > that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

    Yeah, sure. SCO is finished. It's about time they realised the game is up.

    --
    Kier

  6. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On Sep 14, 5:45 pm, peterwn wrote:

    Thanks for that clarification Peter. I didn't know SCO was angling
    for a jury trial--sneaky.

    RL

  7. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    "peterwn" schreef in bericht
    news:1189817145.664802.57090@k79g2000hse.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Sep 15, 10:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    >> A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    >> property and freedom.

    > 1. It was not SCO's intellectual property. This came out quite
    > clearly in the the SCO v Novell discovery etc. SCO just could not
    > produce the evidence.
    >
    > 2. SCO was unable to present any subtantive evidence worth putting to
    > a jury, so any claims that SCO was denied Amendment 7 rights does not
    > wash (in any case I would have thought that the Constitution was to
    > protect individuals, not corporates).
    >
    > 3. Novell is entitled not to be defrauded of money that is rightfully
    > Novell's.
    >
    > 4. It is a happy day for those who cherish and uphold the freedoms
    > and traditions that made USA a great country.

    Don't speak ill of dead people

  8. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sep 15, 10:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    >> A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    >> property and freedom.

    > 4. It is a happy day for those who cherish and uphold the freedoms
    > and traditions that made USA a great country.
    >>
    >> SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    >> Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    >> By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    >> Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >>
    >> SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    >> company best known for litigation targeting
    >>
    >> SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    >> interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    >> that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

    Aw c'mon, it was obviously a troll post.

    raylopez99 is about the most clueless person that posts here.

    --
    Tux rox!

  9. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On 14 Sep, 23:59, raylopez99 wrote:
    > A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    > property and freedom.

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    > RL
    >
    > SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    > Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    > By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    > Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    > company best known for litigation targeting
    >
    > SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    > interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    > that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

  10. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Sep 15, 10:59 am, raylopez99 wrote:
    >>> A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    >>> property and freedom.

    >> 4. It is a happy day for those who cherish and uphold the freedoms
    >> and traditions that made USA a great country.
    >>>
    >>> SCO Group files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
    >>> Software company best known for high-profile battle over Linux
    >>> By John Letzing, MarketWatch
    >>> Last Update: 5:41 PM ET Sep 14, 2007
    >>>
    >>> SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- SCO Group Inc., the embattled software
    >>> company best known for litigation targeting
    >>>
    >>> SCO has not hesitated to intimidate the open-source community -- in an
    >>> interview late last month, SCO Chief Executive Darl McBride warned
    >>> that Linux software still remains "squarely in the cross-hairs."

    > Aw c'mon, it was obviously a troll post.
    >
    > raylopez99 is about the most clueless person that posts here.

    Well, OxRetard beats him hands down
    --
    Hardware, n.:
    The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

  11. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:59:04 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    >A sad day for those that cherish the upholding of intellectuals
    >property and freedom.
    >
    >RL

    MOOOOOO HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

  12. Re: SCO in Chap 11: a sad day for freedom

    Kier wrote:

    >Yeah, sure. SCO is finished. It's about time they realised the game is up.

    Yah!

+ Reply to Thread