[News] New Free Software Certification Created - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] New Free Software Certification Created - Linux ; New FOSS certification for non profit sector ,----[ Quote ] | As part of the work for the UK ICT Hub's FOSS in the Voluntary and Community | Sector (VCS) project we are developing a new certification for FOSS use ...

  1. [News] New Free Software Certification Created

    New FOSS certification for non profit sector

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As part of the work for the UK ICT Hub's FOSS in the Voluntary and Community
    | Sector (VCS) project we are developing a new certification for FOSS use by
    | not for profits, Free and Open Source Knowledge (FOSK).
    `----

    http://www.linuxmednews.com/1189609449

    Related:

    Linux Professional Institute Certification Exams Top 150,000 Worldwide

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Jim Lacey, President and CEO of the Linux Professional Institute noted the
    | organization's notable growth in the last two years: "In February 2005, five
    | years after our program's inception, we announced that we had achieved 75,000
    | exams worldwide. In half that time we have doubled the number. *
    `----

    http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9985.html

    Linux Professional Institute Announces New Training Partners around the World

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Alain Abreo of Net Security Solutions in Colombia emphasized the
    | importance of LPI certification as part of an overall training
    | strategy: "Open Source and Linux are of increasing importance
    | within the corporate sector in Colombia and there is a real
    | necessity for these companies to have trained professionals.
    | Our alliance with LPI is an important opportunity as it will
    | demonstrate that Colombians have skills and knowledge in Linux
    | which meets world-wide standards."
    `----

    http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9795...25688224225675

  2. Re: [News] New Free Software Certification Created

    > New FOSS certification for non profit sector
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | As part of the work for the UK ICT Hub's FOSS in the Voluntary
    > | and Community Sector (VCS) project we are developing a new
    > | certification for FOSS use by not for profits, Free and Open
    > | Source Knowledge (FOSK).
    > `----

    Hmm, a FOSK engineer? Is that a bit like a SMART engineer?
    (Someone Microsoft Avoids [because he] Realises [the] Truth)?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    20:53:33 up 37 days, 19:48, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.17, 0.26

+ Reply to Thread