Mass Effect to be multi-platform - Linux

This is a discussion on Mass Effect to be multi-platform - Linux ; http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1 For in game video see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SdA...eature=related The Linux port is looking nice too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NWkR7RsFA Things are looking up....

  1. Mass Effect to be multi-platform

  2. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    Hadron wrote:

    > http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1
    >
    > For in game video see here:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SdA...eature=related
    >
    > The Linux port is looking nice too:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NWkR7RsFA
    >
    > Things are looking up.

    This is nice to hear. Linux still has a long way to go in the
    gaming area, but all good news is welcome.

    Thad
    all the ingredients on the label.

  3. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    "There ain't many things a man can't fix
    with $700 dollars and a thirty-aught-six"
    --Attributed to Jeff Cooper.

  4. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1
    >>
    >> For in game video see here:
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SdA...eature=related
    >>
    >> The Linux port is looking nice too:
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NWkR7RsFA
    >>
    >> Things are looking up.

    > This is nice to hear. Linux still has a long way to go in the
    > gaming area, but all good news is welcome.

    I tried nexuiz and its got frame rate of 100. Couple that
    with a 24" eye covering monitor and I physically get dizzy
    because its fluid and as real as real can be.
    There are quite a few like that under Linux.

    I don't know of any windopws games that comes close for high
    speed, high resolution gaming all at the same time.

    > Thad

  5. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    7 writes:

    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1
    >>>
    >>> For in game video see here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SdA...eature=related
    >>>
    >>> The Linux port is looking nice too:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NWkR7RsFA
    >>>
    >>> Things are looking up.

    >> This is nice to hear. Linux still has a long way to go in the
    >> gaming area, but all good news is welcome.

    > I tried nexuiz and its got frame rate of 100. Couple that
    > with a 24" eye covering monitor and I physically get dizzy
    > because its fluid and as real as real can be.
    > There are quite a few like that under Linux.
    >
    > I don't know of any windopws games that comes close for high
    > speed, high resolution gaming all at the same time.

    Yes 7, but that is because you are certifiably insane.

  6. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:40:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > 7 writes:
    >
    >> thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    >>> This is nice to hear. Linux still has a long way to go in the
    >>> gaming area, but all good news is welcome.

    >> I tried nexuiz and its got frame rate of 100. Couple that
    >> with a 24" eye covering monitor and I physically get dizzy
    >> because its fluid and as real as real can be.
    >> There are quite a few like that under Linux.
    >>
    >> I don't know of any windopws games that comes close for high
    >> speed, high resolution gaming all at the same time.

    > Yes 7, but that is because you are certifiably insane.

    He's getting dizzy from all the propellants he keeps huffing.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com spake thusly:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080212/20080212005536.html?.v=1
    >>>
    >>> For in game video see here:

    > IOW this is more of Quack's typical "advocacy".

    "idiovocacy"? "idiocacy"?

    Speaking of idiots...

    --
    There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like PCs. But
    there's no-one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft.

  8. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    [H]omer wrote:

    > If you'd followed the links then you'd have discovered that this is just
    > Hardon Quirk's juvenile attempt at humour. The "Linux port" is in fact a
    > video of X-Moto (the Trolls' typical Straw Man example used for claiming
    > that there are no decent games for Linux), and the "multi-platforms" are
    > two Microsoft platforms. IOW this is more of Quack's typical "advocacy".

    Silly me, I thought maybe Hadron was doing some honest advocacy and
    never bothered to follow the links. Don't I feel foolish.

    Thad
    all the ingredients on the label.

  9. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com writes:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >> If you'd followed the links then you'd have discovered that this is just
    >> Hardon Quirk's juvenile attempt at humour. The "Linux port" is in fact a
    >> video of X-Moto (the Trolls' typical Straw Man example used for claiming
    >> that there are no decent games for Linux), and the "multi-platforms" are
    >> two Microsoft platforms. IOW this is more of Quack's typical "advocacy".

    > Silly me, I thought maybe Hadron was doing some honest advocacy and
    > never bothered to follow the links. Don't I feel foolish.
    >
    > Thad

    Sorry Thad, but I know you like games more than most and I couldn't
    resist :-;

  10. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:38:16 -0600, thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >> If you'd followed the links then you'd have discovered that this is just
    >> Hardon Quirk's juvenile attempt at humour. The "Linux port" is in fact a
    >> video of X-Moto (the Trolls' typical Straw Man example used for claiming
    >> that there are no decent games for Linux), and the "multi-platforms" are
    >> two Microsoft platforms. IOW this is more of Quack's typical "advocacy".

    > Silly me, I thought maybe Hadron was doing some honest advocacy and
    > never bothered to follow the links. Don't I feel foolish.
    >
    > Thad

    The real fun is in reading the comments posted by the Linux fanbois....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >> If you'd followed the links then you'd have discovered that this is
    >> just Hardon Quirk's juvenile attempt at humour. The "Linux port" is
    >> in fact a video of X-Moto (the Trolls' typical Straw Man example
    >> used for claiming that there are no decent games for Linux),

    Straw man? [C]lown wishes it was a straw man - then he wouldn't feel the
    burning shame that flushes across his whole body when he sees X-Moto in
    action.

    I came across X-Moto when it was promoted by Linux Format magazine as a Hot
    Pick game in their Christmas 2006 issue, page 73. It's provided raucous
    laughter ever since.

    http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg

    LMAO!!!

    > Silly me, I thought maybe Hadron was doing some honest advocacy

    "Honest Linux advocacy" is the biggest oxymoron there could ever be.

  12. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    "DFS" writes:

    > thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:
    >> [H]omer wrote:
    >>>
    >>> If you'd followed the links then you'd have discovered that this is
    >>> just Hardon Quirk's juvenile attempt at humour. The "Linux port" is
    >>> in fact a video of X-Moto (the Trolls' typical Straw Man example
    >>> used for claiming that there are no decent games for Linux),

    > Straw man? [C]lown wishes it was a straw man - then he wouldn't feel the
    > burning shame that flushes across his whole body when he sees X-Moto in
    > action.
    >
    > I came across X-Moto when it was promoted by Linux Format magazine as a Hot
    > Pick game in their Christmas 2006 issue, page 73. It's provided raucous
    > laughter ever since.
    >
    > http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >
    > LMAO!!!

    Did you read the comments on the doctored demo of l33t "trix"?

    megaLOL!!!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzgc...eature=related

    "Iam a MEGA fan of XMOTO, I have it at my school"

    What freaks me the most about the freaks who record these is that, well,
    they bother too . here's a nice one with "roxx" Nivarna added on for the
    "megaLOL" action:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj88k...eature=related

    I mean, how many times can one watch that awful cyclics do a 360?

  13. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:42:36 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com wrote:

    >> Straw man? [C]lown wishes it was a straw man - then he wouldn't feel the
    >> burning shame that flushes across his whole body when he sees X-Moto in
    >> action.
    >>
    >> I came across X-Moto when it was promoted by Linux Format magazine as a Hot
    >> Pick game in their Christmas 2006 issue, page 73. It's provided raucous
    >> laughter ever since.
    >>
    >> http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >>
    >> LMAO!!!

    > Did you read the comments on the doctored demo of l33t "trix"?
    >
    > megaLOL!!!!!
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzgc...eature=related
    >
    > "Iam a MEGA fan of XMOTO, I have it at my school"
    >
    > What freaks me the most about the freaks who record these is that, well,
    > they bother too . here's a nice one with "roxx" Nivarna added on for the
    > "megaLOL" action:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj88k...eature=related
    >
    > I mean, how many times can one watch that awful cyclics do a 360?

    It never ceases to amaze me how the Linux loons are so willing to settle
    for junk just to use Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Mass Effect to be multi-platform

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:42:36 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzgc...eature=related
    >>
    >> "Iam a MEGA fan of XMOTO, I have it at my school"
    >>
    >> What freaks me the most about the freaks who record these is that,
    >> well, they bother too . here's a nice one with "roxx" Nivarna added
    >> on for the "megaLOL" action:
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj88k...eature=related
    >>
    >> I mean, how many times can one watch that awful cyclics do a 360?

    ha! It's unbelievably bad (and so it shouldn't be surprising it was a Linux
    Format Hot Pick! a year ago. Those guys are scary at picking games.).

    An X-Moto rider can compress and decompress, and the entire rider and cycle
    jumps 25 feet straight up? wtf? It has nothing to do with motorcycling
    really - it's just a poorly programmed toy that breaks every law of physics,
    and looks crappy while doing it.

    > It never ceases to amaze me how the Linux loons are so willing to
    > settle for junk just to use Linux.

    Then they get used to the junk, and start defending it. It's sad.

+ Reply to Thread