News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux

This is a discussion on News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux ; Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids and the freaks that do Linux programming. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

  1. News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    and the freaks that do Linux programming.

    RL

    Motorola says it's cutting back on operating systems

    By Aude Lagorce
    Feb 11, 2008 13:48:00 (ET)

    BARCELONA (MarketWatch) -- As part of its effort to get its mobile
    phone business back on track, Motorola Inc. is reducing the number of
    operating systems it supports, a senior executive told MarketWatch in
    an interview on Monday.

    Speaking on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress, the telecom
    industry's largest annual gathering, Donald McLellan, senior vice
    president for M&A and strategy, said the goal is for users to have the
    best experience possible without worrying about the platform.

    Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    operating systems built around openness.

    "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    further in that direction," McLellan said.

    Motorola has in the past 18 months come under fire from analysts for
    not fixing its software issues and cutting down on the number of
    platforms it supports. The software problems are a big part of the
    reason why the latest Motorola handsets have failed to replicate the
    success of its bestselling RAZR.

    Analysts noted that it's taken Motorola longer than its competitors
    tackle its software issues.

    "Even Samsung has moved towards more simplicity and started
    consolidating its platforms," said Geoff Blaber, a senior analyst with
    U.K.-based telecoms consultancy CCS Insight.

  2. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:

    > Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    > by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    operating systems built around openness.

    "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    further in that direction," McLellan said.

    So guess it's Symbian or MS for the elbow. But since Symbian has already
    proved its worth in the mobile market that only leaves MS, don't it?

  3. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800 (PST), raylopez99 wrote:

    > Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    > supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    > want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    > and the freaks that do Linux programming.
    >
    > RL
    >
    > Motorola says it's cutting back on operating systems
    >
    > By Aude Lagorce
    > Feb 11, 2008 13:48:00 (ET)
    >
    > BARCELONA (MarketWatch) -- As part of its effort to get its mobile
    > phone business back on track, Motorola Inc. is reducing the number of
    > operating systems it supports, a senior executive told MarketWatch in
    > an interview on Monday.
    >
    > Speaking on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress, the telecom
    > industry's largest annual gathering, Donald McLellan, senior vice
    > president for M&A and strategy, said the goal is for users to have the
    > best experience possible without worrying about the platform.
    >
    > Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    > Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    > plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    > operating systems built around openness.
    >
    > "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > further in that direction," McLellan said.
    >
    > Motorola has in the past 18 months come under fire from analysts for
    > not fixing its software issues and cutting down on the number of
    > platforms it supports. The software problems are a big part of the
    > reason why the latest Motorola handsets have failed to replicate the
    > success of its bestselling RAZR.
    >
    > Analysts noted that it's taken Motorola longer than its competitors
    > tackle its software issues.
    >
    > "Even Samsung has moved towards more simplicity and started
    > consolidating its platforms," said Geoff Blaber, a senior analyst with
    > U.K.-based telecoms consultancy CCS Insight.

    Microsoft is the goner.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    > supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    > want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    > and the freaks that do Linux programming.

    I'm not sure the Motorola developers will like you calling them freaks.

    As for you bet, did you read the article at all? Do did you miss this quote:
    "Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    operating systems built around openness."

    > RL

    (article snipped)

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Windowps from handsets

    Spliffing Asstroturfer raylopez99 Fraudulently wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    > supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    > want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    > and the freaks that do Linux programming.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!!!

    You can't read you dumb fsck!

    They are gonna drop windopws - like everyone else, and move
    to open source products. The windummy OS is not open source!!!

    > RL
    >
    > Motorola says it's cutting back on operating systems
    >
    > By Aude Lagorce
    > Feb 11, 2008 13:48:00 (ET)
    >
    > BARCELONA (MarketWatch) -- As part of its effort to get its mobile
    > phone business back on track, Motorola Inc. is reducing the number of
    > operating systems it supports, a senior executive told MarketWatch in
    > an interview on Monday.
    >
    > Speaking on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress, the telecom
    > industry's largest annual gathering, Donald McLellan, senior vice
    > president for M&A and strategy, said the goal is for users to have the
    > best experience possible without worrying about the platform.
    >
    > Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    > Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    > plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    > operating systems built around openness.
    >
    > "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > further in that direction," McLellan said.
    >
    > Motorola has in the past 18 months come under fire from analysts for
    > not fixing its software issues and cutting down on the number of
    > platforms it supports. The software problems are a big part of the
    > reason why the latest Motorola handsets have failed to replicate the
    > success of its bestselling RAZR.
    >
    > Analysts noted that it's taken Motorola longer than its competitors
    > tackle its software issues.
    >
    > "Even Samsung has moved towards more simplicity and started
    > consolidating its platforms," said Geoff Blaber, a senior analyst with
    > U.K.-based telecoms consultancy CCS Insight.

  6. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Windowps from handsets

    7 wrote:

    > Spliffing Asstroturfer raylopez99 Fraudulently wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    >> supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    >> want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    >> and the freaks that do Linux programming.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!!!
    >
    > You can't read you dumb fsck!
    >
    > They are gonna drop windopws - like everyone else, and move
    > to open source products. The windummy OS is not open source!!!

    Hilarious!

    Raylopez99 has just shot himself in the foot (again) :-)

    Is he the owner of the "Shoot yourself in the foot" patent, or what?

    Uhm... I mean, I'm neither a native English speaker, but the story is
    crystal clear. It's bye bye Mickeysoft...

    Oh, happy day ;-)

    >> RL
    >>
    >> Motorola says it's cutting back on operating systems
    >>
    >> By Aude Lagorce
    >> Feb 11, 2008 13:48:00 (ET)
    >>
    >> BARCELONA (MarketWatch) -- As part of its effort to get its mobile
    >> phone business back on track, Motorola Inc. is reducing the number of
    >> operating systems it supports, a senior executive told MarketWatch in
    >> an interview on Monday.
    >>
    >> Speaking on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress, the telecom
    >> industry's largest annual gathering, Donald McLellan, senior vice
    >> president for M&A and strategy, said the goal is for users to have the
    >> best experience possible without worrying about the platform.
    >>
    >> Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    >> Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    >> plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    >> operating systems built around openness.
    >>
    >> "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    >> applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    >> further in that direction," McLellan said.
    >>
    >> Motorola has in the past 18 months come under fire from analysts for
    >> not fixing its software issues and cutting down on the number of
    >> platforms it supports. The software problems are a big part of the
    >> reason why the latest Motorola handsets have failed to replicate the
    >> success of its bestselling RAZR.
    >>
    >> Analysts noted that it's taken Motorola longer than its competitors
    >> tackle its software issues.
    >>
    >> "Even Samsung has moved towards more simplicity and started
    >> consolidating its platforms," said Geoff Blaber, a senior analyst with
    >> U.K.-based telecoms consultancy CCS Insight.

    Kewl :-)

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800 (PST), raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently
    >> supported by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They
    >> want competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids
    >> and the freaks that do Linux programming.
    >>
    >> RL
    >>
    >> Motorola says it's cutting back on operating systems
    >>
    >> By Aude Lagorce
    >> Feb 11, 2008 13:48:00 (ET)
    >>
    >> BARCELONA (MarketWatch) -- As part of its effort to get its mobile
    >> phone business back on track, Motorola Inc. is reducing the number of
    >> operating systems it supports, a senior executive told MarketWatch in
    >> an interview on Monday.
    >>
    >> Speaking on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress, the telecom
    >> industry's largest annual gathering, Donald McLellan, senior vice
    >> president for M&A and strategy, said the goal is for users to have the
    >> best experience possible without worrying about the platform.
    >>
    >> Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    >> Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    >> plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    >> operating systems built around openness.
    >>
    >> "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    >> applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    >> further in that direction," McLellan said.
    >>
    >> Motorola has in the past 18 months come under fire from analysts for
    >> not fixing its software issues and cutting down on the number of
    >> platforms it supports. The software problems are a big part of the
    >> reason why the latest Motorola handsets have failed to replicate the
    >> success of its bestselling RAZR.
    >>
    >> Analysts noted that it's taken Motorola longer than its competitors
    >> tackle its software issues.
    >>
    >> "Even Samsung has moved towards more simplicity and started
    >> consolidating its platforms," said Geoff Blaber, a senior analyst with
    >> U.K.-based telecoms consultancy CCS Insight.

    > Microsoft is the goner.

    Wow... Moshe... you amaze me. Indeed, msft is a goner...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  8. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > Read the below story carefully.

    Read below carefully:

    **** YOU

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Are dog biscuits made from collie flour?

  9. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:11:58 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Microsoft is the goner.

    I would think Symbian is, but it could be Microsoft. I guess it would
    depend on which which phones sold better.

  10. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    Robin T Cox wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    >> by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    > That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    Link to the original article:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...A2E4AAE9E15%7D

    > Motorola (MOT, Trade ), which supports Linux, Symbian and Microsoft
    > Corp.'s (MSFT, Trade ) Windows Mobile among other operating systems,
    > plans to reduce software complexity and focus on supporting phone
    > operating systems built around openness.
    >
    > "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > further in that direction," McLellan said.
    >

    > So guess it's Symbian or MS for the elbow. But since Symbian has already
    > proved its worth in the mobile market that only leaves MS, don't it?

    Looks like Motorola has a fourth OS not mentioned in the article?
    Marketwatch is not a technical publication.

    http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/...w/Software.htm

    http://www.vnunet.com/computeractive...krzr-k1-mobile
    > It looks good, then, but how does it work? Motorola's operating system is supposedly improved, but if so, it's not really noticeable. It's still clunky and long-winded in many respects.

  11. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Feb 12, 12:01*am, Matt wrote:

    > > The Motorola Krzr K1m runs a proprietary operating system that has been used on Motorola phones for years without a major update. This operating system is starting to show its age and we hope that Motorola finally rolls out its newer linux based operating system soon.

    > http://www.vnunet.com/computeractive...eview-motorola...
    >

    > > It looks good, then, but how does it work? Motorola's operating system is supposedly improved, but if so, it's not really noticeable. It's still clunky and long-winded

    Thanks Matt, nice catch.

    The Linux cultists fell for my clever bait, wrongly assuming that
    Linux is the default choice. Actually, as we speak I would not be
    surprised if MSFT reps are negotiating aggressively with MOT to place
    Windows Mobile OS into MOT phones--even perhaps offering to underwrite
    the programming. MSFT reps are good at closing a deal--recall how
    they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in supply the Nigerian
    government with Windows when they had initially decided on Linux.

    MSFT, what a sound company and a buy at today's price.

    RL

  12. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > The Linux cultists fell for my clever bait, wrongly assuming that
    > Linux is the default choice.

    What CLEVER BAIT?
    You mean your subject line? "Motorola to drop linux from handsets"?

    You truly are a piece of work, lopez.
    Wouldn't be surprised if even the wintrolls shun you for the stupidity
    you've unleashed in this thread.

    > MSFT, what a sound company and a buy at today's price.

    Ah, has it become quite affordable recently?
    Hint: You buy shares that're going UP.

    Check their stock price for over the long term, from 1990 onwards?
    Notice that rise that ended around 2000?
    Notice the fall they then never got out of?
    They're wallowing on a plateau, the only way for them now unless they can
    come up with something people want (which vista most certainly is not)... Is
    down.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  13. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    I was right--MSFT apparently has already signed up MOT with its
    Windows Mobile OS, see the last line below ("recently won over").

    RL

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/te...ref=technology

    SAN FRANCISCO -- Microsoft said on Monday it would acquire Danger, a
    maker of consumer smartphones, an indication that the software giant
    is quickly moving to expand its mobile strategy.

    The acquisition came after an on-again, off-again series of talks with
    Danger, based in Palo Alto, Calif., beginning in the middle of last
    year. According to a person familiar with the negotiations, Microsoft
    ultimately doubled what it was willing to pay to keep Danger out of
    the hands of other suitors, including Google.

    Terms of the purchase were not disclosed.

    The transaction is evidence of the accelerating shift away from the
    personal computer and toward a proliferating array of hand-held
    devices that can access information and entertainment on the
    Internet.

    The rapid emergence of this capability is likely to have the same
    impact on the popularity of smartphones as the rise of the graphical
    user interface had on the personal computer industry. Microsoft, based
    in Redmond, Wash., and which dominates the PC market, wants to be a
    leader in this new market for the hand-held computers.

    After stumbling for years in the mobile phone business with its
    Windows Mobile software, Microsoft has recently won over Palm,
    Motorola and other cellphone makers.

  14. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 02:22:53 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Feb 12, 12:01*am, Matt wrote:
    >>
    >> > The Motorola Krzr K1m runs a proprietary operating system that has
    >> > been used on Motorola phones for years without a major update. This
    >> > operating system is starting to show its age and we hope that
    >> > Motorola finally rolls out its newer linux based operating system
    >> > soon.

    >> http://www.vnunet.com/computeractive...167240/review-

    motorola...

    >> > It looks good, then, but how does it work? Motorola's operating
    >> > system is supposedly improved, but if so, it's not really noticeable.
    >> > It's still clunky and long-winded

    > Thanks Matt, nice catch.
    >
    > The Linux cultists fell for my clever bait, wrongly assuming that Linux
    > is the default choice.

    Actually, the Linux users seem to be reacting to your words that named
    Linux as the OS that would be dropped.:" Read the below story carefully.
    Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux. They want
    competently written code from professionals, not hackers, kids and the
    freaks that do Linux programming."

    > Actually, as we speak I would not be surprised
    > if MSFT reps are negotiating aggressively with MOT to place Windows
    > Mobile OS into MOT phones--even perhaps offering to underwrite the
    > programming. MSFT reps are good at closing a deal--recall how they
    > snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in supply the Nigerian
    > government with Windows when they had initially decided on Linux.
    >
    > MSFT, what a sound company and a buy at today's price.

    Microsoft, what a dishonest, immoral and unethical company at any price.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > The transaction is evidence of the accelerating shift away from the
    > personal computer and toward a proliferating array of hand-held
    > devices that can access information and entertainment on the
    > Internet.

    They tried that before, moving away from the PC, remember?
    How much have they lost to the Xbox/Xbox360 now?

    > The rapid emergence of this capability is likely to have the same
    > impact on the popularity of smartphones as the rise of the graphical
    > user interface had on the personal computer industry.

    Bull****.
    Microsoft got a legup on the computer operating system side by the biggest
    player in the business. Without IBM's rather naive deal, microsoft would've
    still been peddling BASIC now.

    They're VERY late to the internet (after all, it's just a fad, right?) and
    rather late to the smartphone business. Nothing they can come up with in
    smartphones would be considered "innovative".

    Microsoft, based
    > in Redmond, Wash., and which dominates the PC market, wants to be a
    > leader in this new market for the hand-held computers.

    They're too late, the most they can hope for is a niche.

    > After stumbling for years in the mobile phone business with its
    > Windows Mobile software, Microsoft has recently won over Palm,
    > Motorola and other cellphone makers.

    Won over how exactly? They don't even make smartphones yet.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  16. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Feb 12, 3:10*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    [Biased advocacy deleted]

    By now I hope you realize that with your selective quoting, ignoring
    of facts, and general idiocy, you're as big an idiot as I am. But
    there's a key difference: I am a MSFT shareholder and my investment
    depends on Windows staying a monopoly. My advocacy mean$ more dollar$
    in my pocket$.

    What's your excuse? If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    using it--you and the other 1%.

    RL

  17. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    Robin T Cox wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    >> by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    > That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

  18. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On Feb 12, 3:10 am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > [Biased advocacy deleted]
    >
    > By now I hope you realize that with your selective quoting, ignoring
    > of facts, and general idiocy, you're as big an idiot as I am. But
    > there's a key difference: I am a MSFT shareholder and my investment
    > depends on Windows staying a monopoly. My advocacy mean$ more dollar$
    > in my pocket$.
    >
    > What's your excuse? If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    > using it--you and the other 1%.

    I will.

    > RL

    Have you thought about using a signature delimiter?
    --
    Rick

  19. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > On Feb 12, 3:10*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > [Biased advocacy deleted]

    Yeah riiight, like yours was pure unbiassed unadulterated truth.
    HA HA... HA.

    > By now I hope you realize that with your selective quoting, ignoring
    > of facts

    What facts? Check the subject line?
    What selective quoting? I quote what I respond to. I snip the rest.
    It's called good usenet practice.
    Try it sometime.

    >, and general idiocy, you're as big an idiot as I am.

    Not by a long chalk...

    > But
    > there's a key difference: I am a MSFT shareholder and my investment
    > depends on Windows staying a monopoly.

    SELL! SELL! SELL!
    Um... why didn't you sell when it peaked in 2000? You lost a fortune!

    > My advocacy mean$ more dollar$ in my pocket$.

    No...
    It doesn't.
    It doesn't mean a thing.
    You couldn't harm linux if you tried, there's nothing you could do to put
    people off because you're a known quantity now. Everyone knows what a troll
    you are.

    > What's your excuse?

    My excuse? I don't need monetary incentive to stomp on lying scum like you,
    I do it because I enjoy using linux and believe that it deserves to be used
    by more people. Your excuse is pure greed.

    > If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    > using it--you and the other 1%.

    I do by golly using it, whatever that means.
    And it's more than 1%, no matter how much you want to rail and whinge and
    whine and fight the inevitable, that microsoft share plateau can only last
    so long. It took them 5 years to produce their most hated product since
    microsoft bob. If it takes them ANOTHER 5 years to come out with something
    people might like, imagine what that'll do with their share price...

    So, if you're only motivated by greed, why don't you do the sensible thing?
    Sell microsoft before if falls anymore (you were a fool for not selling when
    it reached its peak in the first place), and buy some stock in a better
    investment.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  20. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    Matt did eloquently scribble:
    > Robin T Cox wrote:
    >> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    >>> by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    >> That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    > The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    > subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    Or just... change the subject line?
    Like... say....

    this?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast