News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux

This is a discussion on News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux ; On 2008-02-12 16:17, raylopez99 wrote: > ... > If Linux is so great, then by golly continue > using it--you and the other 1%. > > RL If market shares is so important for Microsoft lovers, so it's used as ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

  1. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On 2008-02-12 16:17, raylopez99 wrote:

    > If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    > using it--you and the other 1%.
    >
    > RL

    If market shares is so important for Microsoft lovers, so
    it's used as a proof for be the best choice , why is not
    Symbian the best choice as a mobile OS?

    How big is windows mobile ?
    Any way, it can't be good since so few use it.

    /bb

  2. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    birre writes:

    > On 2008-02-12 16:17, raylopez99 wrote:

    >> If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    >> using it--you and the other 1%.
    >>
    >> RL

    > If market shares is so important for Microsoft lovers, so
    > it's used as a proof for be the best choice , why is not
    > Symbian the best choice as a mobile OS?

    It probably is if the most companies use it ....

    Ask people what "OS" their phone uses. Most will think you're mad.

  3. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:26:09 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> Posit all you like, they're committed to open source, so it's one of the
    >>> PROPRIETORY, let's say that again shall we? PRO PRI E TO REEEEE operating
    >>> systems that IS ON THE WAY OUT AND NOT LINUX.

    >> Linux can't be on the way out because it was never in.

    >>> GODS, are you being deliberately dense or does it come naturally?

    >> There is only one God.

    > There isn't even one.

    Quite. Some of us don't some mythical spirit to lean on, nor do we need some
    mythical being to blame when things go wrong "Will of god..." "God's
    will"... "In the name of allah" etc.

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008,

  4. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:

    >> If Linux is so great, then by golly continue
    >> using it--you and the other 1%.

    > I do by golly using it, whatever that means.
    > And it's more than 1%, no matter how much you want to rail and whinge and
    > whine and fight the inevitable, that microsoft share plateau can only last
    > so long. It took them 5 years to produce their most hated product since
    > microsoft bob. If it takes them ANOTHER 5 years to come out with something
    > people might like, imagine what that'll do with their share price...

    *If* linux has only 1% of users, as Dopez99 claims, then WTF are the wintrolls
    worried about? They have no need to be in here, have they. :-)

    Oh, but Dopez99 could get it downloaded & installed properly, could he. So he's
    just a bitter & twisted sad win-troll trying to make a point, & failing
    miserably.

    > So, if you're only motivated by greed, why don't you do the sensible thing?
    > Sell microsoft before if falls anymore (you were a fool for not selling when
    > it reached its peak in the first place),

    Yes, but it's the greed you see. They forget that "the value of shares can fall
    as well as rise", & by heck those are *falling*!

    "Oh dear, what a shame! Never mind" - Battery-Sgt-Major Williams

    --
    Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
    Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008,
    Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.
    -- On 64bit systems --

  5. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > On Feb 14, 2:44*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:

    >> > I suspect that someday you will regret that position.
    >> > But to each her own.

    >> I suspect you're wrong. I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny either,
    >> but I still get the odd present at those pagan festive times.

    > Pascal's Wager arse-whole.

    Pascal's wager is utter bunk.

    If a god does exist, and you only pray and worship him because you know that
    not believing in him results in eternal torment... This is god we're talking
    about... All knowing, all seeing?

    You think he doesn't know how you feel deep down, that you don't REALLY
    believe in him but you're just hedging your bets?

    I think he's likely to look down on that more than someone who's honest in
    their convictions.

    >> Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    >> ousted the old religion, right...?
    >>

    > No. It tried in Japan and failed. Any more history lessons needed,
    > stupid-university-athiest?

    >> So... what made christianity any more right than the previous one? What
    >> makes you think, if there is a god, it's not zeus or odin that's looking
    >> down shaking his head at humanity's stupidity?
    >>

    > Maybe it is. Why don't you worship with the pagans at Stonehedge?
    > It's better than nothing, which is your fate now.

    It's my "fate" no matter what I do, so why would I want to waste my time on
    worshipping pixies? It's the only time I've got, I'm not going to waste it
    on **** like that.

    >> So, quite frankly, you're in just as much (if not more) danger of picking
    >> the wrong god to worship as I am choosing not to believe in pixies and fairy
    >> dust in the first place.
    >> --
    >>

    > Pascal's wager, fool.

    See above.
    Utter bunk.
    Flawed premise.

  6. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    William Poaster did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Linux can't be on the way out because it was never in.

    >>> There is only one God.

    >> There isn't even one.

    > Quite. Some of us don't some mythical spirit to lean on, nor do we need some
    > mythical being to blame when things go wrong "Will of god..." "God's
    > will"... "In the name of allah" etc.

    And the classic insurance get-out clause... Don't forget "act of god".

  7. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:

    > Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    > by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    [...]
    > "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > further in that direction," McLellan said.

    You're a retard.

    -Thufir

  8. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:14:25 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    > *If* linux has only 1% of users, as Dopez99 claims, then WTF are the wintrolls
    > worried about? They have no need to be in here, have they. :-)

    You miss the point Willy filters.
    Nobody in COLA is worried about Linux gaining market share, except maybe
    Microsoft.
    Here in COLA we just like to observe and laugh at Linux loony toons like
    you and the gang!

    If Linux happens to gain another 0.0005 percent of the desktop market,
    that's fine.
    Competition is good for the industry.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 14, 6:02*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:

    > >> I suspect you're wrong. I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny either,
    > >> but I still get the odd present at those pagan festive times.

    > > Pascal's Wager arse-whole. *

    > Pascal's wager is utter bunk.
    >
    > If a god does exist, and you only pray and worship him because you know that
    > not believing in him results in eternal torment... This is god we're talking
    > about... All knowing, all seeing?

    > You think he doesn't know how you feel deep down, that you don't REALLY
    > believe in him but you're just hedging your bets?

    This was answered by Luther during the Reformation. Talk to a
    Calvinist. I see you are hurting inside, due to your sinful athiest
    ways. Not too late to turn to Christ, before you get hit by a beer
    truck crossing the street from a night getting drunk at the pub (i.e.,
    your usual evening out).

    > I think he's likely to look down on that more than someone who's honest in
    > their convictions.

    Yes, you're right. Now turn to Jesus fool before you're struck down
    before your time and burn in hell. BTW I mean to say "Pascal's Wager,
    Loser", not "Fool"--my bad.

    > >> Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    > >> ousted the old religion, right...?

    [Repetitious stuff deleted]

    You're gonna burn boy. Better repent.

    RL

  10. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > This was answered by Luther during the Reformation. Talk to a
    > Calvinist. I see you are hurting inside, due to your sinful athiest
    > ways.

    Oh dear...
    Just what we need...
    Everyone who's an atheist is "hurting inside"
    Lopez has shown his true colours and is actually more of a brainwashed
    moron than anyone could've possibly imagined... he's turned bible thumper
    extreme.

    > Not too late to turn to Christ, before you get hit by a beer
    > truck crossing the street from a night getting drunk at the pub (i.e.,
    > your usual evening out).

    Is it really possible to get drunk off 2 bottles of newcastle brown ale a
    week (maximum)?

    Wow! must be highest proof stuff than they sell over here.

    >> I think he's likely to look down on that more than someone who's honest in
    >> their convictions.

    > Yes, you're right. Now turn to Jesus fool before you're struck down
    > before your time and burn in hell. BTW I mean to say "Pascal's Wager,
    > Loser", not "Fool"--my bad.

    Pascal's wager = bunk, moron.
    Can't you read?
    If a god exists he knows what's "in your heart".
    The whole concept of a supreme being is just utterly ludicrous however.
    So enjoy wasting your time going to church and thumping bibles, you're not
    going to convert anyone here, that's for sure.

    > [Repetitious stuff deleted]

    > You're gonna burn boy. Better repent.

    blah
    blah
    blah

    Religious trolling... possibly.. the most boring trolling... in the world.

  11. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 14, 11:16*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    >
    > > This was answered by Luther during the Reformation. *Talk to a
    > > Calvinist. *I see you are hurting inside, due to your sinful athiest
    > > ways.

    > Oh dear...
    > Just what we need...
    > Everyone who's an atheist is "hurting inside"

    Freudian slip eh?

    > > Not too late to turn to Christ, before you get hit by a beer
    > > truck crossing the street from a night getting drunk at the pub (i.e.,
    > > your usual evening out).

    > Is it really possible to get drunk off 2 bottles of newcastle brown ale a
    > week (maximum)?

    A week? What, you drink on Fast Wednesdays and Good Friday?
    Newcastle...not a bad beer, if you don't mind that nutmeg taste. A
    novelty beer IMO.

    > >> I think he's likely to look down on that more than someone who's honestin
    > >> their convictions.

    > > Yes, you're right. *Now turn to Jesus fool before you're struck down
    > > before your time and burn in hell. *BTW I mean to say "Pascal's Wager,
    > > Loser", not "Fool"--my bad.

    > Pascal's wager = bunk, moron.
    > Can't you read?
    > If a god exists he knows what's "in your heart".

    Like I said, read about Luther and the Reformation. Nutshell
    analysis: according to Luther, once you're 'saved' you can have doubt
    in your heart and God will still accept you in heaven. I'm not a
    Lutherian, but it's not a bad religion.

    > The whole concept of a supreme being is just utterly ludicrous however.
    > So enjoy wasting your time going to church and thumping bibles, you're not
    > going to convert anyone here, that's for sure.

    No, I think I'm turning you. I can feel it in your tentative,
    pleading emails. You're looking for some confirmation of your bias,
    and you're not getting it. By golly, I think I saving a soul here!
    Notwithstanding it's a Linux soul, which is not worth much, but
    there's plenty of room past the Pearly Gates (Gates? like Bill
    Gates!) for us not to run into one another for a couple of million
    years, should it come to that.

    > > [Repetitious stuff deleted]
    > > You're gonna burn boy. *Better repent.

    > blah
    > blah
    > blah

    No, seriously, you're gonna buuurrrn. Not Nero DVD burn either. BURN
    IN HELL. Nero, I don't think they have a Linux version of that fine
    CD/DVD burning program.

    RL

    SSzzzzSzzzhhh. Sizzler!

  12. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:15:40 -0800 (PST),
    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 2:44*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:

    >> > I suspect that someday you will regret that position.
    >> > But to each her own.

    >> I suspect you're wrong. I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny either,
    >> but I still get the odd present at those pagan festive times.

    > Pascal's Wager arse-whole. You'll burn in hell boy. Made the wrong
    > bet, just like with your OS.

    pascal's wager is a poor argument. It assumes that there are only two
    options, that your god exists, or doesn't. It completely ignores the
    possibility that your god doesn't exist, but someone else's does.

    >> Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    >> ousted the old religion, right...?
    >>

    > No. It tried in Japan and failed. Any more history lessons needed,
    > stupid-university-athiest?

    non-sequitur. Spike pointed out that in the areas where christianity
    *successfully* moved in, it did so at the expense of the religions
    that were there. No difference there with any other successful religion,
    but that's a different matter.

    >> So... what made christianity any more right than the previous one? What
    >> makes you think, if there is a god, it's not zeus or odin that's looking
    >> down shaking his head at humanity's stupidity?
    >>

    > Maybe it is. Why don't you worship with the pagans at Stonehedge?
    > It's better than nothing, which is your fate now.

    that's Stonehenge, not Stonehedge.

    And again, your reply was a non-sequitur. You failed to answer Spike's
    question (big surprise, you're not known for supporting your assertions
    or answering even the simple questions. )

    >> So, quite frankly, you're in just as much (if not more) danger of picking
    >> the wrong god to worship as I am choosing not to believe in pixies and fairy
    >> dust in the first place.
    >> --
    >>

    > Pascal's wager, fool. Don't worry though, I think you'll make a
    > deathbed confession and turn to Christ, which will save your soul.
    > Same as the turning to Windows OS you'll make within a decade from
    > now. And you won't ever mention that in your foolish youth you
    > believed in something called "Linux".
    >
    > RL

    as already pointed out, pascal's wager is a thin reed to hold you.

    The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
    -- Hobbes

  13. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
    -- Hobbes

  14. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 14, 3:33*pm, Jim Richardson wrote:
    > pascal's wager is a poor argument. It assumes that there are only two
    > options, that your god exists, or doesn't. It completely ignores the
    > possibility that your god doesn't exist, but someone else's does.

    Not true. Why don't you Wiki it? Pascals Wager assumes no god or
    another's god vs your god. The point being, if your bet is right, you
    get rewarded, at a zero cost. So it's a call option at zero cost, to
    use a gambling / econ term.

    > >> Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    > >> ousted the old religion, right...?

    > > No. *It tried in Japan and failed. *Any more history lessons needed,
    > > stupid-university-athiest?

    > non-sequitur. Spike pointed out that in the areas where christianity
    > *successfully* moved in, it did so at the expense of the religions
    > that were there. No difference there with any other successful religion,
    > but that's a different matter.

    And your point is? "A successful religion succeeds". Wow, you a
    kollege grad? Or maybe a Linux loser/ user.

    RL

  15. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:50:07 -0800 (PST),
    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 3:33*pm, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >> pascal's wager is a poor argument. It assumes that there are only two
    >> options, that your god exists, or doesn't. It completely ignores the
    >> possibility that your god doesn't exist, but someone else's does.

    > Not true. Why don't you Wiki it? Pascals Wager assumes no god or
    > another's god vs your god. The point being, if your bet is right, you
    > get rewarded, at a zero cost. So it's a call option at zero cost, to
    > use a gambling / econ term.

    No, pascal's wager only makes sense if you apply it to *one* deity.
    Unless you were planning on spending all your time evenly dividing your
    "worship" between the possible gods. Even the most dimwitted of deities
    would notice that.

    Pascal's wager is a poor argument, and telling me to "wiki it" is
    evidence that you don't even understand it well enough to defend it!

    >> > No. *It tried in Japan and failed. *Any more history lessons needed,
    >> > stupid-university-athiest?

    >> non-sequitur. Spike pointed out that in the areas where christianity
    >> *successfully* moved in, it did so at the expense of the religions
    >> that were there. No difference there with any other successful religion,
    >> but that's a different matter.

    > And your point is? "A successful religion succeeds". Wow, you a
    > kollege grad? Or maybe a Linux loser/ user.

    Actually, I was pointing out that your answer was (and continues to be)
    simple avoidence of the question being asked.

    Although I am starting to wonder if it's because you really are that
    dumb, rather than just because you are trolling. No matter.

    The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
    -- Hobbes

  16. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > No, I think I'm turning you. I can feel it in your tentative,
    > pleading emails.

    Resorting to deceit now too? Naughty. Your so called god frowns on that
    kinda thing.

    Note to all other readers of this thread: I have never and WILL never sink
    so low as to e-mail this idiot.

  17. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 14, 4:37*pm, Jim Richardson wrote:
    > No, pascal's wager only makes sense if you apply it to *one* deity.
    > Unless you were planning on spending all your time evenly dividing your
    > "worship" between the possible gods. Even the most dimwitted of deities
    > would notice that.

    Not true. Pascal's wager as originally stated by Pascal did not even
    mention the non-existance of god--it just pointed out the benefits of
    belief. But simple logic (which you lack) will tell you that if there
    exist 100 gods, and you pray to one of them, then you have a 1% chance
    of getting to heaven if that god exists. But if you pray to none of
    them, you have a 0% chance. 1% is > 0%, so Pascal's wager is logical.

    Somehow I have a feeling you'll fail to even grasp that fact (1 > 0)
    so I'm signing off this thread for now.

    RL

  18. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > On Feb 14, 4:37*pm, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >> No, pascal's wager only makes sense if you apply it to *one* deity.
    >> Unless you were planning on spending all your time evenly dividing your
    >> "worship" between the possible gods. Even the most dimwitted of deities
    >> would notice that.
    >>

    > Not true. Pascal's wager as originally stated by Pascal did not even
    > mention the non-existance of god--it just pointed out the benefits of
    > belief. But simple logic (which you lack) will tell you that if there
    > exist 100 gods, and you pray to one of them, then you have a 1% chance
    > of getting to heaven if that god exists. But if you pray to none of
    > them, you have a 0% chance. 1% is > 0%, so Pascal's wager is logical.

    You act as if belief in a "god" is something people can choose
    wholeheartedly to do. Your lutherian bunk about pretending to believe being
    enough is utter ****. You fake it, he knows, you die, you go to hell.
    (be your own rules)

    Pascal might've been a genius at maths and science, but if that's the best
    he could come up with theologically, he should have stuck with a subject he
    was good at.

    > Somehow I have a feeling you'll fail to even grasp that fact (1 > 0)
    > so I'm signing off this thread for now.

    Thank ****.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  19. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    * spike1@freenet.co.uk peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > We live in more enlightened times, now...
    > Or most of us do. Science has advanced to the point in can explain most of
    > the mysteries previously attributed to divine intervention.

    Nah. We still live in a "demon-haunted world".

    > But at least if hell does exist, it has all the good musicians.

    That would be sig material!

    How about this one:

    The Devil uses a Windows PC.

    --
    Understand that this is the last physical format there will ever be.
    -- Bill Gates, On Blu-ray. interview The Daily Princetonian (14 Oct 2005)

  20. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > RL

    Why did you lie in your OP, asshole?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly

    Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC