News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux

This is a discussion on News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets - Linux ; On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:01:57 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: > Matt did eloquently scribble: >> Robin T Cox wrote: >>> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote: >>> >>>> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

  1. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:01:57 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Matt did eloquently scribble:
    >> Robin T Cox wrote:

    >>> That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    >> The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    >> subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    > Or just... change the subject line?
    > Like... say....
    >
    > this?

    And Schestowitz does this every single day, multiple times, and nobody says
    a word.
    IOW dodgy Subject Lines.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Matt did eloquently scribble:
    >> Robin T Cox wrote:

    >>> That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    >> The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    >> subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    > Or just... change the subject line?
    > Like... say....
    >
    > this?

    Nope. I mean it's not seen by somebody who just reads the subject lines
    of the first messages of the threads.

  3. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > And Schestowitz does this every single day, multiple times, and nobody says
    > a word.
    > IOW dodgy Subject Lines.

    The subject line on this thread goes beyond dodgy, no?

  4. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    In article <%fjsj.4014$7d1.1080@news01.roc.ny>,
    Matt wrote:

    > Robin T Cox wrote:
    > > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:29:49 -0800, raylopez99 wrote:
    > >
    > >> Read the below story carefully. Which of the 3 OSes currently supported
    > >> by Motorola do you think MOT will drop? I say Linux.

    > > That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    > The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    > subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    Or to put it more concisely, he Schestowitzed us.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 12, 12:12*pm, Matt wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    > > And Schestowitz does this every single day, multiple times, and nobody says
    > > a word.
    > > IOW dodgy Subject Lines.

    > The subject line on this thread goes beyond dodgy, no?

    Not dodgy, it's a fact. As pointed out in this thread MOT uses a non-
    Linux proprietary in-house OS, has recently inked a deal with
    Microsoft to use the MSFT Windows Mobile OS, and therefore, by logical
    extension, will not be using Linux as the next generation OS for their
    mobile phones.

    So, I was right.

    RL

  6. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > Not dodgy, it's a fact. As pointed out in this thread MOT uses a non-
    > Linux proprietary in-house OS, has recently inked a deal with
    > Microsoft to use the MSFT Windows Mobile OS, and therefore, by logical
    > extension, will not be using Linux as the next generation OS for their
    > mobile phones.

    > So, I was right.

    Bull.
    You're utterly incapable of comprehension if you believe that.
    They say quite succincly that they embrace the open source.
    Which means if any OS is going to get kicked out, it's a proprietory one.
    NOT linux.

    LEARN TO READ...
    And when you've done that.
    LEARN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'VE READ.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  7. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:39:15 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:01:57 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Matt did eloquently scribble:

    >>> The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    >>> subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    >> Or just... change the subject line?
    >> Like... say....
    >>
    >> this?

    >And Schestowitz does this every single day, multiple times, and nobody says
    >a word.
    >IOW dodgy Subject Lines.

    Nobody believes a word you ever say, liar.

  8. Re: News story: Motorola to drop Linux from handsets

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:45:19 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <%fjsj.4014$7d1.1080@news01.roc.ny>,
    > Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Robin T Cox wrote:

    >>> That doesn't quite square with the statement further down in your post:

    >> The OP has so far gotten away with deceiving those who only read COLA's
    >> subject lines. The only way to fix that is to start a new thread.

    > Or to put it more concisely, he Schestowitzed us.

    Yep.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:21:41 -0000, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:39:15 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:01:57 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> Matt did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Or just... change the subject line?
    >>> Like... say....
    >>>
    >>> this?

    >>And Schestowitz does this every single day, multiple times, and nobody says
    >>a word.
    >>IOW dodgy Subject Lines.

    > Nobody believes a word you ever say, liar.

    You don't have to believe anything.
    Just look for yourself, if you are indeed capable.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 12, 2:29*pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    >
    > > Not dodgy, it's a fact. *As pointed out in this thread MOT uses a non-
    > > Linux proprietary in-house OS, has recently inked a deal with
    > > Microsoft to use the MSFT Windows Mobile OS, and therefore, by logical
    > > extension, will not be using Linux as the next generation OS for their
    > > mobile phones.
    > > So, I was right.

    > Bull.
    > You're utterly incapable of comprehension if you believe that.
    > They say quite succincly that they embrace the open source.
    > Which means if any OS is going to get kicked out, it's a proprietory one.
    > NOT linux.

    Idiot--re-read the entire thread and acknowledge where I make my
    assumptions. I acknowledge your point--that at FIRST PASS it seems
    Linux is being embraced, but, upon a closer examination and in view of
    the other participants in this thread, it seems that Linux is the odd
    man out. Thesis / antithesis / synthesis.

    Until you learn to engage in back and forth discourse, instead of your
    monothematic "Linux Rulz" mentality, you are a marginal player in the
    OS debate and in Usenet in general. You and your 1%.

    You're dismissed junior.

    RL

  11. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On Feb 12, 2:29 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    >>
    >>> Not dodgy, it's a fact. As pointed out in this thread MOT uses a non-
    >>> Linux proprietary in-house OS, has recently inked a deal with
    >>> Microsoft to use the MSFT Windows Mobile OS, and therefore, by logical
    >>> extension, will not be using Linux as the next generation OS for their
    >>> mobile phones.
    >>> So, I was right.

    >> Bull.
    >> You're utterly incapable of comprehension if you believe that.
    >> They say quite succincly that they embrace the open source.
    >> Which means if any OS is going to get kicked out, it's a proprietory one.
    >> NOT linux.
    >>

    > Idiot--re-read the entire thread and acknowledge where I make my
    > assumptions. I acknowledge your point--that at FIRST PASS it seems
    > Linux is being embraced, but, upon a closer examination and in view of
    > the other participants in this thread,

    If you are referring to my indication of Motorola's own OS, I supposed
    that that was probably the one to be dropped. Of course it may be that
    more than one OS will be dropped. I don't see how you think it's
    possible that Linux is to be dropped given the quote:
    (((((
    > "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > further in that direction," McLellan said.

    )))))

    > it seems that Linux is the odd
    > man out. Thesis / antithesis / synthesis.
    >
    > Until you learn to engage in back and forth discourse, instead of your
    > monothematic "Linux Rulz" mentality, you are a marginal player in the
    > OS debate and in Usenet in general. You and your 1%.
    >
    > You're dismissed junior.
    >
    > RL

  12. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    Matt did eloquently scribble:
    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >> On Feb 12, 2:29 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >>> raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Bull.
    >>> You're utterly incapable of comprehension if you believe that.
    >>> They say quite succincly that they embrace the open source.
    >>> Which means if any OS is going to get kicked out, it's a proprietory one.
    >>> NOT linux.
    >>>

    >> Idiot--re-read the entire thread and acknowledge where I make my
    >> assumptions. I acknowledge your point--that at FIRST PASS it seems
    >> Linux is being embraced, but, upon a closer examination and in view of
    >> the other participants in this thread,

    > If you are referring to my indication of Motorola's own OS, I supposed
    > that that was probably the one to be dropped. Of course it may be that
    > more than one OS will be dropped. I don't see how you think it's
    > possible that Linux is to be dropped given the quote:
    > (((((
    >> "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    >> applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    >> further in that direction," McLellan said.

    > )))))

    I doubt the idiot understood the quote.
    Can't have if he still believes it's linux and not one of the proprietory
    alternatives on the way out.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  13. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 13, 6:44*am, Matt wrote:
    > If you are referring to my indication of Motorola's own OS, I supposed
    > that that was probably the one to be dropped. *Of course it may be that
    > more than one OS will be dropped. *I don't see how you think it's
    > possible that Linux is to be dropped given the quote:
    > (((((> "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    > > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    > > further in that direction," McLellan said.

    > )))))

    Yeah but remember MSFT recently inked a deal with MOT (see the
    thread). Why would MOT sign something with MSFT and then drop MSFT's
    mobile OS? So I posit the odd-man out must be Linux (just a guess of
    course).

    RL

  14. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    raylopez99 did eloquently scribble:
    > On Feb 13, 6:44*am, Matt wrote:
    >> If you are referring to my indication of Motorola's own OS, I supposed
    >> that that was probably the one to be dropped. *Of course it may be that
    >> more than one OS will be dropped. *I don't see how you think it's
    >> possible that Linux is to be dropped given the quote:
    >> (((((> "We like the greater flexibility and the momentum around new
    >> > applications that open-source platforms generate and will be going
    >> > further in that direction," McLellan said.

    >> )))))
    >>

    > Yeah but remember MSFT recently inked a deal with MOT (see the
    > thread). Why would MOT sign something with MSFT and then drop MSFT's
    > mobile OS? So I posit the odd-man out must be Linux (just a guess of
    > course).

    Posit all you like, they're committed to open source, so it's one of the
    PROPRIETORY, let's say that again shall we? PRO PRI E TO REEEEE operating
    systems that IS ON THE WAY OUT AND NOT LINUX.

    GODS, are you being deliberately dense or does it come naturally?

    As oreviously mentioned motorola use 4 different OSes at the moment (or in
    the recent past at least), symbian, windows, linux and their own proprietory
    OS which appears to be a bit clumsy and badly put together.

    AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD, this own-brand OS is likely to be
    the one to get the boot.

    NOT linux, no matter how many times you say otherwise.

    /me starts singing the southpark Mormon song...
    dumdumdumdum dum.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  15. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:26:09 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Posit all you like, they're committed to open source, so it's one of the
    > PROPRIETORY, let's say that again shall we? PRO PRI E TO REEEEE operating
    > systems that IS ON THE WAY OUT AND NOT LINUX.

    Linux can't be on the way out because it was never in.

    > GODS, are you being deliberately dense or does it come naturally?

    There is only one God.

    > /me starts singing the southpark Mormon song...
    > dumdumdumdum dum.

    Your brain has been atrophied by too much TV.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:
    > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:26:09 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Posit all you like, they're committed to open source, so it's one of the
    >> PROPRIETORY, let's say that again shall we? PRO PRI E TO REEEEE operating
    >> systems that IS ON THE WAY OUT AND NOT LINUX.

    > Linux can't be on the way out because it was never in.

    >> GODS, are you being deliberately dense or does it come naturally?

    > There is only one God.

    There isn't even one.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  17. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:47:40 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:26:09 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> Posit all you like, they're committed to open source, so it's one of the
    >>> PROPRIETORY, let's say that again shall we? PRO PRI E TO REEEEE operating
    >>> systems that IS ON THE WAY OUT AND NOT LINUX.

    >> Linux can't be on the way out because it was never in.

    >>> GODS, are you being deliberately dense or does it come naturally?

    >> There is only one God.

    > There isn't even one.

    I suspect that someday you will regret that position.
    But to each her own.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:
    >>> There is only one God.

    >> There isn't even one.

    > I suspect that someday you will regret that position.
    > But to each her own.

    I suspect you're wrong. I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny either,
    but I still get the odd present at those pagan festive times.

    Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    ousted the old religion, right...?

    So... what made christianity any more right than the previous one? What
    makes you think, if there is a god, it's not zeus or odin that's looking
    down shaking his head at humanity's stupidity?

    So, quite frankly, you're in just as much (if not more) danger of picking
    the wrong god to worship as I am choosing not to believe in pixies and fairy
    dust in the first place.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  19. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux fromhandsets

    On Feb 14, 2:44*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb did eloquently scribble:

    > >> There isn't even one.

    > > I suspect that someday you will regret that position.
    > > But to each her own.

    > I suspect you're wrong. I don't believe in santa or the easter bunny either,
    > but I still get the odd present at those pagan festive times.

    Pascal's Wager arse-whole. You'll burn in hell boy. Made the wrong
    bet, just like with your OS.

    > Thing that gets me is, every single time christianity moved into an area it
    > ousted the old religion, right...?

    No. It tried in Japan and failed. Any more history lessons needed,
    stupid-university-athiest?

    > So... what made christianity any more right than the previous one? What
    > makes you think, if there is a god, it's not zeus or odin that's looking
    > down shaking his head at humanity's stupidity?

    Maybe it is. Why don't you worship with the pagans at Stonehedge?
    It's better than nothing, which is your fate now.

    > So, quite frankly, you're in just as much (if not more) danger of picking
    > the wrong god to worship as I am choosing not to believe in pixies and fairy
    > dust in the first place.
    > --

    Pascal's wager, fool. Don't worry though, I think you'll make a
    deathbed confession and turn to Christ, which will save your soul.
    Same as the turning to Windows OS you'll make within a decade from
    now. And you won't ever mention that in your foolish youth you
    believed in something called "Linux".

    RL

  20. Re: News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping Linux from handsets

    So anyway, it was like, 11:15 CET Feb 14 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    raylopez99 was all like, "Dude,

    > ["you're gonna burn in hell"]

    Wow. So, is being a raving religious nutcase in fact a prerequisite
    for trolling cola successfully these days, or does it just improve
    your standing with other religious nutcases in particular?

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    11:31:27 up 5 days, 11:57, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.08, 0.08