MSFT floundering... - Linux

This is a discussion on MSFT floundering... - Linux ; Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL hasn't gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday. Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"... I wonder if that'll be like ...

  1. MSFT floundering...

    Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL hasn't
    gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.

    Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...

    I wonder if that'll be like $45 or $50 billion down since the announced
    takeover of yahoo! deal?

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=5d

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  2. Re: MSFT floundering...

  3. Re: MSFT floundering...

    ed wrote:

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >> Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL
    >> hasn't gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.
    >>
    >> Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...
    >>
    >> I wonder if that'll be like $45 or $50 billion down since the announced
    >> takeover of yahoo! deal?
    >>
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=5d
    >>

    > Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)

    Actually... it's kinda sweet... msft closed about $0.35 down... Oh well.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: MSFT floundering...

    ____/ ed on Monday 11 February 2008 22:34 : \____

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >> Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL hasn't
    >> gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.
    >>
    >> Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...
    >>
    >> I wonder if that'll be like $45 or $50 billion down since the announced
    >> takeover of yahoo! deal?
    >>
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=5d
    >>

    > Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)

    Maybe they can game tit to embellish it. :-)

    I've got some more news coming about Microsoft's financial problems, which it
    has been trying to hide for _years_.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
    Tasks: 124 total, 1 running, 123 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  5. Re: MSFT floundering...

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > ed wrote:

    >> Jerry McBride wrote:
    >>> Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL
    >>> hasn't gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.
    >>>
    >>> Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if that'll be like $45 or $50 billion down since the announced
    >>> takeover of yahoo! deal?
    >>>
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=5d
    >>>

    >> Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)
    >>

    > Actually... it's kinda sweet... msft closed about $0.35 down... Oh
    > well.

    What do you have against MS? Why dont you advocate Linux instead of
    hating a company to which you or what you say mean nothing at all.

  6. Re: MSFT floundering...

    Hadron wrote:

    > Jerry McBride writes:
    >
    >> ed wrote:

    >>> Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)
    >>>

    >> Actually... it's kinda sweet... msft closed about $0.35 down... Oh
    >> well.

    > What do you have against MS? Why dont you advocate Linux instead of
    > hating a company to which you or what you say mean nothing at all.

    Dude... it's not hate. In fact I'm smiling ear to ear about this. No anger,
    no high blood pressure... just... it is what it is. A big bully is getting
    his just desserts... No big deal... move along now...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  7. Re: MSFT floundering...

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:40:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    >____/ ed on Monday 11 February 2008 22:34 : \____

    >> Jerry McBride wrote:
    >>> Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL hasn't
    >>> gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.
    >>>
    >>> Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if that'll be like $45 or $50 billion down since the announced
    >>> takeover of yahoo! deal?
    >>>
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSFT&t=5d
    >>>

    >> Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)

    >Maybe they can game tit to embellish it. :-)
    >
    >I've got some more news coming about Microsoft's financial problems, which it
    >has been trying to hide for _years_.

    Roy..that's not news !!

  8. Re: MSFT floundering...

    ____/ John Locke on Tuesday 12 February 2008 01:02 : \____

    > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:40:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >
    >>____/ ed on Monday 11 February 2008 22:34 : \____

    >>> Ironic that you're looking at that from a yahoo domain :-)

    >>Maybe they can game tit to embellish it. :-)

    ^^

    *LOL* typo, not intentional. :-)

    >>I've got some more news coming about Microsoft's financial problems, which it
    >>has been trying to hide for _years_.

    > Roy..that's not news !!

    To many people that's news, believe it or not. They still don't know that Gates
    stepped down as CEO after a $18,000,000,000 loss. The business of proprietary
    software ain't what it used to be, especially when accompanied by everything
    of anything (hardware, media, Internet, electricity), where almost everything
    fails and relies on the cash-cow cushion to balance the losses.

    BusinessWeek said it well some days ago:

    An Open Letter to Steve Ballmer

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...mpaign_id=yhoo

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
    05:20:01 up 18 days, 15:14, 3 users, load average: 1.71, 1.89, 1.88

  9. Re: MSFT floundering...

    Jerry McBride wrote:

    >Hmmm.... msft... Gee... lost a bit on opening this morning and STILL hasn't
    >gained it back... Looks like MSFT will close lower than on Friday.
    >
    >Amazing what happens when a company "spills the beans"...

    Well, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Micro$oft's ability to
    compete with Google...

    I mean, they dominate the desktop market, and their bundled and
    heavily-used browser defaults to MSN, and they're *still* getting
    their asses kicked so badly that they have to buy what is probably the
    second-largest Web portal?

  10. Re: MSFT floundering...

    Jerry McBride espoused:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Jerry McBride writes:

    >>> Actually... it's kinda sweet... msft closed about $0.35 down... Oh
    >>> well.

    >> What do you have against MS? Why dont you advocate Linux instead of
    >> hating a company to which you or what you say mean nothing at all.

    > Dude... it's not hate. In fact I'm smiling ear to ear about this. No anger,
    > no high blood pressure... just... it is what it is. A big bully is getting
    > his just desserts... No big deal... move along now...

    Presumably Mr Quark's shares are dwindling in value... as you say,
    lawbreakers get what they deserve sometimes, and this would appear to be
    one of those times.