New Chapter for SCO - Linux

This is a discussion on New Chapter for SCO - Linux ; SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the US Bankrupcy Code. See: http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577...

  1. New Chapter for SCO

    SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    US Bankrupcy Code.

    See:

  2. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    peterwn wrote:
    > SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    > US Bankrupcy Code.
    >
    > See:
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/14/1948257
    'Trading of SCO's stock has been halted on news that SCO has filed for
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. '

    Fun, fun, fun!

    --
    Timo Pirinen
    pirisisi@dlc.fi

  3. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    On Sep 14, 4:17 pm, peterwn wrote:
    > SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    > US Bankrupcy Code.

    > See:http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    Stock is now down to 37 cents/share.

    Market cap is down to 7 million dollars.

    Most of the insiders have dumped most of their shares.

    The biggest holder Chesapeake Partners Management Co Inc/MD
    Of course, they made a bundle on many of their other holdings, so this
    is just a blip on the radar screen to them.

    IBM had the right strategy. Prove the conspiracy to defraud, then
    include all of those involved in the conspiracy as defendents in the
    countersuit.

    24 million shares, going cheap!

  4. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    On 14 Sep, 21:41, Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 4:17 pm, peterwn wrote:
    >
    > > SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    > > US Bankrupcy Code.
    > > See:http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    > Stock is now down to 37 cents/share.
    >
    > Market cap is down to 7 million dollars.
    >
    > Most of the insiders have dumped most of their shares.

    Well, they knew the score - screw up the UNIX scam and there'll be no
    more happy pay days from Uncle Bill.

  5. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    ____/ dapunka on Friday 14 September 2007 21:46 : \____

    > On 14 Sep, 21:41, Rex Ballard wrote:
    >> On Sep 14, 4:17 pm, peterwn wrote:
    >>
    >> > SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    >> > US Bankrupcy Code.
    >> > See:http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    >> Stock is now down to 37 cents/share.
    >>
    >> Market cap is down to 7 million dollars.
    >>
    >> Most of the insiders have dumped most of their shares.

    > Well, they knew the score - screw up the UNIX scam and there'll be no
    > more happy pay days from Uncle Bill.

    Uncle Bill work with Cousin Ron now. They want to eliminate Free software.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Open syntax, Open API's, Open standards
    22:05:02 up 4 days, 20:11, 3 users, load average: 2.24, 2.64, 2.31

  6. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    > US Bankrupcy Code.
    >
    > See:
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    --
    SNAFU, SCO!

  7. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    On Sep 14, 5:08 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > > Well, they knew the score - screw up the UNIX scam and there'll be no
    > > more happy pay days from Uncle Bill.

    > Uncle Bill work with Cousin Ron now. They want to eliminate Free software.

    Who is Cousin Ron?

  8. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    Linonut wrote:

    > "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    Do they even have any business now? LOL

  9. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    --
    PeKaJe
    The amount of knowledge a person has about a particular subject is

  10. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >> SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of
    >> the US Bankrupcy Code.
    >>
    >> See: http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    > "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    Translation: SCO dies, and the rest of the world can get on with
    business as usual.

    WOOT!

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    18:25:25 up 37 days, 17:20, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.26, 0.26

  11. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    Rex Ballard wrote:

    > On Sep 14, 5:08 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > > > Well, they knew the score - screw up the UNIX scam and there'll be no
    > > > more happy pay days from Uncle Bill.

    > > Uncle Bill work with Cousin Ron now. They want to eliminate Free software.

    > Who is Cousin Ron?

    Ballmer's love slave, and "head" honcho of Roy's
    favourite Linux outfit (where Miguelito is VP).

    "I've always loved you, Ron." --"Sweety" Ballmer
    http://www.dw-world.de/image/0,,2224069_4,00.jpg

  12. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    Verily I say unto thee, that Rex Ballard spake thusly:
    > On Sep 14, 5:08 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:

    >>> Well, they knew the score - screw up the UNIX scam and there'll
    >>> be no more happy pay days from Uncle Bill.

    >> Uncle Bill work with Cousin Ron now. They want to eliminate Free
    >> software.

    > Who is Cousin Ron?

    That would be Ron Hovosapien, one of Baboon Ballmer's pet monkeys:

    http://media.slated.org/albums/userpics/ms-monkeys.png

    That's him on the right, opposite Koala Carmony, with one of the Primus
    Typaldos species in the middle.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    20:19:31 up 37 days, 19:14, 1 user, load average: 0.60, 0.57, 0.40

  13. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    Hadrun writes:

    > Rex Ballard wrote:

    >> > Uncle Bill work with Cousin Ron now. They want to eliminate Free software.

    >> Who is Cousin Ron?

    > Ballmer's love slave, and "head" honcho of Roy's
    > favourite Linux outfit (where Miguelito is VP).
    >

    > "I've always loved you, Ron." --"Sweety" Ballmer
    > http://www.dw-world.de/image/0,,2224069_4,00.jpg

    Like you using Win98?

  14. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:28:07 +0100
    <7ahtr4-u67.ln1@sky.matrix>:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of
    >>> the US Bankrupcy Code.
    >>>
    >>> See: http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    >> "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    > Translation: SCO dies, and the rest of the world can get on with
    > business as usual.
    >
    > WOOT!

    I could think of worse outcomes. I only hope the worker
    types who will eventually be let go as the business fails
    get a fair shake in all this. (I'd assume, however, that
    the good ones saw this coming a mile away and already
    left.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Murphy was an optimist.

  15. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    Linonut wrote:

    >After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    >> US Bankrupcy Code.
    >>
    >> See:
    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    > "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    The FUD isn't over until the fat lady sings.

  16. Re: New Chapter for SCO

    ____/ chrisv on Tuesday 18 September 2007 12:31 : \____

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>After takin' a swig o' grog, peterwn belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> SCO is now entering a new chapter of its existence - Chapter 11 of the
    >>> US Bankrupcy Code.
    >>>
    >>> See:
    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70914152904577

    >> "They say reorganization "ensures business as usual."

    > The FUD isn't over until the fat lady sings.

    According to sys-con, she already sings (they put up a picture).

    By the way, we took off MOG's scarf. She is back at sys-con. I told PJ about it
    and we then exposed her. She no longer blogs incognito. sys-con lied.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
    Tasks: 125 total, 1 running, 124 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie