Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid - Linux

This is a discussion on Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid - Linux ; http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1 > Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid > Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern > By MICHAEL LIEDTKE > AP Business Writer > > SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion takeover bid ...

  1. Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

    > Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid
    > Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    > By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    > AP Business Writer
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited offer undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a person familiar with the situation.

  2. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:32:26 +0000, Matt wrote:

    > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >
    >> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >> AP Business Writer
    >>
    >> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s
    >> $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited offer
    >> undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a person
    >> familiar with the situation.

    Hopefully, Microsoft won't pay that much. And... IMO, Yahoo should ask
    for all cash, not cash and stock.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:36:10 -0000, Rick wrote:

    > On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 22:32:26 +0000, Matt wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >>
    >>> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >>> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >>> AP Business Writer
    >>>
    >>> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s
    >>> $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited offer
    >>> undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a person
    >>> familiar with the situation.

    > Hopefully, Microsoft won't pay that much. And... IMO, Yahoo should ask
    > for all cash, not cash and stock.

    Absolutely.
    I think buying Yahoo is a HUGE mistake for Microsoft.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    Matt wrote:

    > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >
    >> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid
    >> Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >> AP Business Writer
    >>
    >> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s
    >> $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited offer
    >> undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a person familiar
    >> with the situation.

    Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
    Micoshaft's bid is sinking!!

    Send in the asstroturfers!!!

    Ring up Masschussetts!! Bring all those asstroturfers back to Redmond!

    You there! Look busy! Throw that chair!

  5. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    7 wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >>
    >>> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid
    >>> Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >>> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >>> AP Business Writer
    >>>
    >>> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft Corp.'s
    >>> $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited offer
    >>> undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a person familiar
    >>> with the situation.

    > Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
    > Micoshaft's bid is sinking!!
    >
    > Send in the asstroturfers!!!
    >
    > Ring up Masschussetts!! Bring all those asstroturfers back to Redmond!
    >
    > You there! Look busy! Throw that chair!

    Was it going to be the end of the world as you know it? You really need
    to get yourself under a little control, gee.

  6. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 10 February 2008 07:59 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
    >
    >> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >>
    >>> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid
    >>> Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >>> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >>> AP Business Writer
    >>>
    >>> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft
    >>> Corp.'s $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited
    >>> offer undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a
    >>> person familiar with the situation.

    > Pity.
    >
    > I would've loved to see the Vole burn yet another hole in its pocket,
    > but if stock devaluation (at both companies), and takeover resistance
    > hadn't stymied the deal, then antitrust regulations would've finished
    > it anyway:
    >
    > .----
    > | As it examined ways to thwart Microsoft, Yahoo considered an
    > | advertising partnership with Google—an alliance long favored by
    > | analysts who believe it would boost the profits of both companies.
    > | It was unclear Saturday if Yahoo's plans for boosting its stock
    > | price include a Google partnership, which would probably face
    > | antitrust issues.
    > |
    > | A Microsoft takeover of Yahoo would also be scrutinized by
    > | antitrust regulators in the United States and Europe. The antitrust
    > | uncertainties could be cited as one of the reasons that Yahoo's
    > | board decided to spurn Microsoft.
    > `----
    >
    > If MS try to force the deal through with bullying tactics, that'll just
    > make the antitrust case stronger IMHO, so it seems this deal is very
    > much DOA. Of course the Vole will keep trying, but frankly I think this
    > may be their last shot, for many reasons, not least of which because
    > Yahoo seems to be slipping into the abyss even quicker than they are.

    They could do the outsourcing agreement with Google and benefit both companies
    at Microsoft's expense. I've looked through about 300 headlines about this
    early in the morning and it doesn't seem likely that Microsoft will raise the
    bid. In fact, it already needs a big loan and this whole bid stupidity leaked
    out many damaging secrets. I'll post about it in the afternoon when I get
    back. It's nice and sunny today...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Prevalence does not imply ideali$M

  7. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    "[H]omer" writes:

    >> It's nice and sunny today...

    > It's cloudy and cold here today, but I might go out a do a bit of
    > gardening anyway, just for a change of scene.

    That's nice. Enjoy your chat with the other vegetables.

  8. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    [H]omer wrote:

    >> It's nice and sunny today...

    > It's cloudy and cold here today, but I might go out a do a bit of
    > gardening anyway, just for a change of scene.

    Nothing funnier than an old Linux spinster puttering around in her garden
    mumbling to herself about "The Vole" and this year's tomato patch...

  9. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    [H]omer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
    >
    >> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    >>
    >>> Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid
    >>> Feb 9 03:16 PM US/Eastern
    >>> By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
    >>> AP Business Writer
    >>>
    >>> SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Yahoo Inc.'s board will reject Microsoft
    >>> Corp.'s $44.6 billion takeover bid after concluding the unsolicited
    >>> offer undervalues the slumping Internet pioneer, according to a
    >>> person familiar with the situation.

    > Pity.
    >
    > I would've loved to see the Vole burn yet another hole in its pocket,
    > but if stock devaluation (at both companies), and takeover resistance
    > hadn't stymied the deal, then antitrust regulations would've finished
    > it anyway:

    Well... it's not over yet... there's some talk that the offer could go as
    high as 56 billion... That's the deal I hoping for!

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  10. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:09:56 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's nice and sunny today...

    >> It's cloudy and cold here today, but I might go out a do a bit of
    >> gardening anyway, just for a change of scene.

    > Nothing funnier than an old Linux spinster puttering around in her garden
    > mumbling to herself about "The Vole" and this year's tomato patch...

    I'll bet the neighborhood kids piss on his vegetables.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: Yahoo Board to Spurn $44B Microsoft Bid

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

    >> Pity.
    >>
    >> I would've loved to see the Vole burn yet another hole in its pocket,
    >> but if stock devaluation (at both companies), and takeover resistance
    >> hadn't stymied the deal, then antitrust regulations would've finished
    >> it anyway:
    >>

    > Well... it's not over yet... there's some talk that the offer could go as
    > high as 56 billion... That's the deal I hoping for!

    Is you? Yee ha!

+ Reply to Thread