Linux on the desktop - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux on the desktop - Linux ; "DFS" writes: > Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > >> You might be spot on with that comment! >> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/ > > That looks like Richard Stallman on the right. > > > >>> Here's a quarter, kid; get yourself some ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 141 to 149 of 149

  1. Re: Linux on the desktop

    "DFS" writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> You might be spot on with that comment!
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    > That looks like Richard Stallman on the right.
    >

    >>> Here's a quarter, kid; get yourself some soap.

    >> I think he is going to need something a wee bit stronger than soap....
    >>
    >> http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    > Can you imagine that guy in the middle (Alan Cox) showing up at a meeting of
    > normal people?

    I have actually met Alan Cox and he is a true legend. Very nice and
    approachable and not like a lot of the other OSS "legends in their own
    lunchtime" who massage their reps with outbursts and eccentric behaviour
    or ridiculous nick names like "Mad Dog".

  2. Re: Linux on the desktop

    "DFS" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    >> *WHAT* is that in the middle? A model for some sort of radioactive
    >> squirrel/ferret hybrid?

    > ha!

    Nah, was only joking. But even by Alan's standards he's managed to look
    particularly nerdy and "Linux"like in that picture :-;

  3. Re: Linux on the desktop

    DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> You might be spot on with that comment!
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    > That looks like Richard Stallman on the right.

    I guess I should add you to my killfile, so you, flatline---, Hadron, and
    the Snit can more easily congratulate and glad hand one another in regards
    to your "oh so cool" Jr. High wit.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Linux on the desktop

    RonB wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> You might be spot on with that comment!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    >> That looks like Richard Stallman on the right.

    > I guess I should add you to my killfile,

    Please do.

    > so you, flatline---, Hadron,
    > and the Snit can more easily congratulate and glad hand one another
    > in regards to your "oh so cool" Jr. High wit.

    No wit there, WronG. It really does look like Stallman to me - in fact I
    think it is.

  5. Re: Linux on the desktop

    "RonB" stated in post ekQsj.89$VN2.16@newsfe05.lga
    on 2/13/08 10:26 PM:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> You might be spot on with that comment!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    >> That looks like Richard Stallman on the right.

    > I guess I should add you to my killfile, so you, flatline---, Hadron, and
    > the Snit can more easily congratulate and glad hand one another in regards
    > to your "oh so cool" Jr. High wit.

    How immature of you to include me in that list.

    --
    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
    speech. -- Mark Twain

  6. Re: Linux on the desktop

    "DFS" writes:

    > RonB wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> That looks like Richard Stallman on the right.

    >> I guess I should add you to my killfile,

    > Please do.
    >

    >> so you, flatline---, Hadron,
    >> and the Snit can more easily congratulate and glad hand one another
    >> in regards to your "oh so cool" Jr. High wit.

    > No wit there, WronG. It really does look like Stallman to me - in fact I
    > think it is.

    It isn't?

  7. Re: Linux on the desktop

    Linonut writes:

    > * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> I've turned a fair number of those Windows cast-off boxes into
    >> Linux net surfing stations, often within the same household,
    >> sometimes donating them to a student or low-income friend. These
    >> are the type of install that don't end up in official 'market
    >> share' numbers. I think corporate installs still account for
    >> more of the visible growth, but repurposed consumer Windows PCs
    >> certainly play their role.

    > Our corporate use of Linux is not "merket visible". We're using
    > Debian.

    Does your "corporation" allow web browsing?

    I suspect you use Debian. I doubt very much your "corporation" use Debian.

  8. Re: Linux on the desktop

    * thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > I've turned a fair number of those Windows cast-off boxes into
    > Linux net surfing stations, often within the same household,
    > sometimes donating them to a student or low-income friend. These
    > are the type of install that don't end up in official 'market
    > share' numbers. I think corporate installs still account for
    > more of the visible growth, but repurposed consumer Windows PCs
    > certainly play their role.

    Our corporate use of Linux is not "merket visible". We're using Debian.

    --
    Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to
    be loved when one of the two must be lacking.

  9. Re: Linux on the desktop

    The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
    -- Hobbes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8