[News]Microsoft increases share of web servers. - Linux

This is a discussion on [News]Microsoft increases share of web servers. - Linux ; Microsoft continues to increase its share of the web server market, mostly at Apaches' expense. http://news.netcraft.com/archives/we...er_survey.html July 2007 Percent Apache 66144734 52.65 MS 41257913 32.84 August 2007 Percent Change Apache 65153417 50.92 -1.73 MS 43861854 34.28 +1.44 -- Conor I'm ...

  1. [News]Microsoft increases share of web servers.

    --
    Conor

    I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

  2. Re: [News]Microsoft increases share of web servers.

    Micoshaft Corporation Asstroturfer Barmy Bob. wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > Microsoft continues to increase its share of the web server market,
    > mostly at Apaches' expense.
    >
    > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/we...er_survey.html
    >
    > July 2007 Percent
    > Apache 66144734 52.65
    > MS 41257913 32.84
    >
    > August 2007 Percent Change
    > Apache 65153417 50.92 -1.73
    > MS 43861854 34.28 +1.44

    Is this based on actual servers where data is served from
    or is this based on fake stats of name servers
    (which micoshaft pays dumb companies to change).
    These companies may be dumb in accepting micoshaft money
    but as far as I understand, they are unable to commit
    to changing their webservers as well since thats
    economic and technological suicide. Reality is Priceless.
    I would love to sit in one of those board room meetings
    and hear what the technies have to say when they
    sign these kinds of fake deals.

    "Take the money and change the name servers.
    If it gets hacked, we got here a Linux
    box ready to take its place.
    We don't have to change the actual data servers because
    no one will know. Besides our TCO is lower
    as Linux servers consume less power,
    works faster and scales better.
    We can't afford to have ROI affected by
    switching data servers. One viri infection
    and we could be out for days unable to
    tell customers how many files have been modified
    because Micoshaft Corporation don't know
    what a root kit is despite being able to run it
    very well."

+ Reply to Thread