Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows... - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows... - Linux ; Snit writes: > "Kier" stated in post > pan.2008.02.10.19.13.41.492709@tiscali.co.uk on 2/10/08 12:13 PM: > >> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:12:17 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: >> >>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:12:51 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote: >>> >>>> Moshe ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

  1. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    Snit writes:

    > "Kier" stated in post
    > pan.2008.02.10.19.13.41.492709@tiscali.co.uk on 2/10/08 12:13 PM:
    >
    >> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:12:17 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:12:51 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> I don't hate Linux.
    >>>>> I dislike FUDsters like Schestowitz, Kent and [Homer] and I believe that
    >>>>> they need to be exposed for what they are.
    >>>>> Liars, hypocrites and harmful to the real Linux advocates.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> What do you know about Linux advocacy? All you do here is bitch about
    >>>> posters you don't like, and talk about how crappy Linux is.
    >>>
    >>> I know a lot about Linux and Linux advocacy.

    >>
    >> You don't show anything but Linux hatred, most of the time
    >>
    >>> If there were some Linux advocacy in COLA, I would join in.
    >>> There is none, or very little.

    >>
    >> Then why not create some of your own? And stop posting lies, filth and
    >> slander?

    >
    > If you do not like how he posts why not create your own forum... you know,
    > make a split like people do with distros.


    You mean one that "rocks" and "meets his needs"! Good idea!

    LOL

  2. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> So why bother with Linux advocacy in a group that is obviously not
    >> interested in discussing Linux and how it compares to other operating
    >> systems.

    >
    > So set the example if you're so concerned with the group losing its focus.
    >
    > I have yet to see anything from you that's pro-Linux in any shape or form.
    > If I have missed these posts, please enlighten me.



    Most of his posts are anti COLA "advocates", not anti Linus.

  3. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    Kier writes:

    > On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:07:48 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:57:24 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >
    >>> I have yet to see anything from you that's pro-Linux in any shape or form.
    >>> If I have missed these posts, please enlighten me.

    >>
    >> I advocate PCLinuxOS all the time.

    >
    > Pimping your favourite distro isn't advocacy, according to your pal Hadron.


    Huh? I knew you were stupid, but I didn't realise how stupid.

  4. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    "Hadron" stated in post
    foof9v$r8n$20@registered.motzarella.org on 2/10/08 8:26 PM:

    > Snit writes:
    >
    >> "Kier" stated in post
    >> pan.2008.02.10.19.13.41.492709@tiscali.co.uk on 2/10/08 12:13 PM:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:12:17 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:12:51 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> I don't hate Linux.
    >>>>>> I dislike FUDsters like Schestowitz, Kent and [Homer] and I believe that
    >>>>>> they need to be exposed for what they are.
    >>>>>> Liars, hypocrites and harmful to the real Linux advocates.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What do you know about Linux advocacy? All you do here is bitch about
    >>>>> posters you don't like, and talk about how crappy Linux is.
    >>>>
    >>>> I know a lot about Linux and Linux advocacy.
    >>>
    >>> You don't show anything but Linux hatred, most of the time
    >>>
    >>>> If there were some Linux advocacy in COLA, I would join in.
    >>>> There is none, or very little.
    >>>
    >>> Then why not create some of your own? And stop posting lies, filth and
    >>> slander?

    >>
    >> If you do not like how he posts why not create your own forum... you know,
    >> make a split like people do with distros.

    >
    > You mean one that "rocks" and "meets his needs"! Good idea!
    >
    > LOL


    Sure: a lot of the same folks who speak so highly of making so many distros
    also speak of things they do not like in COLA. Why don't they make their
    own forum distro? When that one is "infiltrated" by people they do not like
    just make another and another and another. They have the right to do
    this... and they seem to think it is the right thing to do. What is
    stopping them?


    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson




  5. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:26:55 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Snit writes:
    >
    >> "Kier" stated in post
    >> pan.2008.02.10.19.13.41.492709@tiscali.co.uk on 2/10/08 12:13 PM:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:12:17 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:12:51 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> I don't hate Linux.
    >>>>>> I dislike FUDsters like Schestowitz, Kent and [Homer] and I believe that
    >>>>>> they need to be exposed for what they are.
    >>>>>> Liars, hypocrites and harmful to the real Linux advocates.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What do you know about Linux advocacy? All you do here is bitch about
    >>>>> posters you don't like, and talk about how crappy Linux is.
    >>>>
    >>>> I know a lot about Linux and Linux advocacy.
    >>>
    >>> You don't show anything but Linux hatred, most of the time
    >>>
    >>>> If there were some Linux advocacy in COLA, I would join in.
    >>>> There is none, or very little.
    >>>
    >>> Then why not create some of your own? And stop posting lies, filth and
    >>> slander?

    >>
    >> If you do not like how he posts why not create your own forum... you know,
    >> make a split like people do with distros.

    >
    > You mean one that "rocks" and "meets his needs"! Good idea!
    >
    > LOL


    Yeah, that's real advocacy, LOLboy. Why don';t you dry up and blow away?

    --
    Kier

    --



  6. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:29:00 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Kier writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:07:48 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:57:24 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>
    >>>> I have yet to see anything from you that's pro-Linux in any shape or form.
    >>>> If I have missed these posts, please enlighten me.
    >>>
    >>> I advocate PCLinuxOS all the time.

    >>
    >> Pimping your favourite distro isn't advocacy, according to your pal Hadron.

    >
    > Huh? I knew you were stupid, but I didn't realise how stupid.


    So, it's okay for flatty AKA 'Moshe' to say how great a distro is, and
    that's advocacy, but if I say how good I think a distro is, that's
    different, and I'm supposed to be stupid. Right.

    You are a idiot.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1631655.WCSCGhUIkP@ziggynet on 2/10/08 10:57 AM:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> So why bother with Linux advocacy in a group that is obviously not
    >> interested in discussing Linux and how it compares to other operating
    >> systems.

    >
    > So set the example if you're so concerned with the group losing its focus.
    >
    > I have yet to see anything from you that's pro-Linux in any shape or form.
    > If I have missed these posts, please enlighten me.


    I have been setting the example and talking about pros and cons of Linux as
    compared to other OSs and some suggestions on what Linux can do to improve
    itself.

    Frankly it seems people are more interested in bickering than in actually
    having such discussions - and I will admit that I also enjoy pointing out
    the absurdity of the silly BS that people post to try to upset me. For
    example, look at my exchanges with Rick... he made the claim that Ubuntu was
    as easy to use as OS X (or easier) so I asked him to support his claim. I
    was able to show examples of where each OS has some benefits over the other
    - but Rick was not only completely incapable of doing so he could not
    understand simple concepts. Sadly he is one of the better Linux advocates
    and he completely failed to understand what he was talking about.... he was
    grossly over his head.

    In general Linux folks get the "crunchy" programming bits (better than I do,
    I would hope) but when it comes to UI or graphical design they are lost -
    and that seems common not just in COLA but throughout the Linux community.
    It is a problem that Apple overcomes - at least in part - by using OSS
    software for its backend and then a proprietary front end where they can set
    excellent (though not perfect) UI standards that almost all standard OS X
    software follows.

    Maybe this is the solution for Linux... if some popular distro would insist
    that it would only fully support software that fit its UI standards and made
    those standards clear then perhaps designers would work to comply. To some
    extent Ubuntu seems to be trying to do this... and I wish them well.
    Unfortunately many in COLA do not understand the value of this... and I
    suspect this is true of most in the OSS community. It does not help that
    the overall look of Ubuntu may have been made by blind sea monkeys. Maybe
    if the folks who designed the skin for PCLinuxOS were to combine forces with
    the Ubuntu team and use their ability to make a good look with Ubuntu's
    concepts of making a consistent UI... and, of course, if the two were to
    work together, being that they are so big, they would be more likely to help
    reign in some of the massive fracturing in the OSS software comminity and
    help to bring people together to make an OS that is truly excellent for the
    desktop.

    I would love to see this happen and see Linux get past 1% on the desktop.
    Sadly I doubt it will happen - few Linux folks get the importance of this.


    --
    Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat wondering what the world would be
    like if the Lamarckian view of evolutionary had ended up being accepted
    over Darwin's?


  8. Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

    Snit wrote:

    > Franklyblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah



    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened...

    Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    Good to the last supper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5