Stable Linux Kernel 2.6.22.17 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Coming to us from Greg KH and the rest of the -stable folks is a mid-week
| Linux kernel release. What's new in this one? Quite a few bug-fixes, and all
| users of 2.6.22 are encouraged to upgrade.
`----

http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=2520

If Torvalds quit Linux would anyone notice?

,----[ Quote ]
| If Linus Torvalds stepped away from his position as coordinator of the Linux
| kernel, it is unlikely many people would notice, according to the man
| himself.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9285720,00.htm

Many of the main Windows developers have already left, which is one of the
reasons Vista is a mess (or maybe they left /because/ Windows was already
becoming a mess).

Related:

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| "With Alchin retiring, MarkL and MarkZ, two of the most talented
| architects in MS already having left, the picture gets really
| ugly for the Windows division," my friend claimed, and the BV's
| core team members, Ian McDonald, Jack Mayo, Todd Wanke, Clyde
| Rodriguez and others are starting to connect the dots.
|
| [...]
|
| He concluded ominously. "A trainwreck of biblical proportions looms.
| Pick a good seat on the sidelines, trainwrecks this large take
| awhile to complete. Vista may be the last MS OS for some time to
| come, especially if Cutler decides to play hardball."
`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/...ws-developers/
http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt

Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| On the heels of a week of news of a number of Microsoft executive departures
| and reshufflings, another has come to light. Rob Short, Corporate Vice
| President for Windows Core, has resigned from the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1110

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report