it's open standards not Open Source .. - Linux

This is a discussion on it's open standards not Open Source .. - Linux ; "Although open source software offers some good point-to-point applications, McGrath believes that it fails to provide a consistent platform to users" 'McGrath's comments "perpetuate a fallacy that you cannot find open source software that works" and that it is simply ...

  1. it's open standards not Open Source ..

    "Although open source software offers some good point-to-point
    applications, McGrath believes that it fails to provide a consistent
    platform to users"

    'McGrath's comments "perpetuate a fallacy that you cannot find open
    source software that works" and that it is simply a matter of "looking
    hard enough and carefully enough"'

    http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/...portant-source

    It's open standards not Open Source, as long as we 'license' the code
    and own the protocols ..

  2. Re: it's open standards not Open Source ..

    In article , Doug Mentohl says...
    > "Although open source software offers some good point-to-point
    > applications, McGrath believes that it fails to provide a consistent
    > platform to users"
    >
    > 'McGrath's comments "perpetuate a fallacy that you cannot find open
    > source software that works" and that it is simply a matter of "looking
    > hard enough and carefully enough"'
    >
    > http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/...portant-source
    >
    > It's open standards not Open Source, as long as we 'license' the code
    > and own the protocols ..

    Loonix Losers can't even agree on what they're arguing about.

    --
    Conor

    I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

+ Reply to Thread