Re: Boost versus TBB - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Boost versus TBB - Linux ; On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote: > Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris > Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed. Uh, well, I wear several hats. But when I'm writing IT Blogwatch for ...

  1. Re: Boost versus TBB

    On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    > Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris
    > Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed.

    Uh, well, I wear several hats. But when I'm writing IT Blogwatch for
    Computerworld, I'm definitely not speaking as a Ferris analyst.

    > The fact that
    > Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the more condemnable,
    > IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in IT
    Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point. I also strive
    for balance in the daily feature, by representing as many sides of a
    story as possible.

    richi.
    http://richij.com

  2. Re: Boost versus TBB

    * Richi Jennings peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >> Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris
    >> Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed.

    > Uh, well, I wear several hats. But when I'm writing IT Blogwatch for
    > Computerworld, I'm definitely not speaking as a Ferris analyst.
    >
    >> The fact that
    >> Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the more condemnable,
    >> IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    > You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in IT
    > Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point. I also strive
    > for balance in the daily feature, by representing as many sides of a
    > story as possible.

    Intel is /evil/, I tell you! Evil!

    That darn iwlwifi driver is driving /me/! Driving me /nuts/!!!

    Anyway, although I don't like Intel and Microsoft's attitude about the
    OLPC laptop, it is pretty amusing to see them scrambling around like the
    Three Stooges trying to come up with a solution that matches the
    technical merits of the OLPC, while still using the pet product of each
    of these vendors.

    --
    Benefits should be conferred gradually; and in that way they will taste better.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

  3. Re: Boost versus TBB

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:43:22 -0800 (PST), Richi Jennings wrote:

    > On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >> Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris
    >> Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed.

    > Uh, well, I wear several hats. But when I'm writing IT Blogwatch for
    > Computerworld, I'm definitely not speaking as a Ferris analyst.
    >

    >> The fact that
    >> Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the more condemnable,
    >> IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    > You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in IT
    > Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point. I also strive
    > for balance in the daily feature, by representing as many sides of a
    > story as possible.
    >

    > richi.
    > http://richij.com

    Balance?
    In COLA?

    Man have you stumbled into the wrong group

    [Homer], Roy 'Spam King' Schestowitz and Mark Kent are about as balanced
    as a flat tire at 65 mph.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Boost versus TBB

    Linonut writes:

    > * Richi Jennings peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >>> Roy's right though, regardless of which side Richi Jennings (Ferris
    >>> Research analyst) thinks he got out of bed.

    >> Uh, well, I wear several hats. But when I'm writing IT Blogwatch for
    >> Computerworld, I'm definitely not speaking as a Ferris analyst.
    >>
    >>> The fact that
    >>> Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the more condemnable,
    >>> IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    >> You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in IT
    >> Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point. I also strive
    >> for balance in the daily feature, by representing as many sides of a
    >> story as possible.

    > Intel is /evil/, I tell you! Evil!
    >
    > That darn iwlwifi driver is driving /me/! Driving me /nuts/!!!

    Huh? You nominated it for a Basement Award only today I thought.

  5. Re: Boost versus TBB

    Verily I say unto thee, that Richi Jennings spake thusly:
    > On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:

    >> The fact that Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the
    >> more condemnable, IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    > You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in
    > IT Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point.

    Sorry, I didn't realise your column was a comedy resource. Thanks for
    the clarification.

    I must therefore assume that you specifically chose Roy's post for its
    comedy value, so perhaps you could also clarify why you think this story
    in particular is funny. IMO the issue is as serious as a heart attack.
    Personally, I fail to see the humour in Intel's sabotage of the OLPC
    charity, any more than I see the humour in Roy criticising that
    reprehensible behaviour.

    > I also strive for balance in the daily feature, by representing as
    > many sides of a story as possible.

    Which part of Intel sabotaging a charity do you sympathise with?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "There would be in the license, a caveat which forbids publishing a
    | distro until it has been approved by an OSS committee." ~ Comrade
    | Hardon Quirk, communist party member.
    `----

    09:49:25 up 48 days, 7:25, 4 users, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.07

  6. Re: Boost versus TBB

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Richi Jennings spake thusly:
    >> On Feb 2, 10:15 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:

    >>> The fact that Jennings presents this in a humorous light is all the
    >>> more condemnable, IMHO. Why does he think this is funny, I wonder?

    >> You're entitled to your opinion. Naturally, I present everything in
    >> IT Blogwatch in a humorous light. That's kind of the point.

    > Sorry, I didn't realise your column was a comedy resource. Thanks for
    > the clarification.
    >
    > I must therefore assume that you specifically chose Roy's post for its
    > comedy value, so perhaps you could also clarify why you think this story
    > in particular is funny. IMO the issue is as serious as a heart attack.
    > Personally, I fail to see the humour in Intel's sabotage of the OLPC
    > charity, any more than I see the humour in Roy criticising that
    > reprehensible behaviour.
    >
    >> I also strive for balance in the daily feature, by representing as
    >> many sides of a story as possible.

    > Which part of Intel sabotaging a charity do you sympathise with?

    Does he kick disabled children for fun, too? Or burn cats?