MS distributes Linux certificates to BMW and Siemens .. - Linux

This is a discussion on MS distributes Linux certificates to BMW and Siemens .. - Linux ; "BMW AG and Siemens Corp. today became the latest customers to take advantage of the collaboration between Microsoft Corp. and Novell" http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...11092007-1.htm How does the distribution of a Novell cert by Microsoft enable 'interoperability' So the only way you are ...

  1. MS distributes Linux certificates to BMW and Siemens ..

    "BMW AG and Siemens Corp. today became the latest customers to take
    advantage of the collaboration between Microsoft Corp. and Novell"

    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...11092007-1.htm

    How does the distribution of a Novell cert by Microsoft enable
    'interoperability'

    So the only way you are ever going to get Interoperability out of
    MICROS~1 is to pay them money for code they don't own and agree that MS
    own your own code. Sorry, but by by NOVELL~1 ...

    "Customers have asked us for solutions .. and for IP assurance" Susan
    Hauser, Microsoft

    Fat Tony: Buy our olive oil or something bad like a piano dropping on
    your head might happen.

    --
    MS slogan: buy our Linux or we'll get someone to threaten to sue you ...

  2. Re: MS distributes Linux certificates to BMW and Siemens ..

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Doug Mentohl

    wrote
    on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:09:39 +0100
    :
    > "BMW AG and Siemens Corp. today became the latest customers to take
    > advantage of the collaboration between Microsoft Corp. and Novell"
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...11092007-1.htm
    >
    > How does the distribution of a Novell cert by Microsoft enable
    > 'interoperability'

    By ensuring that Microsoft won't attempt to sue Novell's
    ass off (or Novell's user's asses off), probably. As far
    as direct machine operations go, it won't do diddly-squat.

    > So the only way you are ever going to get Interoperability out of
    > MICROS~1 is to pay them money for code they don't own and agree that MS
    > own your own code. Sorry, but by by NOVELL~1 ...
    >
    > "Customers have asked us for solutions .. and for IP assurance" Susan
    > Hauser, Microsoft
    >
    > Fat Tony: Buy our olive oil or something bad like a piano dropping on
    > your head might happen.

    Indeed.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #2239120:
    void f(char *p) {char *q = p; strcpy(p,q); }