Great Linux Demo - Linux

This is a discussion on Great Linux Demo - Linux ; This is a very long demo, but it does do a good job of showing of Linux desktop capabilities http://tinyurl.com/32n32a Some great graphics demos, and some great slides to summarize the points....

  1. Great Linux Demo

    This is a very long demo, but it does do a good job of showing of
    Linux desktop capabilities

    http://tinyurl.com/32n32a

    Some great graphics demos, and some great slides to summarize the
    points.

  2. Re: Great Linux Demo

    Rex Ballard writes:

    > This is a very long demo, but it does do a good job of showing of
    > Linux desktop capabilities
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/32n32a
    >
    > Some great graphics demos, and some great slides to summarize the
    > points.

    Nice demo. Until you realise all it pretty much shows is the rotating
    cube again, And who ever said one of the major objections to Linux was
    that it didn't have a photo album or a 3d desktop? Had it modified the
    video bit to actually showing "real DVD play back" or a 3d game then all
    the better.

    Impressive, but engineered to "advocate" against a non existent
    problem. They should have spent less time pimping Lotus Notes and more
    time showing some Windows SW running natively.

    6/10 for selling Linux.

    --
    Suelen hacer falta tres semanas para preparar un discurso improvisado.
    -- Mark Twain. (1835-1910) Escritor y periodista

  3. Re: Great Linux Demo

    * Rex Ballard peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > This is a very long demo, but it does do a good job of showing of
    > Linux desktop capabilities
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/32n32a
    >
    > Some great graphics demos, and some great slides to summarize the
    > points.

    Think ... I ... have ... PowerPoint ... Poisoning .... gasp

    --
    We are not even close to finishing the basic dream of what the PC can be.
    -- Bill Gates

  4. Re: Great Linux Demo

    "Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    > This is a very long demo,

    Long, boooooooooring poasts, nothing new Rex!

    > but it does do a good job of showing of
    > Linux desktop capabilities
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/32n32a

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    *plonk*

  5. Re: Great Linux Demo

    On 6 Feb, 09:50, Hadron wrote:

    > Had it modified the video bit to actually showing "real DVD play back" or a 3d game then all the better.

    Linux MCE vs Windows MCE (1of2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNwn...eature=related

    Warsow on Debian - GNU/Linux Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYMLe2DviG4
    --

    yea, but it doesn't have $random feeture ..

  6. Re: Great Linux Demo

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >"Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    >> This is a very long demo,

    >Long, boooooooooring poasts, nothing new Rex!
    >
    >> but it does do a good job of showing of
    >> Linux desktop capabilities
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/32n32a

    >ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    >*plonk*

    Ignore the forger.

  7. Re: Great Linux Demo

    chrisv writes:

    > some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>"Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    >>> This is a very long demo,

    >>Long, boooooooooring poasts, nothing new Rex!
    >>
    >>> but it does do a good job of showing of
    >>> Linux desktop capabilities
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/32n32a

    >>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    >>*plonk*

    > Ignore the forger.

    *rubs eyes free of sleep* Ignore who? You really think your *plonk*
    posts interest anyone?

  8. Re: Great Linux Demo

    "Hadron" schreef in bericht
    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    >>>
    >>>Long, boooooooooring poasts, nothing new Rex!

    >>>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    >>>*plonk*

    >> Ignore the forger.
    >>

    > *rubs eyes free of sleep* Ignore who? You really think your *plonk*
    > posts interest anyone?

    chrisv is desperate to get attention, he sends messages to himself. Some
    kind of schizophrenic disorder I guess!

  9. Re: Great Linux Demo

    chrisv wrote:

    >some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>"Rex Ballard" schreef in bericht
    >>> This is a very long demo,

    >>Long, boooooooooring poasts, nothing new Rex!
    >>
    >>> but it does do a good job of showing of
    >>> Linux desktop capabilities
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/32n32a

    >>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    >>*plonk*

    >Ignore the forger.

    Note to "Sibold". Your post was deleted, unread.

+ Reply to Thread