[News] Linux Laptop + FreeCulture.org = Free Unlimited Music - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux Laptop + FreeCulture.org = Free Unlimited Music - Linux ; Free Music Project ,----[ Quote ] | Our first project is with OLPC, the One Laptop per Child project, also | commonly referred to as the $100 Laptop. `---- http://freemusic.freeculture.org/ Related: Nine Inch Nails' Open Source Remix Album Available as ...

  1. [News] Linux Laptop + FreeCulture.org = Free Unlimited Music

    `----

    http://freemusic.freeculture.org/

    Related:

    Nine Inch Nails' Open Source Remix Album Available as Free Torrent

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Over the past few months, "multiple judges" at 9inchnails.com listened to
    | over 200 submissions to the Nine Inch Nails open source remix contest and the
    | 21 best remixes are now free to download via torrent or stream via the
    | website. *
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/09/...nch-nails.html

    Music industry attacks Sunday newspaper's free Prince CD

    ..----
    | The eagerly awaited new album by Prince is being launched as a free
    | CD with a national Sunday newspaper in a move that has drawn
    | widespread criticism from music retailers.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The Entertainment Retailers Association said the giveaway "beggars
    | belief". "It would be an insult to all those record stores who have
    | supported Prince throughout his career," ERA co-chairman Paul Quirk
    | told a music conference. "It would be yet another example of the
    | damaging covermount culture which is destroying any perception of
    | value around recorded music.
    `----

    http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2114557,00.html

  2. Re: [News] Linux Laptop + FreeCulture.org = Free Unlimited Music

    > Nine Inch Nails' Open Source Remix Album Available as Free Torrent

    Now that is freakin' cool.

    This is what software (all software, including music and films) /should/
    be. It's not about cost, it's about Freedom.

    Go NIN!

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    19:13:18 up 36 days, 18:08, 1 user, load average: 0.44, 0.50, 0.38

+ Reply to Thread