ignorant cunt trashed Stallman .. - Linux

This is a discussion on ignorant cunt trashed Stallman .. - Linux ; On 12 Sep, 17:25, "amicus_curious" wrote: > He was a computer operator. What kind of an ignorant cunt uses a fake alias on Usenet to trash the reputation of one of the all time greats in computing, the answer being ...

  1. ignorant cunt trashed Stallman ..

    On 12 Sep, 17:25, "amicus_curious" wrote:

    > He was a computer operator.

    What kind of an ignorant cunt uses a fake alias on Usenet to trash the
    reputation of one of the all time greats in computing, the answer
    being fake Erik Funkenbusch. You don't get a MacArthur Foundation for
    being a computer operator. I think you're confusing yourself, it's you
    that's the glorified board puller.
    -------

    "When I started working at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab in
    1971"

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opens.../stallman.html

    "Stallman .. worked as a computer programmer at the AI Lab from
    1971-84"

    http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2001/stallman-1017.html

    ".. Generating Communications Systems Through Shared Context ..
    Richard Matthew Stallman. ..."

    ".. Solving Hybrid Decision-Control Problems Through Conflict-
    Directed .. R. Stallman and GJ Sussman. ..."

    "MacArthur Foundation - MacArthur Fellows Program .. Richard
    Stallman"

    http://www.csail.mit.edu/timeline/ti...ter=milestones

  2. Re: ignorant cunt trashed Stallman ..

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    news:1189764098.018674.256280@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
    > On 12 Sep, 17:25, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    >> He was a computer operator.

    > What kind of an ignorant cunt uses a fake alias on Usenet to trash the
    > reputation of one of the all time greats in computing, the answer
    > being fake Erik Funkenbusch. You don't get a MacArthur Foundation for
    > being a computer operator. I think you're confusing yourself, it's you
    > that's the glorified board puller.
    > -------
    >
    > "When I started working at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab in
    > 1971"

    As a computer operator part-time while he fooled around at Harvard.

    > ".. Generating Communications Systems Through Shared Context ..
    > Richard Matthew Stallman. ..."
    >
    > ".. Solving Hybrid Decision-Control Problems Through Conflict-
    > Directed .. R. Stallman and GJ Sussman. ..."

    I would imagine Professor Sussman would not be so amused if he were to read
    your post!

    The first reference is to someone's MSEE thesis paper,
    http://mers.csail.mit.edu/theses/Fin...hesis_RajK.pdf, and I don't know
    how you got Stallman's name associated with that other than to just type it
    in. The other is a similar thesis,
    http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/7079. The latter was referenced in the
    bibliography of a Sussman paper that also cited some text from an Emacs
    manual and was so credited to Stallman. For a long time Stallman had linked
    to the FSF site via the mit.edu domain, as well, although MIT had no policy
    for support of FSF or GPL. The link was removed when the AI Lab's webmaster
    was made aware of the link.

    Stallman does no reasearch at AI Lab and has standing only insofar as their
    agreement with MacArthur. It's part of his ego to drop names.

  3. Re: ignorant cunt trashed Stallman ..

    On Sep 14, 3:01 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > On 12 Sep, 17:25, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    > > He was a computer operator.

    > What kind of an ignorant cunt uses a fake alias on Usenet to trash the
    > reputation of one of the all time greats in computing, the answer
    > being fake Erik Funkenbusch. You don't get a MacArthur Foundation for
    > being a computer operator. I think you're confusing yourself, it's you
    > that's the glorified board puller.
    > -------
    >
    > "When I started working at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab in
    > 1971"
    >
    > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opens.../stallman.html
    >
    > "Stallman .. worked as a computer programmer at the AI Lab from
    > 1971-84"
    >
    > http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2001/stallman-1017.html
    >
    > ".. Generating Communications Systems Through Shared Context ..
    > Richard Matthew Stallman. ..."
    >
    > ".. Solving Hybrid Decision-Control Problems Through Conflict-
    > Directed .. R. Stallman and GJ Sussman. ..."
    >
    > "MacArthur Foundation - MacArthur Fellows Program .. Richard
    > Stallman"
    >
    > http://www.csail.mit.edu/timeline/ti....php?query=all...

    Can you go easy on the language please? There are ladies who visit
    this NG (not often, I know).

  4. Re: ignorant cunt trashed Stallman ..

    "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" writes:

    > On Sep 14, 3:01 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> On 12 Sep, 17:25, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >>
    >> > He was a computer operator.

    >> What kind of an ignorant cunt uses a fake alias on Usenet to trash the
    >> reputation of one of the all time greats in computing, the answer
    >> being fake Erik Funkenbusch. You don't get a MacArthur Foundation for
    >> being a computer operator. I think you're confusing yourself, it's you
    >> that's the glorified board puller.
    >> -------
    >>
    >> "When I started working at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab in
    >> 1971"
    >>
    >> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opens.../stallman.html
    >>
    >> "Stallman .. worked as a computer programmer at the AI Lab from
    >> 1971-84"
    >>
    >> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2001/stallman-1017.html
    >>
    >> ".. Generating Communications Systems Through Shared Context ..
    >> Richard Matthew Stallman. ..."
    >>
    >> ".. Solving Hybrid Decision-Control Problems Through Conflict-
    >> Directed .. R. Stallman and GJ Sussman. ..."
    >>
    >> "MacArthur Foundation - MacArthur Fellows Program .. Richard
    >> Stallman"
    >>
    >> http://www.csail.mit.edu/timeline/ti....php?query=all...

    > Can you go easy on the language please? There are ladies who visit
    > this NG (not often, I know).

    Watch it. You're talking to Mental. Dog Mental.

+ Reply to Thread