Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead...... - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead...... - Linux ; Kier wrote: > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:00:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > >> ____/ Kier on Saturday 22 September 2007 21:21 : \____ >> >>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:08:10 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

  1. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Kier wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:00:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Kier on Saturday 22 September 2007 21:21 : \____

    >>> He'd be better off not spouting fantastic nonsense as if it were true.

    >> *sigh*

    > Read what he writes, and get your head out of your arse, Roy.

    Why should he? I don't read any of Rex posts. Far too long and winding, I
    gave up after the first 3 or 4 posts, long ago

    > He spouts fantasies most of the time.

    And that is different from Erik F or Hadron Quark exactly how?

    > Just because he's a Linux advocate doesn't
    > mean he can get away with spouting crap.

    Not if you can prove him wrong, and you have actually the inclination to
    read his stuff

    So far all I see is rabid attacks of dishonest swine on Rex. Like Erik F,
    for example. And he did not attack the *contents* of Rex posts, he attacked
    the messenger. Could it perhaps mean that Erik F found it more easy to dig
    up personal info than refute claims?

    I do not claim that Rex posts anything but utter balderdash, as I don't read
    his stuff. But I can certainly claim that his opponents (all of them) felt
    the need to attack him personally, instead of clobbering his "facts"
    --
    We may not return the affection of those who like us,
    but we always respect their good judgement.

  2. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:50:21 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:00:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 22 September 2007 21:21 : \____

    >>> *sigh*

    >> Read what he writes, and get your head out of your arse, Roy.

    > Why should he? I don't read any of Rex posts. Far too long and winding, I
    > gave up after the first 3 or 4 posts, long ago
    >
    >> He spouts fantasies most of the time.

    > And that is different from Erik F or Hadron Quark exactly how?
    >
    >> Just because he's a Linux advocate doesn't
    >> mean he can get away with spouting crap.
    >>

    > Not if you can prove him wrong, and you have actually the inclination to
    > read his stuff

    I've read enough to know it's nonsense. It gives me no pleasure to say so,
    since Rex seems to be a decent bloke otherwise. Maybe he actually believes
    what he posts, I don't know.

    > So far all I see is rabid attacks of dishonest swine on Rex. Like Erik F,
    > for example. And he did not attack the *contents* of Rex posts, he attacked
    > the messenger. Could it perhaps mean that Erik F found it more easy to dig
    > up personal info than refute claims?

    Both Erik and DFS have proved Rex is talking crap. More than once.

    > I do not claim that Rex posts anything but utter balderdash, as I don't read
    > his stuff. But I can certainly claim that his opponents (all of them) felt
    > the need to attack him personally, instead of clobbering his "facts"

    Which is something I have never agreed with, and have said so.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Kier wrote:

    < snip >

    >> So far all I see is rabid attacks of dishonest swine on Rex. Like Erik F,
    >> for example. And he did not attack the *contents* of Rex posts, he
    >> attacked the messenger. Could it perhaps mean that Erik F found it more
    >> easy to dig up personal info than refute claims?

    > Both Erik and DFS have proved Rex is talking crap.

    That Erik /might/ have disproved him I could perhaps accept, as Erik is not
    completely stupid yet. I don't, as I think Erik is too dishonest to believe
    anything at all from him. I would not accept "2+2=4" from Erik. Actually,
    when Erik posts something, I will always believe it to be a lie. It has to
    backed up by a credible source before I start believing anything at all
    from Erik

    > More than once.

    That I would not believe at all. And certainly DFS has yet to "prove"
    something. He should start with proving that he actually has at least one
    working braincell

    < snip >
    --
    Most projects start out slowly -- and then sort of taper off.
    -- Norman Augustine

  4. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >
    > < snip >
    >

    >>> So far all I see is rabid attacks of dishonest swine on Rex. Like Erik
    >>> F, for example. And he did not attack the *contents* of Rex posts, he
    >>> attacked the messenger. Could it perhaps mean that Erik F found it more
    >>> easy to dig up personal info than refute claims?

    >> Both Erik and DFS have proved Rex is talking crap.

    > That Erik /might/ have disproved him I could perhaps accept, as Erik is
    > not completely stupid yet. I don't, as I think Erik is too dishonest to
    > believe anything at all from him. I would not accept "2+2=4" from Erik.
    > Actually, when Erik posts something, I will always believe it to be a lie.
    > It has to backed up by a credible source before I start believing anything
    > at all from Erik

    For too many times, IMO, Erik F has walked away from things *he's* claimed &
    never answered them. Claims for example about:-
    What about using MS TT fonts on Linux?

    How did the Morris worm spread by email?

    Where does NTFS store its journal?

    And also what about the "thousands of root exploits per month" he claimed,
    & was then found to be making it all up?

    Even though I don't read Rex (too long winded IMHO), I wouldn't take EF's
    word for *anything*.

    >> More than once.

    > That I would not believe at all. And certainly DFS has yet to "prove"
    > something. He should start with proving that he actually has at least one
    > working braincell

    The linux vulnerabilities that he used to publish, for a start, (& was
    disproved on many an occasion, as they were duplicated & didn't affect
    every distro etc) was one thing that didn't seem to pentrate his skull.
    Just one example that he's yet to prove he's got a braincell.

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, Debian 4.0

  5. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    In article ,
    Kier wrote:
    > >> He'd be better off not spouting fantastic nonsense as if it were true.

    > > *sigh*

    > Read what he writes, and get your head out of your arse, Roy. He spouts
    > fantasies most of the time. Just because he's a Linux advocate doesn't
    > mean he can get away with spouting crap.

    But for Roy, a little thing like a conspiracy among pretty much everyone
    connected with the development of Java, the web, Linux, GNU, and the
    other things Rex is responsible for, to write Rex out of all published
    accounts of those things, would be par for the course. I'm sure at some
    point, he'll even manage to tie that to the Microsoft conspiracy that
    has let Microsoft take over several major world governments.

    (Hell, they even got to OpenBSD. Roy thinks Theo is working for
    Microsoft...)

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:40:36 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >> > *sigh*

    >> Read what he writes, and get your head out of your arse, Roy. He spouts
    >> fantasies most of the time. Just because he's a Linux advocate doesn't
    >> mean he can get away with spouting crap.

    > But for Roy, a little thing like a conspiracy among pretty much everyone
    > connected with the development of Java, the web, Linux, GNU, and the
    > other things Rex is responsible for, to write Rex out of all published
    > accounts of those things, would be par for the course. I'm sure at some
    > point, he'll even manage to tie that to the Microsoft conspiracy that
    > has let Microsoft take over several major world governments.
    >
    > (Hell, they even got to OpenBSD. Roy thinks Theo is working for
    > Microsoft...)

    Tim, you've become an arsehole just lately. You used to stick to facts,
    now you just use personal attacks to make a point. Why?

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Kier wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:40:36 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> Read what he writes, and get your head out of your arse, Roy. He spouts
    >>> fantasies most of the time. Just because he's a Linux advocate doesn't
    >>> mean he can get away with spouting crap.

    >> But for Roy, a little thing like a conspiracy among pretty much everyone
    >> connected with the development of Java, the web, Linux, GNU, and the
    >> other things Rex is responsible for, to write Rex out of all published
    >> accounts of those things, would be par for the course. I'm sure at some
    >> point, he'll even manage to tie that to the Microsoft conspiracy that
    >> has let Microsoft take over several major world governments.
    >>
    >> (Hell, they even got to OpenBSD. Roy thinks Theo is working for
    >> Microsoft...)

    > Tim, you've become an arsehole just lately.

    "Just lately" being somewhere around "years ago"

    > You used to stick to facts,

    "Tim Hadron" facts, to be more to the point

    > now you just use personal attacks to make a point. Why?

    Because he has no actual points left?
    --
    Ogden's Law:
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  8. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    William Poaster wrote:

    > The linux vulnerabilities that he used to publish, for a start, (& was
    > disproved on many an occasion

    Nothing was disproved, of course.

    > , as they were duplicated & didn't affect
    > every distro etc)

    Nor did I ever claim they did.

    > was one thing that didn't seem to pentrate his
    > skull. Just one example that he's yet to prove he's got a braincell.

    Nearly every cola poster makes some kind of contribution, and has a reason
    for being here. What's yours, Dumb Willie? Literally all you've been able
    to do for the last 3 years is make inane comments about your killfiles and
    about "trolls".

    Shouldn't you leave cola forever and find another group that would accept
    your sheer worthlessness? How about alt.test?

  9. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Rex, your knowledge and time will be better spent not replying to
    > trolls. Even if they provoke for replies by refuting, lying to, and
    > ridiculing you, it will be best to ignore them. By replying, you're
    > only asking for more (now or in the future).
    >
    > Just my opinion anyway...

    How many hours do you dedicate each day to finding pro-Linux and anti-MS
    info, repackaging and reformatting it and sending it to
    comp.os.linux.advocacy (and God knows where else you post your stupidity)?
    4 hours? 6? more?

    Yeah, you're the one to tell people how to spend their time, you lying
    spamming psycho.

  10. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 04:07:32 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:40:36 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> But for Roy, a little thing like a conspiracy among pretty much everyone
    >>> connected with the development of Java, the web, Linux, GNU, and the
    >>> other things Rex is responsible for, to write Rex out of all published
    >>> accounts of those things, would be par for the course. I'm sure at some
    >>> point, he'll even manage to tie that to the Microsoft conspiracy that
    >>> has let Microsoft take over several major world governments.
    >>>
    >>> (Hell, they even got to OpenBSD. Roy thinks Theo is working for
    >>> Microsoft...)

    >> Tim, you've become an arsehole just lately.

    > "Just lately" being somewhere around "years ago"

    No, just lately. He was okay before.

    >> You used to stick to facts,

    > "Tim Hadron" facts, to be more to the point
    >
    >> now you just use personal attacks to make a point. Why?
    >>

    > Because he has no actual points left?

    He does, but he seems to prefer being unpleasant when it's not necessary.
    But then, matbe he doesn't like being called Timmy for no good reason.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    On Sep 21, 11:49 am, "DFS" wrote:
    [snip]

    I have better things to do than try to respond to your claims of my
    accomplishments.
    I know what I did.
    My employers know what I did.
    I have some documentation that show I was "in the neighborhood"
    Even if a co-worker said "yes, Rex did that", you'd be calling HIM a
    liar.

  12. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Sep 21, 11:49 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > [snip]
    >
    > I have better things to do than try to respond to your claims of my
    > accomplishments.

    They're YOUR claims. All of them. And they're ridiculous.

    > I know what I did.
    > My employers know what I did.

    Fine. But the people that actually created the things you claimed to have
    created...

    * SSL
    * Java
    * remote procedure calls
    * shttp specs
    * added $750 million/year operating profit to FedEx
    * contributed verbiage to GPL1
    * create $billion industries
    * created designs that became Martin-Marietta weaponry
    * MS used your ideas/code in MS-DOS and Win2K
    * work led to Lynx and Opera
    * 8000 new Linux webservers deployed
    * dual-boot Windows and Linux was your idea
    * first person to sell computers
    * first person to rent videos

    ....DON'T know what you did.

    And here's a good one: "I don't know if this eventually evolved into, or
    became, Tivoli Storage Manager or not." Answer: it didn't.

    And you actually said that you advised Lycos and Yahoo and Amazon how to
    "take it to the next level" and they became big businesses not long after
    you answered questions on a mailing list.

    You're deluded, and you're irresponsible and fraudulent for trying to take
    credit from the real creators and contributors.

    What's wrong with being satisfied with your true achievements?

    > I have some documentation that show I was "in the neighborhood"

    means, motive and opportunity!
    nondisclosure agreements!
    Google didn't archive it!
    boss took credit!
    degrees of separation!
    man behind the curtain!
    Phantom of the Internet!
    Kingmaker!
    in the neighborhood!

    Usenet Kook!

    > Even if a co-worker said "yes, Rex did that", you'd be calling HIM a
    > liar.

    Depends on what he said.

  13. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    In article ,
    "DFS" wrote:
    > > I have some documentation that show I was "in the neighborhood"

    > means, motive and opportunity!
    > nondisclosure agreements!
    > Google didn't archive it!
    > boss took credit!
    > degrees of separation!
    > man behind the curtain!
    > Phantom of the Internet!
    > Kingmaker!
    > in the neighborhood!
    >
    > Usenet Kook!

    [At the risk of kicking COLA to the next level of obscure references...]

    I wonder if he was in the neighborhood of Isaac Asimov in 1957? Perhaps
    the character of Kane in the short story "Does a Bee Care?" was modeled
    after him! :-)

    --
    --Tim Smith

  14. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    ____/ Rex Ballard on Monday 24 September 2007 18:06 : \____

    > On Sep 21, 11:49 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > [snip]
    >
    > I have better things to do than try to respond to your claims of my
    > accomplishments.
    > I know what I did.
    > My employers know what I did.
    > I have some documentation that show I was "in the neighborhood"
    > Even if a co-worker said "yes, Rex did that", you'd be calling HIM a
    > liar.

    Just filter posts from the trolls and you won't be tempted to defend yourself.
    You have spent a great deal of energy merely repeating the same arguments and
    they keep teasing because they see it touches a serve.

    I've seen your name in various places, so it's clear you've make impact long
    before I even /knew/ what Linux was.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Have you compiled your kernel today?"

  15. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > [At the risk of kicking COLA to the next level of obscure
    > references...]
    >
    > I wonder if he was in the neighborhood of Isaac Asimov in 1957?
    > Perhaps the character of Kane in the short story "Does a Bee Care?"
    > was modeled after him! :-)

    ha!

    Rex, did you send suggestions to Asimov when you were 2 years old? By then
    you would have been designing improvised explosive devices...

  16. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ Rex Ballard on Monday 24 September 2007 18:06 : \____
    >
    >> On Sep 21, 11:49 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> I have better things to do than try to respond to your claims of my
    >> accomplishments.
    >> I know what I did.
    >> My employers know what I did.
    >> I have some documentation that show I was "in the neighborhood"
    >> Even if a co-worker said "yes, Rex did that", you'd be calling HIM a
    >> liar.

    > Just filter posts from the trolls and you won't be tempted to defend
    > yourself.

    Good advice: why try to defend an indefensible position? (his and yours)

    > You have spent a great deal of energy merely repeating the
    > same arguments and they keep teasing because they see it touches a
    > serve.
    >
    > I've seen your name in various places, so it's clear you've make
    > impact long before I even /knew/ what Linux was.

    So you were reading soc.motss (members.of.the.same.sex) before you got into
    Linux?

  17. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    DFS wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote: |
    > |.|
    > > [At the risk of kicking |.| o the next level of obscure
    > > references...] |\./|
    > > |\./|
    > > I wond . |\./| . Asimov in 1957?
    > > Perhaps \^.\ |\\.//| /.^/ ry "Does a Bee Care?"
    > > was mode \--.|\ |\\.//| /|.--/

    > \--.| \ |\\.//| / |.--/
    > ha! \---.|\ |\./| /|.---/
    > \--.|\ |\./| /|.--/
    > Rex, did you send s \ .\ |.| /. / v when you were 2 years old? By then
    > you would _ -_^_^_^_- \ \\ // / -_^_^_^_- _ ve devices...
    > - -/_/_/- ^ ^ ||| ^ ^ -\_\_\- -
    > |
    > -------------------
    > -=[ You MUST be high! ]=-
    > -------------------

  18. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Anonymous Sender wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Tim Smith wrote: |
    >> |.|
    >>> [At the risk of kicking |.| o the next level of obscure
    >>> references...] |\./|
    >>> |\./|
    >>> I wond . |\./| . Asimov in 1957?
    >>> Perhaps \^.\ |\\.//| /.^/ ry "Does a Bee Care?"
    >>> was mode \--.|\ |\\.//| /|.--/

    >> \--.| \ |\\.//| / |.--/
    >> ha! \---.|\ |\./| /|.---/
    >> \--.|\ |\./| /|.--/
    >> Rex, did you send s \ .\ |.| /. / v when you were 2 years old? By then
    >> you would _ -_^_^_^_- \ \\ // / -_^_^_^_- _ ve devices...
    >> - -/_/_/- ^ ^ ||| ^ ^ -\_\_\- -
    >> |
    >> -------------------
    >> -=[ You MUST be high! ]=-
    >> -------------------

    Good ASCII art, LOL!

    --
    HPT

  19. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    DFS wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> You have spent a great deal of energy merely repeating the
    >> same arguments and they keep teasing because they see it
    >> touches a serve.
    >>
    >> I've seen your name in various places, so it's clear you've
    >> make impact long before I even /knew/ what Linux was.

    > So you were reading soc.motss (members.of.the.same.sex) before
    > you got into Linux?

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/dfs-troll.html

    Another fine advocacy post from Windows user and troll, DFS.

    --
    HPT

  20. Re: Linux Advocacy is completely Dead......

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Rex Ballard on Monday:
    >> "DFS" wrote: [snip]
    >>
    >> I have better things to do than try to respond to your
    >> claims of my accomplishments. I know what I did. My
    >> employers know what I did. I have some documentation that
    >> show I was "in the neighborhood" Even if a co-worker said
    >> "yes, Rex did that", you'd be calling HIM a liar.

    > Just filter posts from the trolls and you won't be tempted to
    > defend yourself. You have spent a great deal of energy merely
    > repeating the same arguments and they keep teasing because
    > they see it touches a serve.
    >
    > I've seen your name in various places, so it's clear you've
    > make impact long before I even /knew/ what Linux was.

    I don't put too much credence into DFS' replies, and after all,
    he slinked away from this one

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....eee6e21591568?

    and several others from advocates.

    I am seeing a turning tide now. Trolls have effectively lost,
    Linux and Open Source are gaining, even in US.

    There will come a time when there will no longer need to be
    advocacy because of the dominance of Linux and Open Source.

    --
    HPT