Fair use boosts US economy more than copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| The CCIA referred to recent estimates of the industry wide value added net
| revenue of fair use versus copyright based industries. Copyright based value
| amounts to $1.3 trillion, whereas fair use value amounts to $2.2 trillion,
| according to the CCIA report. Thus the fair use contribution to the US
| economy is 70 per cent greater than that of copyright.
`----

And then there's sharing of free code and media. Open Source to the rescue.

Firefox Gets BitTorrent

,----[ Quote ]
| Though AllPeers is all about Mozilla, it does recognize the fact there are
| other browsers out there, namely Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3699316

Yesterday:

Creative Commons Artist Spotlight: Convey

,----[ Quote ]
| Every week, we will introduce our readers to emerging musical artists who
| choose to release their work under Creative Commons licenses.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/0...tlight-convey/

Nine Inch Nails' Open Source Remix Album Available as Free Torrent

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/09/...nch-nails.html