[News] Company Chooses OpenOffice.org - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Company Chooses OpenOffice.org - Linux ; Should your firm be FLOSSing? ,----[ Quote ] | The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) had no problem going against the grain | when it decided to forgo the widely used Microsoft Office suite of business | applications. Instead, it chose ...

  1. [News] Company Chooses OpenOffice.org

    Should your firm be FLOSSing?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) had no problem going against the grain
    | when it decided to forgo the widely used Microsoft Office suite of business
    | applications. Instead, it chose to replace its aging WordPerfect
    | installations with OpenOffice.org - for free.
    `----

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business

    Yesterday:

    Vietnam Switches to OpenOffice.org

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | More than 20,000 computers from Party offices nationwide will switch to using
    | OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office from early 2008.
    `----

    http://saigontimes.com.vn/daily/BRIE...riefly%20today

  2. Re: [News] Company Chooses OpenOffice.org

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Should your firm be FLOSSing?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) had no problem going against the grain
    >| when it decided to forgo the widely used Microsoft Office suite of business
    >| applications. Instead, it chose to replace its aging WordPerfect
    >| installations with OpenOffice.org - for free.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business

    Excellent - it'll keep happening, as people realise that there is
    positively no reason to lock yourself into Microsoft. I suspect that
    Microsoft's attempts to corrupt the ISO organisation in order to force
    OOXML through as some kind of Microsoft-only standard were just too
    late. About 5 years too late, in fact.

    > Yesterday:
    >
    > Vietnam Switches to OpenOffice.org
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| More than 20,000 computers from Party offices nationwide will switch to using
    >| OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office from early 2008.
    > `----
    >
    > http://saigontimes.com.vn/daily/BRIE...riefly%20today

    .... bing* another one.

  3. Re: [News] Company Chooses OpenOffice.org

    ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 14 September 2007 13:11 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Should your firm be FLOSSing?
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) had no problem going against the grain
    >>| when it decided to forgo the widely used Microsoft Office suite of business
    >>| applications. Instead, it chose to replace its aging WordPerfect
    >>| installations with OpenOffice.org - for free.
    >> `----

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business

    > Excellent - it'll keep happening, as people realise that there is
    > positively no reason to lock yourself into Microsoft. I suspect that
    > Microsoft's attempts to corrupt the ISO organisation in order to force
    > OOXML through as some kind of Microsoft-only standard were just too
    > late. About 5 years too late, in fact.

    It's not over, The ISO seems to be corrupted as well, based on some recent
    irregularities. It's not over. I still find some fraud at the top, but I
    sometimes just post it to BN.com, not COLA. it's disgraceful. What else can
    one say?

    >> Yesterday:
    >>
    >> Vietnam Switches to OpenOffice.org
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| More than 20,000 computers from Party offices nationwide will switch to
    >>| using OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office from early 2008.
    >> `----

    http://saigontimes.com.vn/daily/BRIE...riefly%20today

    > ... bing* another one.

    Yes, they are dropping like flies (the Microsoft licences, that is).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
    Tasks: 118 total, 1 running, 117 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie