Vector Linux 5.9-Pseudo64-0.1 -- Finally, 64-bit Vector

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s a 64-bit version. There has never been a 64-bit version of Vector
| Linux before. To me this is one more essential step towards Vector Linux
| being taken seriously as a major distribution.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog...6401_fina.html

Slackbuilds: A Slackware solution

,----[ Quote ]
| It's another great reason to run Slackware.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/200...re_soluti.html

Related:

Slackware: old warhorse is going strong

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time I looked at Slackware was nearly seven years ago; version 7.1
| was thrown my way by a magazine and I was asked for a review. My usage of the
| distribution had ended early in 2000 when I moved to Debian after using
| Slackware 4.0 and then 7.0 for about a year. *
|
| [...]
|
| I guess Slackware will have its band of loyal users; it has some good points
| and a certain kind of people like their Linux the way Volkerding has designed
| the distribution. Had the upgrade process been less cumbersome, who knows, I
| might still be using it. *
`----

VectorLinux - The Pefect Installation and Setup

,----[ Quote ]
| The *VectorLinux Website is promising: “Speed, performance, stability --
| these are attributes that set VectorLinux apart in the crowded field of Linux
| distributions. VectorLinux is a lighterweight, fast, Linux operating system
| for Intel-AMD x86 compatible systems and is based upon Slackware, one of the
| original Linux distributions…” * *
| Linux-Tip was testing the installation and usage of version 5.8 (Standard
| Gold).
`----

http://www.linux-tip.net/cms/content/view/315/26/

Review: Vector Linux 5.8 Standard Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I'd rate Vector Linux as a very high quality distribution that easily
| gains a spot on my short list of highly recommended distributions for new and
| experienced users. *I give the developers huge props for creating a
| distribution that takes one of the most powerful and complex distributions in
| the world (Slackware) and turns it into a new users dream desktop. *This is
| even a distro I would feel comfortable giving to my own mom, and that's
| saying a lot. * * *
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=278

Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Those looking for a fast and powerful Slackware-based distribution, be sure
| to check out this latest 5.8 SOHO installment of Vector Linux.
`----

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/07/27...soho-a-review/

VectorLinux 5.8 live CD GOLD final and SOHO-5.8 live alpha1

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux team is proud to announce the release of VectorLinux
| 5.8 GOLD LIVE CD and the first SOHO-5.8 alpha live CD and DVD.
`----

http://www.vectorlinux.com/article.p...94227fd824bef6
http://tinyurl.com/37or32

VectorLinux SOHO: A better Slackware than Slackware

,----[ Quote ]
| I've always admired VectorLinux for offering what I consider a
| better Slackware than Slackware. It's beautiful and functional,
| and would work well for me in my home office. On the desktop it
| is an excellent distribution with no real problems.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/distro....shtml?tid=127

VL-5.8 standard final is under the tree. Merry Christmas!!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vector developement team is proud to announce the release of Vector
| Linux *5.8 Standard final, code named "Santa" (Merry Christmas!). This
| is the fruit that has resulted from several months of coding, debugging
| and testing by the core developement team and the Vector community.
`----

http://www.vectorlinux.com/article.php?sid=40

Review: VectorLinux 5.8

,----[ Quote ]
| I found VectorLinux to be an attractive OS for those who just want
| to browse the Web, watch DVDs and other video formats, and perform
| basic word processing.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/articl...66220&from=rss

New Release of a Cool Canadian Distro: Vector Linux 5.8

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
|
| Once you have Vector Linux installed, configured, and customized
| to your needs it?s an absolute pleasure to run. It?s fast and sleek
| and well thought out. Some features, such as those for managing
| WiFi connections and removable hardware, are absolutely second
| to none...
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog...ian_distr.html

First look at VectorLinux 5.8 SOHO

,----[ Quote ]
| VectorLinux is a distro that I tested only a couple of times before,
| but I was very impressed with the system. Then, as now, it was a
| pretty, complete, and stable alternative to heavier or more
| complicated offerings. It dresses up Slackware and adds needed
| functionality, yet remains true to the Slackware tradition.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070226#review

Vector Linux - Chaucer's Beautiful Hag

,----[ Quote ]
| I installed Vector Linux on an ancient HP vectra, a PII-450MHz box with
| 192MB RAM.
`----

Vector Linux Environmental Stewards

,----[ Quote ]